GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Gaines testifying to day. Maui News. Google ... headline, "Defendant urged searchers to bypass beach"

Tuesday February 11th. When they reached the dirt road leading to Nuaailua Bay, or "Paraquats" beach, and Gaines suggested also searching there, Capobianco "said that wasn't necessary, that he had already searched it," Gaines said.

from MauiNews article...Gaines said he would see Capobianco every day while living there. "He was one of my best friends," Gaines said. "I considered him family."

Again, I wonder if SC shows any emotion that someone that considered him family is up on the stand discussing this murder with him as the defendant. I would be in tears that my friends think I'm a murderer. That I'm putting them through this. Any emotion from him at all? Anything??
and good Lord it looks like he still has that dang shirt on.

from MauiNews article...Gaines said he would see Capobianco every day while living there. "He was one of my best friends," Gaines said. "I considered him family."

Again, I wonder if SC shows any emotion that someone that considered him family is up on the stand discussing this murder with him as the defendant. I would be in tears that my friends think I'm a murderer. That I'm putting them through this. Any emotion from him at all? Anything??
and good Lord it looks like he still has that dang shirt on.

Perhaps as a survival technique the psychopath convinced himself it was all a dream and he didn't kill her. And now after sitting through all of this even he is being convinced he did. Slowly waking up from a powerful long sleep to a horror of reality.

HGO - I combined your timeline and mine, sticking only to testimony. Now I want to compile highlights of testimony that do not necessarily fit into the timeline but are critical to the case. Not sure if/when I will have the time, though. Now to check out the new Maui News article!

Timeline of events according to testimony
Sunday 2/9/14
Sunday 2/9 Charli attends work function, gives a haircut and attends get together at Brooke and Ryan’s house. (Fiona Wais, Phaedra Wais, Kurt Kaiser)
8:15 PM SC leaves his house (Cassandra Kupstas)
Sunday 2/9 (Unspecified time of day) SC tells Taylor Farner that he has “something to take care of.” (TF)
TF tries to contact SC with over 90 texts with no response.
10:56 PM Last ping from Charli's phone at Nua'ailua (PW)

Monday 2/10/14

Early morning SC texts TF.
12:00 AM - 2:00 AM Meets Taylor Farner at Hanzawa's in Haiku (TF)
2:30 AM - Skypes Cass, shows injuries on hand (CK)
3:00 - 4:00 PM, SC showed up at the Makawao house where Drew Kaiser and his parents lived to return Kurt Kaiser's backpack. DK retrieves his cell phone from SC's 4Runner. DK invited SC to go to his sister's house but SC was "in a hurry". (Drew Kaiser)
7:00 - 7:30 AM Dog Nala is found clean and uninjured at Nahiku Marketplace (Albert Young)
All day – Kimberlyn tries to contact Charli – more than 20 times (KS)
8:00 PM Kim texts all of her daughters (KS)
Evening KS and PW go to Charli’s home. (KS, PW)
KS calls police, they arrive @ her house 10:00 PM (KS)

Tuesday 2/11
3:00 – 3:30 PM Brooke meets SC, he shows her where his truck allegedly broke down. They meet Phaedra and Kim on the road, Phaedra jumps in Brooke’s car. (PW, BS, KS) On the way back to Haiku, Brooke and Phaedra spot SC coming up the dirt road to Nua’ailua (“Paraquats”) in his 4Runner. (PW, BS) SC says he already “checked it out down there” (PW) and then offers to take them down the dirt road; they decline because they are concerned about their safety. (BS)
Tuesday 2/11 Police show up at SC home to question if he's seen Charli. (SC in police interview, Loo)
Brooke Scott visits Steven at Mana foods @ 8:30am to ask questions. (BS) SC agrees to meet her at Kimberlyn's house at 3:30 PM and they drive in separate vehicles to the place on Hana Hwy. where SC told them that his 4Runner “got stuck”.
KS allows SC to take Charli’s dog Zoey.

Wednesday 2/12
2/12 1:30 AM Phaedra and Adam pick up Zoey from Albert Young.
Evening ~ 6:00 PM Charli’s stripped and burned 4Runner is found at Peahi “Jaws” (Loo)

Thursday 2/13
Late morning: Blood stained jeans and zip ties found near mile marker 9-10 near Kaumahina State Wayside Park. Zip ties are not processed. (Loo)
Drag marks found, makai (ocean) side of the road at appox MM18 (Loo)
Late evening/nightfall, Nua’ailua Bay (“Paraquats”): Phaedra, Max, and Molly find Twilight DVD, Charli’s blue polka dot top and black skirt w/holes, and green blanket. The green blanket is covered in maggots. The also found dark colored pants and a gray hooded zip-up jacket that were not Charli’s, and two empty rolls of masking tape.) This is the same dirt road that Brooke and Phaedra observed SC driving up on Tuesday, 2/11, and that SC told BS and PW that he had “already checked it out down there”.
They bring the items of evidence collected to Kim’s house in Haiku and the police pick them up from there. (PW, Molly Wirth, Max Jones)

Friday 2/14
Search is focused on the Nua’ailua Bay area where Charli’s clothing was found. Police find a pool of maggots, clumps of red hair, Scott's jawbone split in two, 6 feet apart, fingertips and nails of her right hand, pieces of skin, clumps of Charli’s red hair, a bra and a body piercing with flesh still attached. (Loo)

Saturday 2/15
Search continues at Nua’ailua Bay near MM 15. All items recovered during the 2/14 and 2/15 searches were turned over to the Maui Forensic Facility. (Loo)

Tuesday February 11th. When they reached the dirt road leading to Nuaailua Bay, or "Paraquats" beach, and Gaines suggested also searching there, Capobianco "said that wasn't necessary, that he had already searched it," Gaines said.

I will add this to our timeline!

Of Trucks and Men - pretty sure Taylor was correct in her testimony regarding him showing up in his Ford to Hanzawas.
(Snipped)
Don't forget the defense fought to have the testimony from the cellphone carriers thrown out.

Where is the Ford in this? Did Taylor mean to say "new white Ford", instead of "new white 4Runner"?
---------
(According to the Maui news article on Taylor's testimony) --
=In Oct. '13, Taylor went w/ SC out Hana Rd. in his *"every day" truck* [1]( the one she says broke down there overnight)
=On Feb 2, Super Bowl Sunday, SC drove the *"new white 4Runner"* [2]
=Late Sunday/early M, Feb 9/10, meeting Taylor & a friend at Hanzawa's, SC "arrived in his *white truck,* the *same truck* that got stuck on the Hāna Highway in October of 2013"* [1]...
="Farner said she also recalled asking the defendant about his *4Runner* [2] and said he told her that it was broken down at his house"...
--------
Those pings...the noose tightens.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...t-urged-searchers-to-bypass-beach.html?nav=10

During the drive along Hana Highway, Gaines said he was looking for any spots where Scott's vehicle might have gone off the road.
When he pointed out a couple of areas of interest to return to search in daylight, Capobianco said "that it would be a good idea," Gaines recalled.
When they reached the dirt road leading to Nuaailua Bay, or "Paraquats" beach, and Gaines suggested also searching there, Capobianco "said that wasn't necessary, that he had already searched it," Gaines said.
The location was where searchers later found Scott's clothing and blanket, as well as pieces of her jawbone and clumps of her red hair, according to the prosecution.

Wow... Three of SC's very good friends have turned in some weighty testimony against him. SC is going down in flames. He might as well confess now.

And the saga continues...
Kula house, Haiku house, Kalipo house, Makawao house, Makawao Kaiser home, stolen parts residence. Nahiku, Nuuailua, Keanae, Paraquats, Jaws, Paragons, Stopwatch, Hanzawas, Mana.

I can't keep track of Steven's life. Everyone just stay put for the remainder of the ride.

Maybe we could different color fonts for the trucks and for the twins

Kapua, add to the timeline that SC went to work on Monday, February 10, 2014.

More from today's Maui News article:

The next day, he said, he drove around Makawao, Haiku and Kula looking for Scott's vehicle. Gaines said he also posted photos of the 4Runner on Facebook. "There were several responses, but only one that had any promise," Gaines said.
He didn't testify about what the response was, but said it led him to drive to Keanae after picking up Capobianco at the Scott family residence in Haiku.
On the drive, Gaines said he asked Capobianco about events that led up to Scott's disappearance.
First Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Robert Rivera asked about Capobianco's tone of voice as he talked about the last time he saw Scott.
"I would say kind of nonchalant," Gaines replied.
"At any time did the defendant express any concern for Charli Scott?" Rivera asked.
"Mildly," Gaines replied.
"It didn't seem genuine," Gaines said. "He expressed the desire to find her, but there wasn't an urgency in his voice or tone."
"Did he express any concern for the unborn child that Charli Scott was carrying?" Rivera asked.
"No," Gaines replied.

Maybe her vehicle WAS seen on Hana Hwy. that night.

605988_1.jpg He looked rather assured in this photo. Less and less nowadays. And duck lips...oh my!

Surely ApoPlectic strenuously objected when Adam said (paraphrasing) he and his wife became friends with SC because they needed someone to buy pot from. Oh, how I miss the live streaming! So much is gleaned from observation of body language and tone of voice.

Of Trucks and Men - pretty sure Taylor was correct in her testimony regarding him showing up in his Ford to Hanzawas.

Btw, we just had an adventure here, power knocked out at Mama's, all of Haiku went black. Detour up through Makawao sent me past Hanzawas close to midnight. Talk about sketchy. It was not a place I'd want to meet anyone after closing, that's for sure.

Don't forget the defense fought to have the testimony from the cellphone carriers thrown out.

Of course! Because even if you could somehow convince 12 people of average or better intelligence that everyone had been turned against SC by the Scott family, the cell phone records do not lie. They will trace SC's sorry 'okole all over Maui.

'Bout time, Maui Now! But thanks!

http://mauinow.com/2016/08/11/kaiser-brothers-testify-in-capobianco-murder-trial/

“When I asked him what had happened, his statement was extremely short. And that’s basically all he said: ‘I just want my friend back.’ He wasn’t upset,” said [Drew]Kaiser of Capobianco.

Defense attorney Jon Apo asked Kaiser, “Would you agree that Steven didn’t show much emotion in general?” to which Kaiser responded, “Yes.” Apo continued, “Would you agree you did see some rare emotion that he just wants his friend back?” to which Kaiser said, “I don’t think so
.”

Kurt Kaiser testified that he had gone out with Capobianco on a Friday night and forgot his backpack in Capobianco’s vehicle. “I pretty much knew the next day that it was forgotten in there.”

He testified that he tried to see if he could get his backpack from Capobianco two days later, on a Sunday in February before Scott went missing. He recalled Capobianco saying that he was at work and his vehicle was in the parking lot unlocked and that he could go get it; but Kurt Kaiser was already headed to his mom’s house in Makawao to meet Scott for a haircut and did not retrieve his backpack that day.

His brother Drew Kaiser testified that the date was Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, when he saw Scott at his parent’s house in Makawao where she was cutting his Kurt’s hair.

During testimony from Drew Kaiser, it was stated that Capobianco had “two vehicles,” including the 4Runner and a truck that was being worked on in Kula, which Kaiser said, “was sitting in his (Capobianco’s) driveway.”

An ex-girlfriend testified last week that she saw Capobianco in the early morning hours of Monday, Feb. 10, in his white truck (not the newer 4Runner), which would indicate that his older vehicle (the truck) would have been in working order, and therefore plausible that it could have been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech