GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
71ZDfRXIhtL._SX522_.jpg
He also told his girlfriend he was working on a friend's truck that Sunday night. He planned to hurt Charli. Whatever he used to cut her fingers off with was not a light tool. Can you cut up a whole chicken with a 6 in serrated blade? I guess you could.

Who helped him remove the doors and the fuel tank?

Who gave him a ride home from Jaws? He couldn't have walked if he saw Taylor at 12:30 am.

I have a difficult time getting past the information from Brooke that Charli was afraid to be alone with SC. If not for that, I lean towards he didn't intend to kill her that night. SC telling Taylor he had something to do that night could mean many things such as a "business dealing", perhaps with Charli's involvement, not necessarily that he had plans to murder her.
If he did "plan" to kill Charli you'd think he'd have more than one back-up story to whip out rather than winging it to the world via M. Lincoln.
Does anyone who knew her think she'd feel safe meeting him at her house?

Charli wasn't alone. She had her dog, Nala with her, a pitbull. Pitbulls are said to be very loyal to their owners. Perhaps Nala made her feel safe.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...anco-seen-driving-4Runner-in-Hana.html?nav=10

A former co-worker said she was "shocked" to see murder suspect Steven Capobianco driving a Toyota 4Runner in Hana on the night he told police he last saw his pregnant ex-girlfriend.

"As the car comes, you see the front of the car," Taylor said. "That's when I recognized Steven. So I put my hand out to shout out.

But Taylor said she didn't call out to Capobianco.

When Deputy Prosecutor Tracy Jones asked why, Taylor said, "I saw the look on his face."
Asked to describe the look, Taylor said, "Just looked different . . . It's a very tough one to describe . . . "

This is why he made up that lame alibi.

Taylor's testimony followed that of Wailuku resident Christopher Fanelli, who said he took the tow package and removed the gas tank to reach the fuel pump of a burned Toyota 4Runner at the "Jaws" surf spot area of Peahi in February 2014. He also took the melted tire rims of the 4Runner, which he said was the same one shown in a photograph taken of Scott's vehicle at "Jaws."

Fanelli said his friend removed copper wiring from the vehicle.

He went to the spot, "looking for anything of value" to sell after getting a call from a mechanic who lives in the Peahi area, Fanelli said.

He said said there were no doors when he saw the 4Runner.

Detective Barry Aoki testified he recovered the four burned doors as evidence when he met then-Lt. Richard "Danny" Dods at Holomua Road about a half-mile above Hana Highway in the Kuau/Hookipa area the night of Feb. 22, 2014.

Gas tank mystery solved.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...anco-seen-driving-4Runner-in-Hana.html?nav=10

A former co-worker said she was "shocked" to see murder suspect Steven Capobianco driving a Toyota 4Runner in Hana on the night he told police he last saw his pregnant ex-girlfriend.

"As the car comes, you see the front of the car," Taylor said. "That's when I recognized Steven. So I put my hand out to shout out.

But Taylor said she didn't call out to Capobianco.

When Deputy Prosecutor Tracy Jones asked why, Taylor said, "I saw the look on his face."
Asked to describe the look, Taylor said, "Just looked different . . . It's a very tough one to describe . . . "

This is why he made up that lame alibi.

Whoa. I don't recall reading that little nugget before! I've been down and out with a nasty virus and bronchitis for too long and not absorbing much I read but you'd think that would have caught my attention. Thanks for the link, Kapua...off to read it now. Does that fit (being in Hana) in with the 8:30 to 11-11:30 timeline?

He also told his girlfriend he was working on a friend's truck that Sunday night. He planned to hurt Charli. Whatever he used to cut her fingers off with was not a light tool. Can you cut up a whole chicken with a 6 in serrated blade? I guess you could.

Who helped him remove the doors and the fuel tank?

Who gave him a ride home from Jaws? He couldn't have walked if he saw Taylor at 12:30 am.

He saw Taylor between 12:00 and 2:00, probably closer to 2:00. From TF's description, it doesn't seem like they spent a lot of time chit-chatting. He skyped Cassie at 2:30, I'm guessing very shortly after he got home.

Did SC have a bicycle? Would he have left his Ford Truck at or near Peahi? I'm guessing that's as sketchy of a place to leave a vehicle as Keanae.

Whoa. I don't recall reading that little nugget before! I've been down and out with a nasty virus and bronchitis for too long and not absorbing much I read but you'd think that would have caught my attention. Thanks for the link, Kapua...off to read it now. Does that fit (being in Hana) in with the 8:30 to 11-11:30 timeline?

It was *just* posted today, maybe an hour or so ago.

Bombshell testimony, eh? Confirms what FTL (Brooke) said about him being spotted in Hana in a vehicle "not known to be his."

I feel a bit of an echo chamber in here and I think its important to remember just because its been said in here a bunch of times does not make it real. At this point we are really just spectators.

Something specific??

Kapua, you are officially the News Editor, ok? :)

I can't keep up with the articles. Time to shut my mouth and let this thing unfold or unravel on it's own. ;)

He saw Taylor between 12:00 and 2:00, probably closer to 2:00. From TF's description, it doesn't seem like they spent a lot of time chit-chatting. He skyped Cassie at 2:30, I'm guessing very shortly after he got home.

Did SC have a bicycle? Would he have left his Ford Truck at or near Peahi? I'm guessing that's as sketchy of a place to leave a vehicle as Keanae.

Right so 2ish. Not 12...2

It was *just* posted today, maybe an hour or so ago.

Bombshell testimony, eh? Confirms what FTL (Brooke) said about him being spotted in Hana in a vehicle "not known to be his."

I enjoyed her tale of being at a friends Mothers memorial...sitting out under the stars leaning on a small palm tree..recalling how the mother had said she knew everything that went on in Hana because she lived by the road. Hana is so small town. No doubt. I dont think her seeing Steven is fortuitous as much as it is magical and the spirit of the dead working through living. Way to go Mom!

Crikey, PT......that makes me think along the lines of a mafia type solution for crossing the don. The "she had a mouth on her" resonates loudly with me.
Why only the right hand, do you think?
Oh did they find the left?

So 1/4 mile away roughly from Hana Bay and obviously on the Ocean side because that is how a driver would look down to see a house from the road. Which means she saw his face from the drivers side. Hana is how far past Nahiku? 1/2 hour? Why would he go to Hana after he had taken care of business? Whats in Hana??? Was he thinking of going all the way around the island? Did he see her and think better than to do that? Hmmmm... Great testimony

This new Maui News article on the Hana sighting is a must read. The sheer serendipity of this sighting is incredible. Maui News App put it up right away today, no paywall on the app.

The reasons she had for truly noting Steven as he went by are extremely believable. The thing is (if you have not read it yet), he DID NOT SEE her or know he was seen. This could not have influenced his decision to put himself with Charli for the police; but we still have other reasons.

He now has time to drop Nala in Nahiku if he had a reason to go to Hana, but why was he in Hana? How long a drive from Paraquat's to Hana at night, and how long back? The time frame for sighting is 9:30--11:30, but
Earliest he leaves Haiku is 8:30
the phone pinged Honomanu at 11:00 (I'm rounding off the 4 min).
The fire started at Jaws 12:30.
Can someone make this work out where he's not driving most of the time?

Yeah but I dont need to shout out. Just realize what is emotional and what is proven.
I am always striving to sort out what is proven and what has some evidence, enough for a hypothetical, and what is not proven. My feelings about the case and my analysis of the case are in two separate boxes. When I blur the two, or slip up with my wording, I appreciate being told that I am doing it, and how, so I can pay attention to that.

Every time we get new facts, I think about what if any ideas I need to adjust to work in the new fact.
In this case, PT goes to the heart of it with the question: what was he doing going to Hana and was he going back through Kipahulu or turning around?

I enjoyed her tale of being at a friends Mothers memorial...sitting out under the stars leaning on a small palm tree..recalling how the mother had said she knew everything that went on in Hana because she lived by the road. Hana is so small town. No doubt. I dont think her seeing Steven is fortuitous as much as it is magical and the spirit of the dead working through living. Way to go Mom!
Beautifully said, PT. Chicken skin!
And his indescribable expression that turns her impulse to wave into not wanting to make contact. You know, on an island, normally you see a friend or co-worker somewhere else, you're always going to say hello or at least wave, just like she started to do ... but then she picked up on the vibe.

what puzzles me is why Maui News goes into detail about his squared off model vs. her rounded one, but we have nothing about the skull grille at all. With nothing said on that, I tend to think the grille had been pulled. Surely the reporter would mention testimony about the grille. The witness got a clear view of the front of the truck as it approached.

This new Maui News article on the Hana sighting is a must read. The sheer serendipity of this sighting is incredible. Maui News App put it up right away today, no paywall on the app.

The reasons she had for truly noting Steven as he went by are extremely believable. The thing is (if you have not read it yet), he DID NOT SEE her or know he was seen. This could not have influenced his decision to put himself with Charli for the police; but we still have other reasons.

He now has time to drop Nala in Nahiku if he had a reason to go to Hana, but why was he in Hana? How long a drive from Paraquat's to Hana at night, and how long back? The time frame for sighting is 9:30--11:30, but
Earliest he leaves Haiku is 8:30
the phone pinged Honomanu at 11:00 (I'm rounding off the 4 min).
The fire started at Jaws 12:30.
Can someone make this work out where he's not driving most of the time?

The witness, Jennifer Taylor, said that he did not see her, probably because he did not acknowledge her when she put her hand out. But that doesn't mean that he didn't see her. The only person who can say for sure if he saw her or not is Steven Capobianco, and he's a liar. He could have seen her and not acknowledged her, or saw her out of the corner of his eye and it didn't register who she was until later.

What I find infintely more interesting is:
1. that he was in a newer model 4Runner than his own, presumably Charli's 4Runner,
2. That she didn't see anyone else in the 4Runner,
3. That she didn't see any animals in the 4Runner.

As for what he was doing in Hana... we know that he is a drug dealer. Maybe he has a supplier in Hana. JMHO. :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostKitty311