GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps as a survival technique the psychopath convinced himself it was all a dream and he didn't kill her. And now after sitting through all of this even he is being convinced he did. Slowly waking up from a powerful long sleep to a horror of reality.
That's a nice thought, but narcissistic psychopaths do not feel remorse or emotions as we know them, and I am convinced that's what he is. He didn't need to escape from the reality of murder. Murder is what he wished to do and accomplished, no regrets about that.

He fits the profile of an eraser killer very well. When a woman in his life who has been useful becomes pregnant and complicates his life in a way that is unacceptable to him, he decides to kill her and erase her from his life. He kills coldly and with determination and never ever feels sorry for the lives he took or the people who got devastatingly hurt.

As as for the legal game, he believes he will win (this type of person) and enjoys playing the system. He will be surprised and annoyed when he goes to prison for life, but he will never grow a conscience. He's not worth the trouble of waiting or hoping to get that satisfaction from him. Healing must come through others, while the monster remains the monster forever.

If he ever were to confess, it would not be to ease the pain of those who mourn the victim. It would be to bask in his own cleverness or in trade for something he really wants. He won't "feel better" to get it off his chest. He enjoys tormenting Charli's family and friends and he enjoys defeating the searchers, and that might be one of his only enjoyments, so he won't give it up easily.

Opening statements....Rivera said "two phones went out, only one came back." So, was it KK's phone or SC's?
I am thinking he took Charli in her own vehicle, so Kurt's phone didn't go out there, but it went wherever else Steven went in his own truck, possibly to Peahi?

That's a nice thought, but narcissistic psychopaths do not feel remorse or emotions as we know them, and I am convinced that's what he is. He didn't need to escape from the reality of murder. Murder is what he wished to do and accomplished, no regrets about that.

He fits the profile of an eraser killer very well. When a woman in his life who has been useful becomes pregnant and complicates his life in a way that is unacceptable to him, he decides to kill her and erase her from his life. He kills coldly and with determination and never ever feels sorry for the lives he took or the people who got devastatingly hurt.

As as for the legal game, he believes he will win (this type of person) and enjoys playing the system. He will be surprised and annoyed when he goes to prison for life, but he will never grow a conscience. He's not worth the trouble of waiting or hoping to get that satisfaction from him. Healing must come through others, while the monster remains the monster forever.

If he ever were to confess, it would not be to ease the pain of those who mourn the victim. It would be to bask in his own cleverness or in trade for something he really wants. He won't "feel better" to get it off his chest. He enjoys tormenting Charli's family and friends and he enjoys defeating the searchers, and that might be one of his only enjoyments, so he won't give it up easily.

It was a Poker Face game he was playing with Kim the night she was writing questions down on the yellow tablet. H knew he was losing so he got an attitude that was reflected in her testimony. He couldn't win lying to the face of the mother so he got surly instead.

Pua said:
"I think his new truck that needed tires was not leaving Haiku. At least it has not been talked about anywhere else.
So if it is Hana Highway, Pai'a, Makawao, It should be the Forerunner."
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I just need to know that this is accurate, then I can let this bone go. Lol.

I remember the discussion about the safety laws and all, but do we know for a fact that the "new truck" ( which might be a Ford OR a 4runner, yes?) would not be able to leave Haiku (just because the law? Or bad tires...?) would it have been just this, or was it actually undrivable?

Also, if he had Kurt Kaiser's backpack in his truck, parked at Mana foods, Monday afternoon (9th), then if it had had anything to do with the night before, it was still uncleaned (or he would have found the backpack and Drew's phone).And he was unconcerned about anything that might be seen in the truck by Kurt if he came to get his pack. And I'm curious about the claim by (I think) Brooke, that he cleaned his truck that day--after work. That's one reason for thinking that maybe he used the other truck for something. So, I'm still wondering if both trucks are in play.

(Again) This is Taylor's account of their meeting at Hanzawa's the night before only hours after the presumed murder--Sunday the 9th (early the 10th, technically):
[SC] "arrived in his white truck, the same truck that got stuck on the Hāna Highway in October of 2013"...

"Farner said she also recalled asking the defendant about his 4Runner and said he told her that it was broken down at his house"...
Does her asking about the 4Runner mean that she was expecting him to be driving it? Is THAT the one with the bad tires? Furthermore, what is the model of the truck he drove? And, was it " Broken down"....or covered in evidence? Did he switch trucks that night when he got home?
I wish I could answer your questions, but this is a local knowledge area with some tiny help or confusion from testimony so far.
I only ever saw the new truck called a Ford once, I believe posted by Loio as local tip, no source.

the detailing also was fromtheladle, and there is no other information on it. Perhaps it was not even correct what was told her. But if correct, that was Monday. But when he would have had it done I do not know, because his shift is until 3 and he was in Makawao at the Kaisers by or before 4 pm.

What I do see you are getting mixed up with is the dates. Charli went missing the Sunday night, the 9th. The call re the backpack from Kaiser was the day of the murder, not Monday, so any blood or what have you was not there yet if it ever was. It's not odd that Steven was unconcerned about him looking at the vehicle for that reason.

Steven's Forerunner was silver, so any reference to white is a different truck.
I don't know anything about the tire loan other than his boss supposedly loaned him money for tires, and I got that from this forum.

what I said about safety was spec. It is true that people who have a vehicle that won't pass Safety with a visible defect tend to avoid going where police will see them. It's not that you can't drive, but you risk a ticket and ensuing proof to the court that it got fixed. I do not know if Steven had these issues. It is just me thinking of possibilities.

It was a Poker Face game he was playing with Kim the night she was writing questions down on the yellow tablet. H knew he was losing so he got an attitude that was reflected in her testimony. He couldn't win lying to the face of the mother so he got surly instead.
Yes. Narcissist's have a whole repertoire of ways to get around complying. They do not at all accept being confronted or challenged or put on the spot, and Kim was putting him on the spot.

Talking to the police that first week, it sounds like he thought he was pulling the wool over Loo's eyes, so that was a more fun game than talking to Kim, which he didn't want to do but couldn't entirely avoid. But he was wrong about Loo believing any of it.

And don't forget it was Kim who sent police to his door on Tuesday. He's going to blame Kim for that inconvenience. He's not going to see it as "I killed my ex and my baby and now the police are on me." More like "Charli's family always hated me and now her Mom is sicking the cops on me, figures." Only a narcissist can feel he is being wronged when people treat him with suspicion after he murders and dismembers their loved ones. Steven went straight into victim mode. Oh waah, now my buddies who help me feel good about myself are turning on me.

He doesn't really feel or get friendship. What he gets is that friends feed his need for someone to give his ego strokes, and it's very important to keep his ego fed or his fantasy bubble that he lives in gets popped.

I wish I could answer your questions, but this is a local knowledge area with some tiny help or confusion from testimony so far.
I only ever saw the new truck called a Ford once, I believe posted by Loio as local tip, no source.

the detailing also was fromtheladle, and there is no other information on it. Perhaps it was not even correct what was told her. But if correct, that was Monday. But when he would have had it done I do not know, because his shift is until 3 and he was in Makawao at the Kaisers by or before 4 pm.

What I do see you are getting mixed up with is the dates. Charli went missing the Sunday night, the 9th. The call re the backpack from Kaiser was the day of the murder, not Monday, so any blood or what have you was not there yet if it ever was. It's not odd that Steven was unconcerned about him looking at the vehicle for that reason.

I don't know anything about the tire loan other than his boss supposedly loaned him money for tires, and I got that from this forum.

what I said about safety was spec. It is true that people who have a vehicle that won't pass Safety with a visible defect tend to avoid going where police will see them. It's not that you can't drive, but you risk a ticket and ensuing proof to the court that it got fixed. I do not know if Steven had these issues. It is just me thinking of possibilities.

The Maui Now article attempts to clear up the "truck" confusion:

Defense attorney Jon Apo sought to gain clarity by asking, “How many vehicles were you aware of that the defendant had at that time period?” to which Kurt Kaiser answered saying “The defendant drove a 4Runner.” The question was subsequently withdrawn.

During testimony from Drew Kaiser, it was stated that Capobianco had “two vehicles,” including the 4Runner and a truck that was being worked on in Kula, which Kaiser said, “was sitting in his (Capobianco’s) driveway.”

An ex-girlfriend testified last week that she saw Capobianco in the early morning hours of Monday, Feb. 10, in his white truck (not the newer 4Runner), which would indicate that his older vehicle (the truck) would have been in working order, and therefore plausible that it could have been used.

So the 4Runner was the newer (to SC) vehicle, assuming that Taylor Farner's testimony and Wendy Osher's article are both accurate.

All these vehicles really confuse me. I need a visual diagram lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They better clear up these vehicles for the jury. Silver 4runner, white truck, truck he was going to buy from a friend, truck that needed tires. Truck at Super Bowl, truck at work, truck in driveway.....
For God sake this needs to be cleared up 100% for the jury.

They better clear up these vehicles for the jury. Silver 4runner, white truck, truck he was going to buy from a friend, truck that needed tires. Truck at Super Bowl, truck at work, truck in driveway.....
For God sake this needs to be cleared up 100% for the jury.

Amen to that! They did ask Taylor to identify two vehicles. I sure hope it was clearer to the jury than it is to us reading these articles!

Thanks, Pua. You're right... The date of the murder on Sunday, Feb. 9 is indelibly etched in my brain, but I had the day Kurt called about his pack wrong & and so misread the significance of it all. Drew's phone will hopefully tell it's story.

As for the truck being silver like Charlie's, that may well be the case, but, in testimony, both old & new trucks have been called white and both have been called 4Runners & both called trucks. Someone with first-hand knowledge knows, otherwise, we don't know for sure which one it is, unless very specific.

Enough of that -- thinking back ...to the Lincoln interview, does anyone know who it was in the room with Steven, who kept prompting him about the details in his relationship with Charli? Who was there with him?

They show pics to the jurors. It's too bad the trial hasn't been streamed in the last few weeks because a lot of context is lost when we have to rely on a third party for our information.

The date of the murder on Sunday, Feb. 9 is indelibly etched in my brain, but I had the day Kurt called about his pack wrong & and so misread the significance of it all. Drew's phone will hopefully tell it's story.

As for the truck being silver like Charlie's, that may well be the case, but, in testimony, both old & new trucks have been called white and both have been called 4Runners & both called trucks. Someone with first-hand knowledge knows, otherwise, we don't know for sure which one it is, unless very specific.

Enough of that -- thinking back ...to the Lincoln interview, does anyone know who it was in the room with Steven, who kept prompting him about the details in his relationship with Charli? Who was there with him?
Good question. :)

As for the trucks, I am more interested really in hearing evidence that puts him in any truck going somewhere tied to the murder or arson. The fake story that his truck broke down has been shredded now, and that was only ever important as providing a supposedly legit reason why he and Charli were out Hana Highway at night. That is gone. Just the fact that police on patrol did not see it overnight in the spot he claimed it was stuck on Saturday was enough to blow that out of the water. Add all the knowledge from Cass and the Kaisers and it is crispy toast.

It was never a good alibi anyway, even if his truck had been stuck and she went to help. He still had a great opportunity to kill her and lie about her following him back. The one thing his story created was the idea of two vehicles needing to get back from Hana, his and hers, with only one driver if he had murdered her. For him to deal with two vehicles, he needed help, or needed to hitch. The simplest answer would be he never had a vehicle of his out there on Sunday night, only hers.

But yeah, they should do everything to help the jury not get stuck in keeping straight all the vehicles and meeting and calls and searches and sisters and twins and dogs and locations on Hana Highway. They need maps and diagrams and charts and maybe a spreadsheet, poor people.

On May 6, 2014, I saved a screenshot of SC's facebook. The date and time are located at the top of the image. Very interesting. I always wondered why the sudden depression. Now I know.

http://imgur.com/BSZtL9R

Sorry, I pulled a Rivera, the date and time are only on my end. I'll save another copy with the relevant date and time.

http://imgur.com/MwKiCou

He posted four hours before I snapped it so at 10 am.

In case I'm not making sense, in regards to the evidence of SC's suicide attempt in early May 2014, made public by Adam Gaines' testimony, I have always wondered why SC lost his swagger "online" and posted that very sad message and cryptic image of the sky. Now I understand. He was in despair and wanted to kill himself. Well too bad. He shouldn't have killed Charli.

Thank you NL.

So, what was he up to?

NL--any chance you can post or link SC's FB posts around those days?

Pua--I love those psychological insights you have. Please don't stop.

Thank you NL.

So, what was he up to?

NL--any chance you can post or link SC's FB posts around those days?

Pua--I love those psychological insights you have. Please don't stop.

The relevant ones have been deleted. I didn't save everything, I was just a FB friend. You can look at his old FB posts and see if anything interesting comes up but someone definitely cleaned up his account.

http://mauinow.com/2016/08/11/kaiser-brothers-testify-in-capobianco-murder-trial/

"Drew Kaiser also acknowledged that Capobianco’s mother had lived in the Keʻanae area, but has since passed away."

I'm sorry for the grandmother's loss in losing her daughter. I imagine it's the worst experience ever. SC's mother has a few fb posts regarding her move into/out of the jungle. Keanae I assume. Tragic that she was battling her addictions and moved to the drug dens of Kihei... to meet her ultimate demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech