GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an obvious Luddite and I can follow his testimony without much confusion. He's good, clear and confident.

They just brought the jury back in. I was unaware that they had been out of the courtroom. The witness is Michael Easter, a special agent with the FBI. He has 12 years with FBI, and currently works with CAST (Cellular Analysis and Survey Team). The court is satisfied that he is an expert in the field of cell phone analysis. YAY!

They just brought the jury back in. I was unaware that they had been out of the courtroom. The witness is Michael Easter, a special agent with the FBI. He has 12 years with FBI, and currently works with CAST (Cellular Analysis and Survey Team). The court is satisfied that he is an expert in the field of cell phone analysis. YAY!
Mr Easter is a fabulous witness, IMHO. Super smart, eloquent, can explain complex technology in easily understood lay terms. Makes the FBI look good. Can't wait to hear his testimony!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They are going to call some witnesses out of order because they wasted the whole day Friday questioning the jurors.

Maybe I'm late to the party but I just starting watching the trial on YouTube, via Akaku, and it's so clear compared to the Akaku.org site.

Is it possible that KHON hasn't returned since mid July because they accidently filmed the jury?

And what's up with Mileka Lincoln having the only audio copy of her interview with SC that got destroyed? I would have expected MPD to subpoena that recording.

Is it possible that KHON hasn't returned since mid July because they accidently filmed the jury?

And what's up with Mileka Lincoln having the only audio copy of her interview with SC that got destroyed? I would have expected MPD to subpoena that recording.
So true, Nikki! You'd think they would've requested that evidence immediately. Bungling up the DNA evidence found on SC's jeans was another major fail. I'm hoping the evidence they DO have will be enough to convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt.

Mamamerced - great observation that it is now on Youtube! It is very clear and they are archived so I can watch what I missed, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Apo....Ugh.
No kidding! One lame objection after the next. I think the jury heard maybe 20 minutes of actual testimony today, maybe even less. What a waste of time for everyone. I feel sorry for the jurors, and also the journalists who have to salvage something newsworthy out of this.

No kidding! One lame objection after the next. I think the jury heard maybe 20 minutes of actual testimony today, maybe even less. What a waste of time for everyone. I feel sorry for the jurors, and also the journalists who have to salvage something newsworthy out of this.

Those poor jurors have had their integrity questioned TWICE and have had to suffer through two months of this ridiculous routine. It must be pure torture for them.

Those poor jurors have had their integrity questioned TWICE and have had to suffer through two months of this ridiculous routine. It must be pure torture for them.

They sense the desperation. They smell the blood

I am really struggling to gain any useful information from this trial due to the many objections. Its clear the defense and prosecution have butted heads many times before. There is no professional respect between them at all. I can't imagine how the jury feels sitting through this time and time again. The defense lawyer especially aggravates me. He is so irritable. He needs something to calm him down! :D

FBI agent testifies on cellphone data

http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...agent-testifies-on-cellphone-data.html?nav=10

As he began testifying Monday in Capobianco's 2nd Circuit Court murder trial, Easter said that information about the specific cellphone tower and sector used to make phone calls and send text messages can help determine where the phone was at the time.

Even when not making a phone call, "my phone is still actively doing something," Easter said, holding his cellphone up to jurors.

"It's listening," he said. "It's scanning its environment to identify the best cellphone tower and cellphone sector to receive service."

----------------------------------------------------

Easter said that the AT&T phone records he received for Capobianco and Scott provided information including the date and time of phone calls or text messages, the sending and receiving phone numbers, length of calls and the cell tower and its sector used for the communication.

I hope Agent Easter will be able to actually tell us about SC's phone records today. Apo objected to almost everything he said yesterday.

Hi everyone,

I've been having some thoughts about an accomplice.
So it's been established by witness testimony that SC was in Hana on both Sat & Sun night.

In my mind, this was either to:

a) scope out a locale (Saturday night) and dump (Sunday night) Charli's hacked up remains in the locale, which was either in or beyond Hana-town.

or

b) meet with a hired hit-man/accomplice (Saturday night) and deliver (Sunday night) Charli's body to hired hit-man wrapped in the green blanket with Charli's Twilight DVD accidentally sandwiched in between her body and the folds of the blanket. Whether Charli was dead, unconscious, or merely subdued at the point of delivery is unknown - the Hana hit-man was essentially unknown to Steven and was simply hired by him to make sure Charli totally and utterly disappeared with no trace.

What leads me to believe in the Hana hit-man theory is that Steven borrowed money IIRC (supposedly for new tires) from someone at work around this time, but isn't it true that it's never been established what the money was actually spent on?

Additionally, although SC undoubtedly has a very dark side to his soul, he does not have a known history of violence and bloodshed. He is a smooth-talker, and it seems like he might not relish doing the bloody, "dirty-work" of actually violently killing and disposing of a body. There are some very tough, cold braddahs who would have no problem doing that for a nice price. The hired guy would have told Steven of his plans when they met, but all of their dealings might have taken place in person in Hana - and none through cell-phone contact of any kind. In my mind, the hit-man would have been a "friend of a friend," someone recommended to him, and all contact between the two might have taken place through this middleman, almost like a big drug deal. The trip to Hana on Saturday night could have been their first meeting, to feel each other out, discuss details, and possibly even pay the man a deposit.

This "hit-man" scenario would also explain the poor clean-up job at Nua'ailua/Paraquats - because the guy might have been high, clumsy, or simply not invested enough to care about doing a truly thorough clean-up. He would have filled SC in on what he intended to do and where he intended to do it...So Steven knew it happened at Paraquats, but SC could not have known *exactly* where, which is why even though SC was seen pulling out of Paraquats dirt road, the evidence remained scattered about in a fairly obscure part of the valley: because Steven didn't find the actual scene of the crime. He went there and looked, but didn't see anything, so he was satisfied and left.

In this scenario, SC simply met with Charli on Sunday night, subdued her perhaps with light violence, and then he delivered her, bound in her own blanket. The blanket was spread out in the back of her 4-Runner, the Twilight DVD was lying haphazardly on the blanket...SC plopped her down on it with her cell-phone (maybe her whole purse), accidentally pinning the DVD under her between her and the blanket. Then he wrapped her up and bound her with zip-ties in the blanket, drove to Hana and delivered her like this to the man at a meet-up place. Then they each left separately. The man took Charli and went to Paraquats.

Remember, SC was driving slowly, doing 20mph at night into Hana despite the fact that he liked to drive fast. Why? Because he had precious cargo in the back and did not want to be pulled over. He delivered her to a third party to do all the actual horrible stuff - to do the killing and disposing. Maybe there was even a boat involved, with the man possibly putting her remains in a container and taking them out to sea at night. That might have even been what made that option attractive to Steven. We can't know such a level of detail...but we can speculate.

I welcome any thoughts.

What time does the live stream start?

It is live now.

It generally starts at 9:00 AM Hawaii time - 12:00 PM Pacific - 1:00 PM Mountain - 2:00 PM Central - 3:00 PM Eastern.

We're live now.

The prosecution has finished examining Special Agent Easter, who testified as to where the cell phones were at various times based on his analysis.

I missed a lot of the testimony today, but from what I heard, he held up extremely well in the face of all of the objections and the cross-examination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper