GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Fanelli gets a call from a mechanic about an already torched vehicle. Who's the mechanic and how do they know the vehicle was at Jaws? Was it not torched when he made the call? Why would someone call to say hey go scrap a torched vehicle? I'm confused.

Coincidentally, work is heating up for me, too. I just got another assignment. Will have to catch up on the weekend.

So Fanelli gets a call from a mechanic about an already torched vehicle. Who's the mechanic and how do they know the vehicle was at Jaws? Was it not torched when he made the call? Why would someone call to say hey go scrap a torched vehicle? I'm confused.

Fuel Pumps are pricey. Its insulated in the tank. Wheels are expensive. Peel the rubber off. Lots of good parts on a burned vehicle. Metal has to be molten hot to warp

I remember when this all started going on and Kyle was definitely one of the few defenders of Steven. In the sense of trying to get people not to rush to judgement. I basically told him he was being stupid. Maybe a year later he had turned a complete 180. Eyes opened.

Thanks for that insight, PT.
guess Apo wants to make Kyle a soldier for the Scott Family mafia that put a hit out on Steven. Follow him, frame him, go all the way to Waikuku to hunt him ... ;-)

excellent article from Maui Now. I understand the evidence about the 4Runner doors now.

Thanks for that insight, PT.
guess Apo wants to make Kyle a soldier for the Scott Family mafia that put a hit out on Steven. Follow him, frame him, go all the way to Waikuku to hunt him ... ;-)

excellent article from Maui Now. I understand the evidence about the 4Runner doors now.

Well I think the jury recognotices that its a small island and serendipity is rampant. We all carousel a herd mentality...go to work..sleep..eat at very similar times. Birds of a feather shop at the same stores. Sack and Save hands down the best poki on the island. Wailuku industrial offers many product and services. I dont think its unusual.

Well I think the jury recognotices that its a small island and serendipity is rampant. We all carousel a herd mentality...go to work..sleep..eat at very similar times. Birds of a feather shop at the same stores. Sack and Save hands down the best poki on the island. Wailuku industrial offers many product and services. I dont think its unusual.
Yep, thus the wink emo at the end of my post denoting my sarcastic tone ... :)

I have a lot of questions regarding Wednesday's testimony.

Why did SC go to Hana that night? And why did he go the previous night? Who does he know in Hana?

Whose backpack was at Jaws? Charli's? SC's? Were there bloodstains on it?

Christopher Fanelli didn't mention which day he went to Jaws to collect parts. Was it Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday? The doors were recovered on Holomua Road on Feb. 22. Who took them? Were they at that person's residence? Discarded on the side of the road? Did the person who found them panic when he realized that they were the doors from Charli's burned 4Runner?

I don't live on an island, but I often go to communities in which I neither live nor work. In fact, I am going to one in about 30 minutes. I 1000% agree that it's not the slightest bit unusual.

Kapua, there are no residences on Holomua. There's an abandoned and burned out high school and a caretaker that may still live on site. Holomua Rd takes you through HC&S cane fields.

Great place for dumping unwanted whatevers I might add. But a beautiful and haunting area.

Kapua, there are no residences on Holomua. There's an abandoned and burned out high school and a caretaker that may still live on site. Holomua Rd takes you through HC&S cane fields.

Thanks, Nikki. I didn't get that from either news article. So I'm going with - the person who removed the doors went into panic mode when he realized that the doors were likely from Charli's burned 4Runner, didn't want to deal with the police, and dumped them on the side of the road.

I don't understand why both Maui Now and Maui News jumped back and forth between testimonies of Fanelli, J. Taylor and Knight in one article. It's terribly confusing. I know they add on to their articles to update but please, just c&p and start a new edition.

HGO and Puakenikeni, there's a timeline thread for this case. I think we ought to use it. Anyone up for the task of updating?

Great place for dumping unwanted whatevers I might add. But a beautiful and haunting area.
Or placing for safe keeping. Doors are big

So far everything is plain as day. Car burnt and abandoned at JAWS. Yep that's where everybody does it. Doors left up by Old Maui High. Yep that's where I have found plenty parts. Stevens guilt. Yep obvious IMHO. The questions remain how and where Charli and Joshua were killed. We might never know. Perhaps only Steven knows, perhaps not. Maybe that OK that we dont know if we can convict him of the general crime of Murder and a life sentence is handed down.

So why does one go to Hana in the middle of the night? Well sure sex or drugs. Church or court. To visit friends. Also to be there for sunrise. Its not necessarily a great place for a night drive unless its full moon because there are not a lot of lights. Not a lot of reasons to be in Hana anyways. Sometimes you go to Hana because you have nothing else to do and your bored.

So if you are going to murder someone you are going to do it in a very isolated dark area where nobody can hear them scream or see you do it. Ok Paraquats. And if you are going to dump a body there are many ways but the most obvious is in the Sharky waters off Maui. Second would be a Cane field. Third would be to chop them up and dispose of them in many ways. Ocean,,bury...trash. The Hana Landfill perhaps. Certainly near where J Taylor saw him. It has hours of operation though. I suppose one can get in but there would be cameras. It would be easy to get lost in the other waste. Not the worst idea but not the most obvious either. It really is the ocean. And in that case I think we need to be satisfied with what we have,

HGO and Puakenikeni, there's a timeline thread for this case. I think we ought to use it. Anyone up for the task of updating?
IF people here are using the timeline topic, that is a very good idea. I never see he conversation referring to it, but if the regulars wanted to do that ...

I can't commit right now due to deadlines and looking to move in the next month. Mostly my old computer keeps crashing the browser. My phone is fine for making comments, but it's no good for copying and pasting. HGO's timeline is the best right now. Regardless of any commitment to keep it current on her part, I'd love to have a direct bookmark to its location, because even the most useful things get buried so fast here.

So far everything is plain as day. Car burnt and abandoned at JAWS. Yep that's where everybody does it. Doors left up by Old Maui High. Yep that's where I have found plenty parts. Stevens guilt. Yep obvious IMHO. The questions remain how and where Charli and Joshua were killed. We might never know. Perhaps only Steven knows, perhaps not. Maybe that OK that we dont know if we can convict him of the general crime of Murder and a life sentence is handed down.

So why does one go to Hana in the middle of the night? Well sure sex or drugs. Church or court. To visit friends. Also to be there for sunrise. Its not necessarily a great place for a night drive unless its full moon because there are not a lot of lights. Not a lot of reasons to be in Hana anyways. Sometimes you go to Hana because you have nothing else to do and your bored.

So if you are going to murder someone you are going to do it in a very isolated dark area where nobody can hear them scream or see you do it. Ok Paraquats. And if you are going to dump a body there are many ways but the most obvious is in the Sharky waters off Maui. Second would be a Cane field. Third would be to chop them up and dispose of them in many ways. Ocean,,bury...trash. The Hana Landfill perhaps. Certainly near where J Taylor saw him. It has hours of operation though. I suppose one can get in but there would be cameras. It would be easy to get lost in the other waste. Not the worst idea but not the most obvious either. It really is the ocean. And in that case I think we need to be satisfied with what we have,
fantastic helpful summary, PT.

Check on it all making sense with the arson and the tip to mechanic and the dumping. I assume the police got a tip on the burned doors.

As you said, nothing is open at night in Hana. It's a ghost village. Sex unlikely. Drugs maybe, for Taylor? Disposal sites in area so maybe. Nala dropped in Nahiku most probably. (Scratch my other theory). Driving there for no particular reason that night? Doubtful. He had things to do. I will just mention that it doesn't get much more isolated than Kaupo, if he wanted to go where searching was unlikely. But did he have time for the circle loop?

The question with the ocean is are the prevailing currents going to bring back what you threw in, or take it away? Bringing it back is very bad. And then what is smelling so rotten up by the highway on Wednesday? That is a real new clue. It's not something in the ocean, and at least two people driving by got a whiff that made them stop. These are not people beating the jungle; they are driving the main road.

Can you tell where the spot with guardrail and a need to rappel down would be? At the bridge area or on the higher parts of the valley? Stream side? (That is the Honomanu side, no?). Google Earth does give elevation, but I haven't checked there yet.

re the moon, it was less than a week from full, but does anyone know if it was a rainy night? I'm guessing not too rainy because the Hana witness was standing outside away from the house and also did not mention rain.

As for knowing what happened, where, and where they came to a final resting, her mother is tormented by not knowing and has scoured the island searching. So I will keep mentioning any clues at all that come up.

He is guilty. A conviction is highly desirable. I think that job is done, but the prosecution does need to present a theory that is not vague about where it happened and what his movements and methods were. Motive and opportunity they have proven, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24