GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else a bit disappointed at the lack of definitive DNA evidence? I was really hoping for something that would link him to the crime scene.

I haven't been able to listen much today, but I am not surprised by the lack of definitive DNA evidence. I AM surprised that SC was excluded from the sweatshirt DNA and that it matched TWO individuals who are not SC. Interesting.

If I were the prosecution team, I would aggressively be fighting for the inclusion of the DNA evidence that was previously declared inadmissible.

I haven't been able to listen much today, but I am not surprised by the lack of definitive DNA evidence. I AM surprised that SC was excluded from the sweatshirt DNA and that it matched TWO individuals who are not SC. Interesting.

If I were the prosecution team, I would aggressively be fighting for the inclusion of the DNA evidence that was previously declared inadmissible.

Why was it declared inadmissable and do you know what the results were? Thank you :)

Why was it declared inadmissable and do you know what the results were? Thank you :)

I am very lax about providing documentation and I rely too much on sketchy memory, but I believe it was determined to be SC's hair. By whom I don't recall. The inadmissibility was due to prosecutors not giving results to defense in time and judge didn't want more trial delays, ostensibly.

Calling Kapua and Pua.

I am very lax about providing documentation and I rely too much on sketchy memory, but I believe it was determined to be SC's hair. By whom I don't recall. The inadmissibility was due to prosecutors not giving results to defense in time and judge didn't want more trial delays, ostensibly.

Calling Kapua and Pua.

Ah I think I remember this being discussed in court!

"Detective Nelson Hamilton found the 2- to 3-inch-long black hair in the jeans pocket Jan. 26 after the jeans were returned to the Maui Police Department from the Scientific Investigation Section of the Honolulu Police Department."
------------------------------------------
Apo argued that the prosecution could use the same evidence that had been presented to a grand jury that indicted Capobianco before the DNA test results were available.

“In this particular case, there’s no one piece of evidence that’s dispositive,” Judge Cardoza said. “The case is obviously going to be tried on a web of evidence. The question is what’s going to be included in the web of evidence.”
http://www.mauinews.com/news/local-...sses-dna-evidence-in-capobianco-murder-trial/

I wonder if there is more to come DNA-wise... Cardoza said that "there’s no one piece of evidence that’s dispositive."

Black jeans - Perry Ellis brand - mixture of DNA from consistent with 2 or more individuals. ???

Soooo...Gray sweatshirt tested with cell-collecting vacuum in armpits, along collar, etc., and DNA consistent with 2 individuals was obtained, but SC was EXCLUDED as one of the contributors. (think about that for a second)

It was found at Paraquats with the 32 x 30 black pants, which is the same size as the other pants found upon which Charli's DNA is present. So all of this clothing likely belongs to the perpetrator of the crime, but Steven's DNA is nowhere on any of it.

This is starting to bring up the hitman theory again for me....
I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Catching up w/the videos. Both Charli and SC were excluded from DNA matching on the gray sweater. Collar, armpit, cuffs were vacuumed. There were no bloodstains on the gray sweater.

Blue jeans - again a mixture of 2 or more individuals - neither Charli nor SC could be excluded.

Blue jeans - again a mixture of 2 or more individuals - neither Charli nor SC could be excluded.

I couldn't watch trial. So SC and Charli were excluded from the blue jeans. What about the black? Just what we need....more mysteries. Ugh.
Maybe jeans and sweatshirt are not related to crime or even planted(?) perhaps.
Why do you think Rivera is laying such a foundation about the clothing?

I couldn't watch trial. So SC and Charli were excluded from the blue jeans. What about the black? Just what we need....more mysteries. Ugh.
Maybe jeans and sweatshirt are not related to crime or even planted(?) perhaps.
Why do you think Rivera is laying such a foundation about the clothing?

Cannot be excluded = can be included.

Looks like the DKNY blue jeans are Charli's, if I understand correctly.

Well that was a first at least. Handcuffed him in the courtroom before he left into the hallway. That was gratifying to some degree.

Lots of crap down that trail. Garbage mainly. Old broken Mopeds, trash, clothes, appliances. The jungle just eating away at it all every day

I deleted my post because I'd missed so much of the discussion until after it was posted. Pay no attention :)

Cannot be excluded = can be included.

Looks like the DKNY blue jeans are Charli's, if I understand correctly.

Hard to believe Charli could have worn 32/30s. She must have been very narrow hipped and short legged. Wasn't she 5'10"?

How could the blue jeans belong to Charli if she was excluded based on DNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24