GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So this is it. The jury have the case. I wonder how long they will take....

This is rumor to the best of my knowledge.

There was talk of 4 or 5 possible accomplices some time back - so many threads/posts ago, I wouldn't even know where to start looking. Some of you may remember. Peter Tosh?

One of the possible accomplices is deceased - he died in a motorcycle accident. Another was the infamous Matthew McCormick who disappeared and reappeared.

I think an accessory after the fact is possible. However, I am puzzled as to why MPD would not arrest an accessory for his crime.

Does anyone know if Mr Apo is a public defender or did SC pay for his services?

Does anyone know if Mr Apo is a public defender or did SC pay for his services?

He was appointed by the court to represent SC. I don't believe he is regularly a public defender, however. Anyone?

If I was not guilty of a crime I would fight to get on the stand and tell my story. Even if it included ugly parts. But come hell or high water I would want the jury to hear me.

The PD office conflicted out of the case due to some conflict of interest from prior interaction.
When that happens, the court appoints a defense attorney in private practice in that jurisdiction.

If I was not guilty of a crime I would fight to get on the stand and tell my story. Even if it included ugly parts. But come hell or high water I would want the jury to hear me.
many would feel that way, but the traps are too likely to bring the defendant down.

Not only may the innocent defendant get tricked by clever cross into some display of personality that reads badly to the jury, but a lot of questions become fair game that were excluded. Hearsay, prior offenses, suspicious or distasteful habits, etc..

The jury is forbidden to draw a negative conclusion from him not testifying, because all defense attorneys tell their clients not to do so, especially with murder. That would be penalizing a person by convicting him for listening to his counsel.

Also, the defense attorney cannot put a defendant on the stand knowing or expecting he/she will commit perjury. It's called suborning perjury and can cost the attorney disbarment. Lying is all SC does ...

if if you recall, they excluded a witness who had seen him torch a car. If he decided to testify, and he said NO to a question of whether he had ever torched a car, the state could then call that person as a rebuttal witness, bringing the excluded history into the evidence record. Now the jury would know he has done arson before.

This is rumor to the best of my knowledge.

There was talk of 4 or 5 possible accomplices some time back - so many threads/posts ago, I wouldn't even know where to start looking. Some of you may remember. Peter Tosh?

One of the possible accomplices is deceased - he died in a motorcycle accident. Another was the infamous Matthew McCormick who disappeared and reappeared.

I think an accessory after the fact is possible. However, I am puzzled as to why MPD would not arrest an accessory for his crime.
It is indeed a rumor as to whether any of his circle who were looked at by MPD as a potential accomplice were so. The truth is not known by us.

It is a fact that Kim, the lead spokesperson for the family, is promising to reveal something she has not been allowed to say while the trial lasts, involving what "they" did.

it is a fact that Brooke made a very clear implication of the cousin at the same time, which does not make Brooke correct. It does indicate where Kim might be going with her promise of revelations.

It is a fact that in spring of 2014, Kim publically told SC to stop threatening her not to communicate with his cousin, and that Kim said his cousin had approached her in some way wanting to tell her something.

Kim also said that at this time that said cousin "hated Charli" and frequently called C Steven's "crazy ex."

She, the cousin, publicly posted she would be out of cell contact on Wed the 12th because she was going out Hana Highway to search for Charli.

These are just some facts of what was publically said back in 2014, that are of note, that may connect up with whatever Kim plans to announce. I know I am very interested in what the family has to say. The legal process has about run its course. The family naturally still wants to know what was done with Charli and Joshua, above all. I so want them to get to that place.

It is indeed a rumor as to whether any of his circle who were looked at by MPD as a potential accomplice were so. The truth is not known by us.

It is a fact that Kim, the lead spokesperson for the family, is promising to reveal something she has not been allowed to say while the trial lasts, involving what "they" did.

it is a fact that Brooke made a very clear implication of the cousin at the same time, which does not make Brooke correct. It does indicate where Kim might be going with her promise of revelations.

It is a fact that in spring of 2014, Kim publically told SC to stop threatening her not to communicate with his cousin, and that Kim said his cousin had approached her in some way wanting to tell her something.

Kim also said that at this time that said cousin "hated Charli" and frequently called C Steven's "crazy ex."

She, the cousin, publicly posted she would be out of cell contact on Wed the 12th because she was going out Hana Highway to search for Charli.

These are just some facts of what was publically said back in 2014, that are of note, that may connect up with whatever Kim plans to announce. I know I am very interested in what the family has to say. The legal process has about run its course. The family naturally still wants to know what was done with Charli and Joshua, above all. I so want them to get to that place.

Very interesting. Dani probably hated Charli because she was close with her cousin SC and mirrored his opinion of her. Yet... she is talking to Kim in 2014 and wanting to tell her something? She is searching for Charli on Wed. the 12th? That makes no sense. Why would you go help search for someone you "hated"?

I guess we will wait to see what Kim has to say...

Yes, waiting with interest.

PS. Yes, mirroring. Adored him and his dogs, and hated those he hated, makes sense. That's not how my family works, we're pretty independent, but they seemed very tight.

Did you notice the mention of Mario in the closing as someone who could have been looked at by police instead of Steven? I was surprised, pretty left field.

Yes, waiting with interest.

PS. Yes, mirroring. Adored him and his dogs, and hated those he hated, makes sense. That's not how my family works, we're pretty independent, but they seemed very tight.

Did you notice the mention of Mario in the closing as someone who could have been looked at by police instead of Steven? I was surprised, pretty left field.

No, I didn't listen to the defense's closing arguments, nor do I intend to. Mario? LOL! The jury has no idea who Mario is.

The timeline for Sunday night is tight because he had a plan. It's not like he was going to languish in Keanae. He had to put up appearances that everything was normal. Besides, he did go back on other nights to finish up.

As far as the "they", you'd have to be a pretty good friend to assist in murdering a pregnant woman. How do you keep quiet about something like that? It wasn't Danielle. She doesn't come across as the type. Imoo

He had enough time, IMHO as well. If Charli's skirt had pockets, or if she dropped her phone, that last ping could have occurred when the phone battery died, some time after she was brutally murdered. Remember, there was a muddy green cell phone case in SC's 4Runner. He could have retrieved the phone and case on Monday and then discarded the phone. And we know from the insect activity and cell phone records that he just left her there and went back Monday and Tuesday - also Wednesday to throw the searchers off. He leaves Haiku at 8:30. He's in Hana between 9:30 p.m. and 11:30, according to Jennifer Taylor, and using 22056, the west facing tower consistent with his residence by 11:20. Here again are the times according to Google maps:

225 Kalipo Place Haiku to Hana Fire Station - 1 hour 34 min.

Hana Fire station to Nua'ailua Bay - 46 min.

225 Kalipo Place Haiku to Nua'ailua - 49 min.

Hana Fire Station to Jaws -1 hour 41 min.

So, he leaves Haiku @ 8:30, arrives in Nua'ailua around 9:20.
Leaves Nua'ailua around 9:45. Arrives in Hana around 10:45.
Leaves Hana around 11. Arrives Jaws around 12:45.
Leaves Jaws around 12:55. Goes home, changes quickly.
Meets Taylor Farner around 1:30.

Yes, the timeline is tight, but not at all impossible.

Pua, if DS was an after-the-fact accomplice, it would seem she was also an unwitting one because if she had knowledge of what was about to happen, why would she alert people publically that she would be out that way on that particular day with no cell capability?
And I definitely don't understand why MPD didn't look at Mario.
It all seems a bit bumbling. ��

Pua, if DS was an after-the-fact accomplice, it would seem she was also an unwitting one because if she had knowledge of what was about to happen, why would she alert people publically that she would be out that way on that particular day with no cell capability?
And I definitely don't understand why MPD didn't look at Mario.
It all seems a bit bumbling. ��

Why should MPD have looked at Mario? And how do we know that they didn't?

Anyone know if the jury's gone home yet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back