GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24885045/significant-developments-in-charli-scott-case

This was the article. Problem when it came out was a police source shouldn't be leaking to the media. This was early March. SC was not being called a suspect at the time only a "person of interest". If the grill and parts were found in his grandfather's house not unit SC lived in his family were not being called suspects either.

It was early March, then. Thanks! The media just never revisited the subject once he became a suspect.

Okay, I shouldn't even mention this as I have NO substantiation beyond my very faulty memory, but........I thought the house where LE found the car parts was "next door" to the house SC burglarized. Perhaps, as RDS theorizes, the "next door" was GP's house. Does anyone else remember mention of "next door"? Or another house on the same property?

At the time I remember being astonished when LE dismissed those with the car parts as having no involvement in the crime, so maybe RDS and Kapua are on to something here.

My theory at this time is Sunday night I picture SC text Charli when she was at her family ohana. Maybe text said he had money for her. And maybe he ask her to bring extra gas if there was any and he'd pay her for it. So Charli asks Brooke about gas but it wasn't easy to get it she doesn't want anyone else to know make a big deal so just leaves to SCs house. He rips the grill off the front her 4runner when she's not looking or knocked out. He drugged her or incapacitated her before they left. He didn't need her to be awake for the drive out there. (I hope.) He let Nala out of the 4runner. I think the reason he said in his police interview that Charli would let the dog out to run behind the vehicle is he was trying to cover his tracks in case anyone saw him let Nala out of the 4runner that night. He was driving the Keanae to butcher and stage a crime scene.

Okay, I shouldn't even mention this as I have NO substantiation beyond my very faulty memory, but........I thought the house where LE found the car parts was "next door" to the house SC burglarized. Perhaps, as RDS theorizes, the "next door" was GP's house. Does anyone else remember mention of "next door"?
At the time I remember being astonished when LE dismissed those with the car parts as having no involvement in the crime.

i don't recall ever hearing it was next door.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24885045/significant-developments-in-charli-scott-case

This was the article. Problem when it came out was a police source shouldn't be leaking to the media. This was early March. SC was not being called a suspect at the time only a "person of interest". If the grill and parts were found in his grandfather's house not unit SC lived in his family were not being called suspects either.
Thanks for those reminders of the language they were using back then. This article, btw, is the same as what I linked a page back in post #257. I believe that People mag was just rewriting the local media article, alohaj.

I have have noticed that there are many articles on this case where national media picked up and reported on developments, but too often there are details that get repeated incorrectly as the articles echo each other, with the original local media usually being the purest version. I do remember what RDS is saying here about Lynn K of HNN breaking some big news that the police had not yet released, particularly that tooth and bone had been found, before the family had been notified. That was really unfortunate.

RDS, is that spec on your part that the Haiku house mentioned is actually the Kalipo Place house, or did you hear that? It never occurred to me, but wow if that is the case.

alohaj, regarding the timeline of Nala's being found getting communicated to the family -- last night I did go back and find the posts I recalled on the Find Charli Scott Facebook page. Kim, posting as FindCharliScott, announced they were getting word on Nala while it was still Tuesday night, with the earliest time stamped reply coming in at around 11:30.

So some kind of contact must have been made by Mr. Young of Nahiku or his friend, or the police officer, at or just prior to that time on the 11th. This allows Fiona and Adam to get out there about two hours later ariund 1:30 am on Wed the 12th, which you were rightly questioning as not possible because of the drive time, with the later time given for the arrival of Nala at the officer's house.

Those old time stamps don't change with time passing the way our memories do, so I was happy to find the posts. It's weird how once a Facebook post is more than a day old, it has a date stamp only, but the replies still have the hour and minute stamp.

I have the links to the posts if you want them, on my computer (posting this from phone).

I always assumed that the house in Haiku that had the stolen parts was also the home he lived in on Kalipo. I think it was the way they worded something like, LE searched the house in an unrelated investigation. It's as if they needed a reason to search the house without exactly pointing their finger at Steven.

My theory at this time is Sunday night I picture SC text Charli when she was at her family ohana. Maybe text said he had money for her. And maybe he ask her to bring extra gas if there was any and he'd pay her for it. So Charli asks Brooke about gas but it wasn't easy to get it she doesn't want anyone else to know make a big deal so just leaves to SCs house. He rips the grill off the front her 4runner when she's not looking or knocked out. He drugged her or incapacitated her before they left. He didn't need her to be awake for the drive out there. (I hope.) He let Nala out of the 4runner. I think the reason he said in his police interview that Charli would let the dog out to run behind the vehicle is he was trying to cover his tracks in case anyone saw him let Nala out of the 4runner that night. He was driving the Keanae to butcher and stage a crime scene.

That's a very reasonable theory. It totally fits with the evidence.

Charli had to drive past Hanzawa's on Kaupakalua to get to SC's house or to Makawao. She could have noticed someone getting gas there slightly after 8 and turned in. Or SC could easily have provided gas. In that last interview I posted above, SC talks about them "riding around in her car". She didn't like his vehicle because she had to "climb into it".

I used to think that he drugged her. Now we have zip ties found near bloody jeans and marks on his hands. Another possibility is that he knocked her cold and put those zip ties to use on her hands, feet, and mouth.

alohaj, regarding the timeline of Nala's being found getting communicated to the family -- last night I did go back and find the posts I recalled on the Find Charli Scott Facebook page. Kim, posting as FindCharliScott, announced they were getting word on Nala while it was still Tuesday night, with the earliest time stamped reply coming in at around 11:30.

So some kind of contact must have been made by Mr. Young of Nahiku or his friend, or the police officer, at or just prior to that time on the 11th. This allows Fiona and Adam to get out there about two hours later ariund 1:30 am on Wed the 12th, which you were rightly questioning as not possible because of the drive time, with the later time given for the arrival of Nala at the officer's house.

Those old time stamps don't change with time passing the way our memories do, so I was happy to find the posts. It's weird how once a Facebook post is more than a day old, it has a date stamp only, but the replies still have the hour and minute stamp.

I have the links to the posts if you want them, on my computer (posting this from phone).

It was Mr. Young's friend/neighbor who posted the found dog on FB. Maybe the friend contacted the family or the family saw the post prior to the time that the friend went to Mr. Young's house on Tue/Wed.

Regarding Nala: I also think she was let out of the car because of Steven's two admissions regarding the dog. First of all he admits to Loo in the taped interview that the dog was often allowed to run after the car as a game. As you said Pua, because she may have been seen by a car.

And then in Mileka's phone interview when asked if it made sense that Nala was found in Nahiku, he replied, "no." It very likely that she was picked up and driven to safety. I was wrong about Steven caring about the dog - Nala ripped upholstery when left in the car too long.

Ignoring Steven's alibi of being home by 11pm and instead using Taylor's Hanzawa meet & greet at 12:30am, I just don't see him having enough time to make the circuit.

Loio once pointed out that Steven referred to us as idiots on the internet and that we were running away with all these crazy theories. Ok, so let's cancel out the illogical and state the possible.

Okay, I shouldn't even mention this as I have NO substantiation beyond my very faulty memory, but........I thought the house where LE found the car parts was "next door" to the house SC burglarized. Perhaps, as RDS theorizes, the "next door" was GP's house. Does anyone else remember mention of "next door"? Or another house on the same property?

At the time I remember being astonished when LE dismissed those with the car parts as having no involvement in the crime, so maybe RDS and Kapua are on to something here.

Paging Peter Tosh.

I remember someone (PT?, someone else?) posting that there is a used auto parts store in the area. I remember the post said "no questions asked until the police come knocking." (Too many posts and I have not had great luck with the Advanced Search.) Anyone else remember that?

Anyone else pick up what Mileka Lincoln testified to on Friday about Charli's family could tell Charli had been home that night but that she hadn't been to work the next morning?

That is very valuable information if true. Had Charli returned to her apt that Sunday night? Omg if she did.

Paging Peter Tosh.

I remember someone (PT?, someone else?) posting that there is a used auto parts store in the area. I remember the post said "no questions asked until the police come knocking." (Too many posts and I have not had great luck with the Advanced Search.) Anyone else remember that?

Loio said it. Yeah, it's true. Place is called Herman's.

Anyone else pick up what Mileka Lincoln testified to on Friday about Charli's family could tell Charli had been home that night but that she hadn't been to work the next morning?

That is very valuable information if true. Had Charli returned to her apt that Sunday night? Omg if she did.

Yes, I picked up on that, but I just assumed that she was mistaken. Or maybe Kim was referring to the fact that Charli had gone home and changed after the event at the Hui No'eau and before she went to Brooke and Ryan's and Mileka misunderstood her to mean that she'd gone home after she'd been to Brooke and Ryan's.

Easiest stuff to believe in this case is that anything could happen to car parts quickly on Maui

That's a very reasonable theory. It totally fits with the evidence.

Charli had to drive past Hanzawa's on Kaupakalua to get to SC's house or to Makawao. She could have noticed someone getting gas there slightly after 8 and turned in. Or SC could easily have provided gas. In that last interview I posted above, SC talks about them "riding around in her car". She didn't like his vehicle because she had to "climb into it".

I used to think that he drugged her. Now we have zip ties found near bloody jeans and marks on his hands. Another possibility is that he knocked her cold and put those zip ties to use on her hands, feet, and mouth.

She would not have driven past Hanzawa's on her way to Makawao. We dont know how much gas Charli had. The cut on his hand...dogbite

I always assumed that the house in Haiku that had the stolen parts was also the home he lived in on Kalipo. I think it was the way they worded something like, LE searched the house in an unrelated investigation. It's as if they needed a reason to search the house without exactly pointing their finger at Steven.

i remember reading that whomever had the car parts turned themselves in

Found it. For reference:

By Loio 05-01-2015 08:04 PM Thread 3 page 8:

"There's a scrap yard a hop, skip and jump away from SC's place in Haiku. No questions asked kinda place until the police come knocking."

https://youtu.be/Y37zXJWggU0?t=14m9s

at 14:09 SC lies in his interview when asked if he has ever been to Paraquat Bay. He says he has only been there one time on February 1st with his little cousin. Then the police ask him further questions because they already know he was down there the day he showed Brooke and Phaedra where his truck supposedly got stuck Feb. 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper