GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the streams from mile markers 9 to 18 that head into the Ocean have a strong enough current to carry a heavy item?
Are any of the streams viewable from a higher drop off spot?

Police use mile markers. For disabled cars, accidents, ambulance calls, fire calls etc... that's why they're there!!
It's unfathomable to me that such crucial information such as drag marks is so difficult to figure out. Loo says between 9 and 10 but there is no hesitation about mm 18

Would the area near let's say mm 17.7 ish where the U part of the road is have a drop off?
I did go over that area in street view back when the testimony was just up. I switched to Google Earth because it gives elevation of each spot, and it's much too low there. The climb I screenshot has the needed elevation. He said "several hundred feet" and that is big.

Do any of the streams from mile markers 9 to 18 that head into the Ocean have a strong enough current to carry a heavy item?
When it rains hard, the streams swell and have a lot of water, but it would be very risky to use one, because when that happens there is a lot of other debris like tree branches all going along, and it's as likely or not the heavy item would get hung up on a branch or in rocks. When it's not raining, these streams are pretty shallow. They are mostly fed with rainwater flowing down Haleakala volcano.

Here's a shot looking from the ocean towards Honomanu and Nua'ailua (Paraquat's), so you can readily see the amazing topography of the land there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• honomanu_bay_and_nuaailua_bay.jpg
    honomanu_bay_and_nuaailua_bay.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 63
For reference the length of a football field is 360 feet.
I see where you're talking Pua. Your post around mm 19

You got a shot like this of MM 17 to 19?
Not at hand, but maybe using Google Earth if I had it open. It pretty much hogs my poor old computer's RAM when I use it.

So there is plenty of cliff dropping into ocean going back towards "civilization" from Honomanu. There are lots of photos of that section because of the Honomanu Lookout. I don't know why he wouldn't go for something like this. This is practically next door to the crime scene.

honomanu-bay-and-black-sand-beach.jpg

attachment.php

The MM 18-19 would only be convenient coming back from Nahiku, IMHO. I mean, that could be why that location was chosen to drop something over, if indeed it was. (The truck story was I think around MM 20.)

Attachments

• honomanu-bay-and-black-sand-beach.jpg
    honomanu-bay-and-black-sand-beach.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 64
It occurs to me that Steven wouldn't have a great knowledge of the ocean currents along the coast here. He doesn't fish, so he says ... not a boater guy. Some currents take stuff away, and at other points, the ocean pushes stuff back in and beaches it. One has to know the currents to safely use the ocean as a disposal mechanism. There are sharks along here ... but again, one can't necessarily count on them helping to cover up the crime. Maybe they will, maybe not.

[video=youtube;Wad5j9KJ_cQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wad5j9KJ_cQ[/video]

Fiona's media interview. At 2:00 min mark there is a quick pic of yellow police tape around a guard rail. Does that area look familiar? It is different than the red tape that searchers used to mark areas searched.

Quite possible drag marks are insignificant. I wonder if this is near the lookout? Or near or across from a turnout? Because IMO, as he described them, they could have been made by someone walking on the vegetation I would think, and unfortunately some tourists just don't understand the danger of walking off the road on the cliff side and they do go over guardrails, etc to get the "perfect" shot.

A 12'yr old boy did that a few years ago, interestingly enough between Paraquat Rd and Keanae. Fell 200-250 ft to his death after trying to look over the roadway. Sooooo many places to drop a body or body parts on that road.

Also creepy (to me anyway), is two other tragedies happened in that area, within a mile or two, in the last few years, I think after Charli actually. One, mudslide about 8 feet high completely covered the road. Luckily no cars on the road when it happened. Other is local (Hana) teenager went off cliff, he died, his passenger lived. He was high school football star. Official word was he fell asleep. This is my LEAST favorite part of this drive..... I couldn't pass it without shuddering for quite a while. I used to love the road to Hana, not so much anymore. There's been a lot of tragedy on that road. :(

I'm in no way an expert of the area, but 2 streams I know of are significant, and of course empty into the ocean.

One at Hanamanu (it's part of what makes that beach so special, the freshwater stream meeting the ocean)
One at Keanae. That one has (or had, back then) a pool before it met the ocean. There's a lookout on Hana Highway right above the pool. I know this because many many years ago (about 35), I skinny dipped in it with a co-worker, and while we were in the pool we looked up and saw tourists watching us ... We had a good laugh and waited until they left to get out. Ahhh, those were my young & foolish days !

Quite possible drag marks are insignificant. I wonder if this is near the lookout? Or near or across from a turnout? Because IMO, as he described them, they could have been made by someone walking on the vegetation I would think, and unfortunately some tourists just don't understand the danger of walking off the road on the cliff side and they do go over guardrails, etc to get the "perfect" shot.

A 12'yr old boy did that a few years ago, interestingly enough between Paraquat Rd and Keanae. Fell 200-250 ft to his death after trying to look over the roadway. Sooooo many places to drop a body or body parts on that road.

Also creepy (to me anyway), is two other tragedies happened in that area, within a mile or two, in the last few years, I think after Charli actually. One, mudslide about 8 feet high completely covered the road. Luckily no cars on the road when it happened. Other is local (Hana) teenager went off cliff, he died, his passenger lived. He was high school football star. Official word was he fell asleep. This is my LEAST favorite part of this drive..... I couldn't pass it without shuddering for quite a while. I used to love the road to Hana, not so much anymore. There's been a lot of tragedy on that road. :(

I am starting to feel the same way about the drag marks. Charli's clothes, etc., were found between MM 15 and MM 16. The drag marks were farther toward Hana. If he went that direction, he'd be on the opposite side of the road driving around with a corpse in the vehicle. I think Charli is close to where the clothes were, IF that's the crime scene. She'd either be in the stream weighed down by large rocks, in the bay, carried out to sea, or buried.

I think he went back to Haiku, dropping off the bloody jeans at MM 9-10.

Best guess based on what we know now and MOO.

:cow:

I am starting to feel the same way about the drag marks. Charli's clothes, etc., were found between MM 15 and MM 16. The drag marks were farther toward Hana. If he went that direction, he'd be on the opposite side of the road from the drag marks, driving around with a corpse in the vehicle. I think Charli is close to where the clothes were, IF that's the crime scene. She'd either be in the stream weighed down by large rocks, in the bay, carried out to sea, or buried. (How fast is the Nua'ailua stream?)

I think he went back to Haiku, dropping off the bloody jeans at MM 9-10.

Best guess based on what we know now and MOO.

:cow:

The other problem with the drag mark is if he pushed her over the side, that creates a heck of a lot more work for him especially to get the evidence found at Paraquats there. Or like mentioned above move a body around in a car.

You can overhear Rivera whisper to/ask his assistant about showing the jury a map when Loo is referring to MM 18. The video cuts about 4 minutes later without seeing that.

A map would be great. I think giving visuals for the jury makes it real in their head. If it's confusing, the brain tends to turn it off and not process the information. The jury needs that oooOOOooohhhh I get it imo.

The jury needs solid testimony to decide this case. Apo is so quick to object against anyone's credibility (your honor, lack of foundation) that the story is retold in fragmented pieces. Very confusing for all, including the witness.

Jurors already heard from Capobianco's own mouth in interview audio plenty that points to him as likely the murderer and made him unlikable.
(But, I mean, he had kind of a mouth on him -- I could see him pissing somebody off.)
They have to see him sit there expressionless psychopath aloha shirt every day.
Jurors keep hearing more and more evidence and they know they have a lot of days ahead more and more is coming.
Apo is acting like a clown. His wild pig theory made him ridiculous beyond repair. As juror that would be when I know he's really got nothing. He throws out dumb ideas that aren't even possible reasonable doubt just because he hopes at least one juror is stupid and gets confused. Insulting. Jurors are probably real tired of him wasting their time. Some cases are overwhelming obvious and still every one has to sit through it for months to hear everything.

9. DO NOT EXAGGERATE
Don’t make overbroad statements that you may have to correct. Be particularly careful
in responding to a question that begins, “W ouldn’t you agree that...?” The explanation shouldbe in your own words. Do not allow an attorney to put words in your mouth.

Jurors already heard from Capobianco's own mouth in interview audio plenty that points to him as likely the murderer and made him unlikable.
(But, I mean, he had kind of a mouth on him -- I could see him pissing somebody off.)
They have to see him sit there expressionless psychopath aloha shirt every day.
Jurors keep hearing more and more evidence and they know they have a lot of days ahead more and more is coming.
Apo is acting like a clown. His wild pig theory made him ridiculous beyond repair. As juror that would be when I know he's really got nothing. He throws out dumb ideas that aren't even possible reasonable doubt just because he hopes at least one juror is stupid and gets confused. Insulting. Jurors are probably real tired of him wasting their time. Some cases are overwhelming obvious and still every one has to sit through it for months to hear everything.

Steven is doing exactly as he has been instructed. Sit there and keep your mouth shut and show no emotion. It could be misconstrued and hard to control so just dont start. Thats the best play. Also here could always be some stupid stubborn antagonist on the jury that just wants to let him go F*#$ the Po-Po kind of Dirtbag. There are a lot of variables here. That Jury has to want to hang him high for this to stick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24