GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In interview 2/28 SC says Adam told him the he (Adam) went to doctor with Charli and heard the baby's heartbeat and that he (SC) had just found out in January.

So was it actually Adam and not SC at that the first planned parent appt that the first witness testified or was another trip Adam went to? I'm confused.

Linda Puppolo, the former Planned Parenthood employee pointed out Steven in the courtroom and said it was he that came with Charli. She was off on the difference in height because she thought Steven was shorter than Charli but so what? Charli could've worn high heels or piled her hair up. To me it's negligible.

So you're saying that it was made clear these were two different visits?

So you're saying that it was made clear these were two different visits?

Yes, besides, at Planned Parenthood, she was given a pregnacy test to confirm her condition and made an appointment for an abortion screening. An abortion screening includes an ultrasound to check the embryo's gestation. A second trimester ultrasound would be the earliest time to accurately identify the baby's sex.

The guy accompanying Charli to Planned Parenthood that day was said to be insistent on an abortion. Why would Adam care if Charli had an abortion, he was married at the time.

Listen to the first day of testimony.

Well I have been following all this time...

I am listening to the testimony and to Steven's interviews and guys I have to say, I'm really not feeling convinced he did it. If I were on the jury I think with the evidence so far I'd be really hard pressed to say he did it beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'm really curious to see what other evidence they have besides Capobianco sounding confused and like a player in interviews because right now it's looking slim. The prosecutor is also really bumbling and incoherent. I won't be surprised if he walks.

Do any of you feel like any of the evidence or testimony so far is particularly damning?

Didn't mean to cut off my reply. The PP testimony was day one. :)

I am listening to the testimony and to Steven's interviews and guys I have to say, I'm really not feeling convinced he did it. If I were on the jury I think with the evidence so far I'd be really hard pressed to say he did it beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'm really curious to see what other evidence they have besides Capobianco sounding confused and like a player in interviews because right now it's looking slim. The prosecutor is also really bumbling and incoherent. I won't be surprised if he walks.

Do any of you feel like any of the evidence or testimony so far is particularly damning?
Oh oh Avocado, you just sounded the alarms. Lol.

BTW you can watch all the testimony on Youtube. [video=youtube;Wmpy-snXWy4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmpy-snXWy4[/video]

OK, I'll bite.

The state must prove it's case beyond a reasonable doubt, not beyond a shadow of a doubt. The key word is "reasonable".

SC's manner and the contradictions in his statements as well as his extremely difficult to believe alibi, his admission that he didn't want a child and asked about termination or adoption, his lack of concern for Charli, and being the last person to see Charli alive prove motive and opportunity. The prosecution mentioned in opening statements that two cell phones went down that path and only one came back. (I think the cell phone records will be very important to the case.) That means that SC lied about seeing her "very distinctive" headlights behind him as far as Ulalena. I think it's very damning when the last person to see someone alive is lying to the police about the events of that night.

That's just for openers. I haven't watched all of today's testimony yet. I'm up to the discovery of the jeans with the blood on them.

A lot of dirty laundry aired on Friday. I'm embarrassed by the revelations and feel like this family needs some privacy. I agree with Avocado that Rivera seems bumbling. I guess Jones is the tech savvy one though so as long as evidence is presented Rivera has to stand up there and struggle through his paperwork. Speaking of which, why do they seem so unorganized? Short of two years after SC's indictment, Imwould have hoped for a more polished presentation.

In regards to Avocado's query into evidence and SC's innocence, I'd say that beyond a reasonable doubt, he is guilty. I know I'm not the only one that saw him smirking when they showed Charli's red hair as evidence. Just like he smirks when he talks about naming the baby.

A lot of dirty laundry aired on Friday. I'm embarrassed by the revelations and feel like this family needs some privacy. I agree with Avocado that Rivera seems bumbling. I guess Jones is the tech savvy one though so as long as evidence is presented Rivera has to stand up there and struggle through his paperwork. Speaking of which, why do they seem so unorganized? Short of two years after SC's indictment, Imwould have hoped for a more polished presentation.

In regards to Avocado's query into evidence and SC's innocence, I'd say that beyond a reasonable doubt, he is guilty. I know I'm not the only one that saw him smirking when they showed Charli's red hair as evidence. Just like he smirks when he talks about naming the baby.

Yes, I was surprised by the dirty laundry and it was presented right at the end of part 5 in true soap opera fashion.

However, I think there's some relevance to the bad blood between Charli and SC's grandfather. It means that one of my theories about how he dealt with Nala - that they could have left Nala at the grandfather's house - is probably not a good one. It also means that he could have met her on the street instead of in front of his grandfather's house. So his not-stuck not-truck could have been on his grandfather's property the whole night.

The drag marks are important. I hadn't heard about those discussed before. I have always felt that SC did this alone, in one night. No repeat trips to move stuff around. Seeing where the body parts were all concentrated in one section of vegetation for me, solidifies my theory that he did everything in haste, in the dark. Where the maggots were and the freshly cut branch, so close to the body parts, maybe that's where he removed her jaw and cut off her fingers. He must've held her head up by her hair with heavy gloves on and that's why there are clumps of hair.

I need break from this trial and the coverage.

Yes, I was surprised by the dirty laundry and it was presented right at the end of part 5 in true soap opera fashion.

However, I think there's some relevance to the bad blood between Charli and SC's grandfather. It means that one of my theories about how he dealt with Nala - that they could have left Nala at the grandfather's house - is probably not a good one. It also means that he could have met her on the street instead of in front of his grandfather's house. So his not-stuck not-truck could have been on his grandfather's property the whole night.

Yes yes and yes.

Rivera is definitely timing his release and product quite well in my opinion. First he introduces interview 1 &2 and we can find contradiction in SC's story. Then he levels us with gore and horror and introduces interview 3 and we can substantiate our suspicions as well as our convictions....and SC's.

The cops knew everything right away and just guided SC into convicting himself. Well played Loo! The classic Hawaiian Chinese Detective!

The way SC says "Cassie" and how "In Love" they were it's clear his infatuation was overwhelming for him.

Rivera comes across as calm and assured, minus ego, to me.
I think SC's story will be picked apart for the fabrication that it is.
Interesting to hear your take on the trial so far.
Do you know SC?

I surely get how you feel, Nikki. I can't fathom treating what was just before a person (two persons) as a thing to be processed. I know people do it, but I can't imagine how, or where the evil comes from.
Do you think then that he went to the spot with the big drop and pushed her body or parts of it under the guardrail and down?
does the drop go straight into the ocean? Does anyone have the part of the CC videos where he talks about this. I had a real busy day yesterday and my listening jumped all around in pieces so I can't keep straight what part is where.

what would the tree cut mean? A slip with a cutting tool making an accidental slash or for a purpose?

Your take on all in one night is certainly compelling. Do you have thoughts on why the evidence that could identify her and could tell the story of at least part of the attack was left there?

Yes yes and yes.

Rivera is definitely timing his release and product quite well in my opinion. First he introduces interview 1 &2 and we can find contradiction in SC's story. Then he levels us with gore and horror and introduces interview 3 and we can substantiate our suspicions as well as our convictions....and SC's.

The cops knew everything right away and just guided SC into convicting himself. Well played Loo! The classic Hawaiian Chinese Detective!

They way SC says "Cassie" and how "In Love" they were it's clear his infatuation was overwhelming for him.

I agree with you about Rivera. He seems well studied and adept with the facts and nuances of this case.
The bit about SC and Cassie being SO-in-love jumped out at me, too. And he was so eager and tried so hard to put emotional distance between himself and Charli. He minimized everything about their relationship. That's telling.

I surely get how you feel, Nikki. I can't fathom treating what was just before a person (two persons) as a thing to be processed. I know people do it, but I can't imagine how, or where the evil comes from.
Do you think then that he went to the spot with the big drop and pushed her body or parts of it under the guardrail and down?
does the drop go straight into the ocean? Does anyone have the part of the CC videos where he talks about this. I had a real busy day yesterday and my listening jumped all around in pieces so I can't keep straight what part is where.

what would the tree cut mean? A slip with a cutting tool making an accidental slash or for a purpose?

Your take on all in one night is certainly compelling. Do you have thoughts on why the evidence that could identify her and could tell the story of at least part of the attack was left there?

I think the evil comes from a dream..a hope to manifest his destiny with Cassie. I believe he had the wrong dream. Overwhelmed by his infatuation. This is his destiny. His nightmare has a hold of him and he cant wake up.

Capobianco has history of hurting Charli, according to Capobianco.
Pushed her onto the bed too hard.
Hooked up with her little sister.

Capobianco consistently made it known he doesn't want kids yet got Charli pregnant twice.

Capobianco torched a car at Jaws before.

Capobianco believes in revenge.
2013 slash the tires, steal the jewelry and laptop.
Nov 2014 Taylor with someone else so SC hooks up with Charli.

Capobianco has history of hurting Charli, according to Capobianco.
Pushed her onto the bed too hard.
Hooked up with her little sister.

Capobianco consistently made it known he doesn't want kids yet got Charli pregnant twice.

Capobianco torched a car at Jaws before.

Capobianco believes in revenge.
2013 slash the tires, steal the jewelry and laptop.
Nov 2014 Taylor with someone else so SC hooks up with Charli.

No nonsense

I think SC told that story to #1 make Charli look bad. It's called disparaging the victim.
I wonder if he told it to #2 mislead them about whether she was at grandfather's property that night.
If it happened like he said and there was bad blood, it doesn't mean she wasn't allow there anymore or that grandfather would know she was there that night.

If he cut off identifiable parts that were found now as evidence (hair jawbone peircing fingertips)
and dragged/pushed body off cliff
Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members