GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back a few pages and Loio posted that the guardrail drag and pants were at MM 9-10 according to Sgt. Loo's testimony. Charli's clothes were roughly at MM 16, if I recall correctly.
No, the guardrail with drag marks was past MM 18. Both spots had a guardrail in the testimony, but Loo said the drop was a sheer fall of a few hundred feet. We straightened that out with Loio and Peter Tosh added his local knowledge of the road after Loio posted.
Sorry, I am working and on a deadline, so I can't go find links.

Pua, does that map I linked above accurately show mile marker 18 would be?

Oh dear. How could they see Steven at Paraquats if the last time they saw him was leaving the spot marked with the cone heading towards Hana? He would have had to pass them. Paraquats is Haiku way!

No, the guardrail with drag marks was past MM 18. Both spots had a guardrail in the testimony, but Loo said the drop was a sheer fall of a few hundred feet. We straightened that out with Loio and Peter Tosh added his local knowledge of the road after Loio posted.
Sorry, I am working and on a deadline, so I can't go find links.
If the drag marks were by Kaumahina then they were at MM 13. I know tats where they found the jeans right? When you say past you need to specify Haiku or Hana way. I always think towards Hana MM18 is a flat near sea level spot before the 4 mile climb inland. SC's story claims he broke down around the 20-21 MM. About three miles up from MM 18. begs the question why didnt he just coast his standard transmission vehicle down to MM 18 and the village of Wailua? There really arent any cliffs or anything at MM 18

MM 20 SC says his truck broke down.

Back towards Haiku...

MM 15.5 Paraquats

MM 13 Kaumahina and Jeans.

I survived the Road to Hana is a term used here. Its so very confusing. Ive traveled it probably over 100 times. I feel sorry for anybody trying to recollect it.

Bends.jpg

Which bend is shown on Phaedra's phone? (1, 2, or 3)?

Kapua, is the large U bend that is Paraquats Beach and the pathway at mile marker 15/16? Or to the left of that mile marker 14? I've got myself all confused.

MM 20 SC says his truck broke down.

Back towards Haiku...

MM 15.5 Paraquats

MM 13 Kaumahina and Jeans.

I survived the Road to Hana is a term used here. Its so very confusing. Ive traveled it probably over 100 times. I feel sorry for anybody trying to recollect it.

I have driven it only about 10 times, and I can only tell you that it's beautiful and it's about the journey, not the destination. I didn't look at any mile markers, LOL.

If you want to talk about a challenging road, however, that's the one that goes around West Maui, from Ka'anapali to Kahakuloa the hard way. OMG. Did that once. Don't know what I was thinking...

Kapua, is the large U bend that is Paraquats Beach and the pathway at mile marker 15/16? Or to the left of that mile marker 14? I've got myself all confused.

I am as confused as you are. Will wait for the locals to clue us in.

At Mile 18, Sgt. Loo testified that drag marks were observed below a guardrail on the makai shoulder of the road and that vegetation below appeared to be “pushed down.” Maui Now

Drag marks were also discovered near a guardrail off the highway with a steep drop-off cliff. KHON

This is all I can find. Is MM 18 the correct area with the drag marks? The jeans and zip ties were not found near the drag marks I thought.

This is what I came up with the other day...I really looked at all references I could find and double checked. Then the reporting is incorrect because Apo jumps around so much and starts and stops questions, backs up, talks about several things at once etc... Does anyone know for sure?

Location 2: February 13th found late morning
some 5 miles away from location 4 near mile marker 9-10 near Kaumahina State Wayside Park, Police were led to the makai shoulder of the roadway where a blood stained pair of Blue jeans were found by searchers.
Blue jeans found lying on top of bushes when Loo arrived.
(are these the same jeans sent for analysis and same jeans that the hair was found and results not allowed in court??). Same jeans Rivera said had DNA on waistband??
Zip ties found near jeans. (Not processed)

Location 3 Feb 13
drag marks near guard rail MM 18 (not photographed)

I noticed that both Fiona and Phaedra are wearing pendants with Charli's picture on them.

Phone flashlights.
Forgot a phone can be a flashlight. Phaedra and her friends used phone flashlights to see in the pitch black Paraquats area.

Why the Twilight dvd? Of all things.
The things that were found there, why was that Twightlight DVD there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper