GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SC says step grandfather will confirm an 11pm sighting at home.
3 1/2 hours later at 2:30am he skypes CK.
What was he doing in between 11pm and 2:30 am?
He was at work at let's say 7am Monday morning. The skype had to be relatively short I'm assuming, because she said she was half asleep and didn't remember what he said.
What was he doing for the 4 1/2 hours in between?

It was said that SC didn't like Nala or is that opinion/speculation?

It was in one of his police interviews. Nala was a fairly new dog for Charli. SC was more bonded to her other dog, Zoe.

I also choose to believe the witnesses. I do not think that we should get into speculating they are liars. Despite putting themselves in not so favorable light, they are there, testifying, and came forth with what they could for a murder case. Why would they lie at this point?? They have nothing to gain.

He said he didn't like Nala?

Not in those words, but I got the impression that he was close to her other dog, Zoe, but not Nala. I don't have time to re-listen to the interview right now. I think it was the first one.

It was said that SC didn't like Nala or is that opinion/speculation?
It's not spec or opinion, but I can't remember where I read it, except almost certainly on Facebook. But, It was not that he didn't like Nala. He was critical of the way Charli was or wasn't training Nala. He thought Nala was learning some poor behaviors, but he blamed the owner, not the dog.

I definitely did not make this up; it's not something I would ever think of without a source. There were some specific behaviors listed, but I can't remember them now.

SC says step grandfather will confirm an 11pm sighting at home.
3 1/2 hours later at 2:30am he skypes CK.
What was he doing in between 11pm and 2:30 am?
He was at work at let's say 7am Monday morning. The skype had to be relatively short I'm assuming, because she said she was half asleep and didn't remember what he said.
What was he doing for the 4 1/2 hours in between?
Met with Taylor and friend at Hanzawa's sometime between 12 and 2 AM, but not for very long. He probably skyped Cass fairly soon after he got back after selling the X. It takes an hour to get back from Paraquat's and an hour to get there.

I don't assume his grandfather will confirm that time.
There is no way Steven got home at 11, with her phone pinging at 11, unless he left her in someone else's hands to do the dismembering, which is in my mind, somewhat possible. But I don't see him leaving her phone out there unless she had managed to toss it somewhere and he could not find it.

Not in those words, but I got the impression that he was close to her other dog, Zoe, but not Nala. I don't have time to re-listen to the interview right now. I think it was the first one.
Cool, that must be where I heard it too. Thanks, Kapua!

Soooooo, the phone ping is where Charlie's phone was at 10:56pm not where SC was. He could have been long gone.

Met with Taylor and friend at Hanzawa's sometime between 12 and 2 AM, but not for very long. He probably skyped Cass fairly soon after he got back after selling the X. It takes an hour to get back from Paraquat's and an hour to get there.

I don't assume his grandfather will confirm that time.
There is no way Steven got home at 11, with her phone pinging at 11, unless he left her in someone else's hands to do the dismembering, which is in my mind, somewhat possible. But I don't see him leaving her phone out there unless she had managed to toss it somewhere and he could not find it.

Who knows what the defense has up their sleeves. Maybe 5 or 6 people saying he was with them at the time. Carlos saying "Yeah I am pretty sure I saw him around 11...What a mess. The question in my mind is who will be willing to go out on a limb, perjure themselves and make Maui society see them as a liar.

Who knows what the defense has up their sleeves. Maybe 5 or 6 people saying he was with them at the time. Carlos saying "Yeah I am pretty sure I saw him around 11...What a mess. The question in my mind is who will be willing to go out on a limb, perjure themselves and make Maui society see them as a liar.

I don't think anyone. Normal people want nothing to do with this mess not create more of a mess for themselves.

Two phones went out, one came back.
Absolutely does not mean that Charlie ever went out. It could have been a staged crime scene with identifiable parts. Her hair, her fingertips, body piercing, the DVD and her blanket. Mysteriously all identifying her.
He last saw her somewhere in that area and someone else did it according to him. (me speculating that)
He could have absolutely known her phone would ping then threw it in the river. Leading them right there. On purpose.
The big lie could be she never went out with him at all. That's something that would have been proven helpful as Apo says in opening statement.

Look forward to hearing your court observations, alohaj, and appreciate all your sharp posts.

I tried to find something on the Forerunner, and found this article that says the grille was found at a house in Haiku, along with possibly other parts of the 4Runner, not stated what.
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24885045/significant-developments-in-charli-scott-case

I never understood, and the police never explained, how people could innocently have the parts. If their story was that Steven had given them the parts, I think the police would have arrested him much sooner, with that sort of direct link testimony. So what was it, the car parts fairy dropped the parts on the doorstep?

Yeah, that's it--the car fairy :ohwow: Exactly!
No, really...that whole matter's bugged me too, all along -- it seems huge! So much to be gleaned from routine police work, yet nothing in the investigation has been as marginalized, and never pointed to again...! ...Huh?
Fingerprints? Location? Contacts? Exchange of cash? Person of even mild curiosity, if not interest? Timing? ...?
I hope, I trust that LE has just kept it close til the right time in the trial.
Who, when, where when, why...begging to be answered...

(Quote from link, unfortunately, undated, guessing the following second week sometime?)
"Police sources also revealed, the grill from Charli's SUV had been found. It was a recognizable part of the vehicle because of the skull ornament on it. When the missing 27-year old's SUV was found, it had been stripped, turned over, and burned. But the grill was not in the surf area known as 'Jaws'.

The grill and possibly other part of the SUV were found late last week in a home in Haiku but we're told the people in the home are not 'suspects' in this case."

Thanks Pua :)

Yeah, that's it--the car fairy :ohwow: Exactly!
No, really...that whole matter's bugged me too, all along -- it seems huge! So much to be gleaned from routine police work, yet nothing in the investigation has been as marginalized, and never pointed to again...! ...Huh?
Fingerprints? Location? Contacts? Exchange of cash? Person of even mild curiosity, if not interest? Timing? ...?
I hope, I trust that LE has just kept it close til the right time in the trial.
Who, when, where when, why...begging to be answered...
I'm with you, Napili. I hope to hear something good from them at some point.

Re: Steven not liking Nala much, as I recall some comment he made in one of the interviews, I think it was something to the effect of "Nala is not very smart".

As for the car parts, below is part of an article from people.com

"Her car was later found burned out and stripped, but police found parts of the car, including the grill, in a home in Haiku. The people in the home are not suspects in this case."

I can't find the date of the article, but it was not that long after the torched car was found I think

I know what I felt at the time was, did these people find the vehicle, take the valuable parts off it, and then go torch it? And I remember thinking that if someone found her vehicle, removed it from wherever they found it, took the valuable parts and torched it, wouldn't they have been obstructing justice by not coming forward and telling where they found the car? I thought the whole thing was quite odd, but then when Stephen was charged with arson, I figured they had some proof linking him to burning the vehicle. Could these people have bought the parts somewhere not knowing they were stolen? Since they were not charged?

Two phones went out, one came back.
Absolutely does not mean that Charlie ever went out. It could have been a staged crime scene with identifiable parts. Her hair, her fingertips, body piercing, the DVD and her blanket. Mysteriously all identifying her.
He last saw her somewhere in that area and someone else did it according to him. (me speculating that)
He could have absolutely known her phone would ping then threw it in the river. Leading them right there. On purpose.
The big lie could be she never went out with him at all. That's something that would have been proven helpful as Apo says in opening statement.

Here's the thing, though. That's an odd place to stage a crime scene... in the jungle accessed by a dirt road that is difficult to drive down. Molly's truck only made it halfway or so. If I wanted to stage a crime scene, I would choose a place much closer to the road where someone would be *sure* to find it. Jaws, Honomanu, Ho'okipa... (Not that SC hasn't done a few odd things, like showering just before a bloody murder.) And why would you want to stage a crime scene at all? The perpetrator is generally better off if he/she can make it look like the victim took a walkabout, as the Australians say, and the victim remains missing, a la Mo Monsalve.

But a lot of different scenarios are possible, even now after weeks of testimony. I still say, the prosecution is setting the stage and they haven't even come close to putting all their cards on the table. What they have done is pretty solidly blown SC's alibi to smithereens and proven him to be a :liar: He's lied to almost every witness the prosecution has put on the stand.

I am SO looking forward to hearing from the experts. I have a feeling they will be the last to testify...

Re: Steven not liking Nala much, as I recall some comment he made in one of the interviews, I think it was something to the effect of "Nala is not very smart".

As for the car parts, below is part of an article from people.com

"Her car was later found burned out and stripped, but police found parts of the car, including the grill, in a home in Haiku. The people in the home are not suspects in this case."

I can't find the date of the article, but it was not that long after the torched car was found I think

I know what I felt at the time was, did these people find the vehicle, take the valuable parts off it, and then go torch it? And I remember thinking that if someone found her vehicle, removed it from wherever they found it, took the valuable parts and torched it, wouldn't they have been obstructing justice by not coming forward and telling where they found the car? I thought the whole thing was quite odd, but then when Stephen was charged with arson, I figured they had some proof linking him to burning the vehicle. Could these people have bought the parts somewhere not knowing they were stolen? Since they were not charged?

Maybe they were not charged because they agreed to testify for the prosecution in exchange for immunity.

[video=youtube;Y37zXJWggU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y37zXJWggU0&index=19&list=PLR2JAGZzf3U2CiHThmPc3gSNzvRX1LLZL[/video]

In the very first part of this video, SC talks about Nala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eridachtlin