GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We now have an eyewitness in Hana, a 'nose' witness near Peahi giving us a timeline for the arson, and an involuntary accessory who removed the gas tank and the tow package prior to the searchers discovering Charli's 4Runner. This is HUGE! And the phone records will back up the witnesses testimony. This should be a pretty solid case.

Im not sure how much testimony of Fanelli you can believe

What's not to believe?
He testified he got a call from a mechanic and went to the torched car and took parts he deemed of value.
He didn't have to speak up at all.

The testimony of Jennifer Taylor is great and surely divine intervention, however a 9:30p to 11:30p timeline is not doing it for me. Certainly that can be narrowed down more?

The testimony of Jennifer Taylor is great and surely divine intervention, however a 9:30p to 11:30p timeline is not doing it for me. Certainly that can be narrowed down more?

I used Google Maps to figure this out.

51 min. from Haiku to Nua'ailua Bay (Paraquats) without traffic.
47 minutes from Nua'ailua Bay to Hana without traffic.
Charli's phone last pinged at 10:56 so 11:43 would be the earliest time that he could have made it to Hana according to Google Maps. But like PT said, if you know the road, you can beat Google Maps. Also, I didn't have specific addresses, so it may be off by 5-10 min.

I know locals who FLY down the Hana Highway. My ex was born and raised on Maui, and he could get to Hana from Makawao in well under 2 hours if traffic was light. It used to scare the crap out of me if I was in the car with him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Leaving Kalipo Place at 8:15pm to Hana Bay is approx 1:45 minutes. Arrives in Hana 10:00pm
From Hana Bay back to Nua'ailua Bay approx 55 minutes. Arrives at Nua'ailua 10:55pm (how very close to the 10:56pm ping)

1 hour and 45 minute window from 10:55pm to 12:45am when smoke smell is present at Jaws area.

approx 2am Hanzawa's meet up
2:30am skype at Kalipo Place.

Plenty of time. But... Jennifer Taylor only sees SC in Hana in what seems to be Charli's car. And was it 9:30 or 11pm?
Have to stop. Brain in overdrive and wild theories that don't make sense.

If he's in Hana at about 11:45, he's not getting back to Peahi at 12:30, just not happening. So something needs adjusting, perhaps his presence when the phone pinged, unless that was on his way back from Hana, which would be reasonable for arrival at Peahi. It's still not giving him much time at any point where he is not driving.

I don't think they're leaving Haiku until more like 8:30, but I'm not clear on where we get the 8:15. Is it from CK? What is the testimony on when Charli said goodbye to sisters, if you know .. I can't recall it.

"He showered. I asked him why he was showering to work on the truck," she said. "He left around 8:15 p.m." Cassandra Kuptas

I'm very interested in what the phone company will have to say. Charli's phone last pinged at 10.56. What if SC wrapped Charli's body along with her phone in the blanket and left it at Nua'ailua to deal with at a later time? He obviously wasn't aware she had the Life360 app (thank god!). The phone is still on, and it pings at 10.56 but he's not there. If the phone was low on charge and died soon after, that might explain why no further pings?

The more testimony we hear, the more wrenches get thrown in the works. I've had to discard theory after theory.

http://mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/623212/Capobianco-seen-driving-4Runner-in-Hana.html?nav=10

"Taylor's testimony followed that of Wailuku resident Christopher Fanelli, who said he took the tow package and removed the gas tank to reach the fuel pump of a burned Toyota 4Runner at the "Jaws" surf spot area of Peahi in February 2014. He also took the melted tire rims of the 4Runner, which he said was the same one shown in a photograph taken of Scott's vehicle at "Jaws."Fanelli said his friend removed copper wiring from the vehicle.
He went to the spot, "looking for anything of value" to sell after getting a call from a mechanic who lives in the Peahi area, Fanelli said.
He said said there were no doors when he saw the 4Runner.
Detective Barry Aoki testified he recovered the four burned doors as evidence when he met then-Lt. Richard "Danny" Dods at Holomua Road about a half-mile above Hana Highway in the Kuau/Hookipa area the night of Feb. 22, 2014."

Holomua near Ho'okipa is like 9 miles from Kalipo Place and 7 to Jaws.

Why someone would want 4 burned doors?

I like the theory before about removing the gas tank to make sure it won't explode when set on fire. Sounds like Capobianco didn't remove it so maybe there was just no gas in it when set on fire. Use how much gas in a 4runner to go from Makawao to Hana to Jaws?

If he's in Hana at about 11:45, he's not getting back to Peahi at 12:30, just not happening. So something needs adjusting, perhaps his presence when the phone pinged, unless that was on his way back from Hana, which would be reasonable for arrival at Peahi. It's still not giving him much time at any point where he is not driving.

Recalculating.... LOL

According to Google Maps, it takes 1 hr, 37 minutes without traffic to get to Jaws from Hana. So maybe he went to Hana first, then Nua'ailua (Paraquats), then Jaws, and Charli was tied up in the back of her vehicle, lying down, or rolled up in the blanket. (I noticed a while back that her back windows appear to have been tinted in one of the pics.) It takes 98 minutes to get from Haiku to Hana, again, according to Google Maps, which would put him in Hana between 10:00 and 10:30, in line with Jennifer Taylor's time frame.

Ice is what Im thinking. Cocaine is not so much the violent drug Ice is. (Scarface might beg to differ). Ive dealt with both and the Ice Heads are violent. They wanna fight. When I say quick work I mean he didnt dilly dally. Probably was not a lot of conversation and a decision made. He had his mind made up.

Was SC a habitual user of ICE? Isn't it meth? I know little about it, but when I was at University moons ago I would on occasion take Blackies, I think it was called then, to "study" for exams. It was pharmaceutical meth (I think) and I didn't suffer any violent effects from it....at all. I think you need to use it a lot to get to the violent or psychotic stage.

I'm very interested in what the phone company will have to say. Charli's phone last pinged at 10.56. What if SC wrapped Charli's body along with her phone in the blanket and left it at Nua'ailua to deal with at a later time? He obviously wasn't aware she had the Life360 app (thank god!). The phone is still on, and it pings at 10.56 but he's not there. If the phone was low on charge and died soon after, that might explain why no further pings?

The more testimony we hear, the more wrenches get thrown in the works. I've had to discard theory after theory.

I, too, have had to discard a theory or ten.

All I can say now is that he had to have been driving fast and working quickly that Sunday night.

Was SC a habitual user of ICE? Isn't it meth? I know little about it, but when I was at University moons ago I would on occasion take Blackies, I think it was called then, to "study" for exams. It was pharmaceutical meth (I think) and I didn't suffer any violent effects from it....at all. I think you need to use it a lot to get to the violent or psychotic stage.
Yes, ice is smokable crystal meth, sort of the way crack is smokable coke. For some reason, the smokable forms are insanely addictive.

Ice makes users crazy and violent. However, it's about a $500 a day habit, per a talk given our community by our prosecutor. Steven didn't have the money for it. He'd need to quit his day job at Mana and steal and deal full time. He seems to me like a cannabis lover and dealing molly or whatever it's currently called.

Socially, people who stick to the latter don't associate with or consider themselves druggies in the same league as "hard" drug users, even though there is overlap.

me too, two, three ...
i think this one is on the table for now. So is the idea that he had her subdued or dead going with him to Hana lying down so that she didn't appear to be in the car to other drivers or the witness. Or ... He had an accomplice at Honomanu, so that the phone ping happened when SC was elsewhere.

Recalculating.... LOL

According to Google Maps, it takes 1 hr, 37 minutes without traffic to get to Jaws from Hana. So maybe he went to Hana first, then Nua'ailua (Paraquats), then Jaws, and Charli was tied up in the back of her vehicle, lying down, or rolled up in the blanket. (I noticed a while back that her back windows appear to have been tinted in one of the pics.) It takes 98 minutes to get from Haiku to Hana, again, according to Google Maps, which would put him in Hana between 10:00 and 10:30, in line with Jennifer Taylor's time frame.
excellent thinking. Thanks for those times. My experience is more that Google is not realistic the other way. You get behind a slower car on a road with one lane bridges and lose time.

maybe he was crazy enough to drive with a captive speeding, but he should have been careful. IMHO. He was in no position to deal with a traffic stop.

I just got hit with a ton of work, so I probably will admire the timelines of others for a bit. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01