GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, RDS, thanks so much!

My favorite segment of the three is the middle one (41:02
length), and love his analysis of Steven's verbal slips in interviews, starting about 16 min and ending with punch line in minute 19.

"this might be the only time the defendant is telling the truth. Because this is true, he was the last person to see Charli Scott alive. And then he killed her."

A million thanks RDS for transcribing some of Rivera's closing.

I tried watching Akaku youtube and after the first video I ended up watching the employees at Akaku fooling around on camera, despite the title being "Steven Capobianco murder trial, November 29..." I gave up after that and went to bed.

What's on the agenda for court today? Anyone know?

A million thanks RDS for transcribing some of Rivera's closing.

I tried watching Akaku youtube and after the first video I ended up watching the employees at Akaku fooling around on camera, despite the title being "Steven Capobianco murder trial, November 29..." I gave up after that and went to bed.

What's on the agenda for court today? Anyone know?

Defense's closing arguments.

Starting at 5:45 Drew Kaiser said that SC would say he hates her and called Charli an “f-ing *****” Told Cassandra that he didn’t have any feelings for Charli that she was just an “easy lay”. Rivera said that SC did not want that “easy lay” to be connected to him by having his baby.

He tells the police that he’s concerned for Charli’s safety. We know that’s not true because the previous day. Ginseng Mileur said that he was making a lot of mistakes at work. Did he express any concern for Charli or the unborn child, seemed more concerned for himself. Why is he so concerned with himself if he had nothing to do with her murder?

Det. Loo described him as being cold unemotional and standoffish during the police interview.

14:00 “Instead of doing everything he could to help, the defendant was doing everything he could to prevent others from finding out what he did to Charli. He wanted to make sure that nobody was going to go down in that area and find Charli’s body.”

14:40 Telling lie after lie, after lie, after lie, it’s so hard to keep them straight… And the defendant does slip up. There are times when the defendant, even before anyone knows Charli is dead and everyone is using the present tense because they’re hoping to find her, he slips up and he uses the past tense. Inf fact, he is interviewed at the police station and he is asked about Charli’s pregnancy. The defendant’s response is, “I would have been all for it…and not a second later he catches himself, and he tells the detective, “I was all for it.”

[video=youtube;gI6tcB9qNgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6tcB9qNgQ&index=127&list=PLR2JAGZzf3U2CiHThmPc3gSNzvRX1LLZL[/video]

I thought Rivera made some strong points in his closing arguments. I didn't listen to all of it, but I was disappointed that he didn't include any of Taylor Farner's testimony, which I thought was crucial. She testified that he hated kids and told her that if she should become pregnant, he expected her to have an abortion, for one thing. And she met with him the morning after he murdered Charli. She testified as to his demeanor and that he was hiding his hands. Maybe I missed this in Rivera's closing or maybe he is saving it for the very end. Oh, and the "stuck truck" story evolved from an earlier incident with his other truck when Taylor was with him on his birthday. And Taylor testified that he stayed in the truck because he would not just leave it there. Important testimony!

Kapua, he did include a long thorough section on how SC would not leave his truck when stuck with Taylor. He did not so far mention the hated kid's testimony.

He spent time on SC never showing affection for Charli, and on how SC was capable of showing affection, saying I Love You and taking photos with GF with Cass.

He he made a lot of SC telling the police he did not learn of the pregnancy until a month before, and methodically went over the Planned Parenthood episode and Fiona's call to him and his reaction of panic.

He focused a lot on exposing Steven's lies.

I do wish he had, after portraying how SC hated Charli and though of her as nothing, that he had spent a little on the tremendous caring for Charli from family and community, to show how it was Steven and his unique problem with Charli and not that she was the kind of person people disdained in general.

Its important to me that Rivera pointed out that Capobianco never told Loo he met with Planned Parenthood with Charli. He acted like it was all a big surprise.

Loio, there are three segments archived from yesterday, all solid Rivera, about 40 min average and two hours total. Well worth listening to.

Its important to me that Rivera pointed out that Capobianco never told Loo he met with Planned Parenthood with Charli. He acted like it was all a big surprise.

I remember thinking at the time that it was odd that he was playing like he just heard about the pregnancy recently (in his police interviews).

I just finished listening to the entire closing argument of the prosecution. I think Rivera did a good job. The evidence is there, IMHO, and any thinking person would draw the conclusion that SC is guilty, again IMHO.

Where did he drag her? Where are they Steven?!?!

Rivera needs to learn some basic techniques. Pauses for effect, raising and lowering his voice as well, and some cadence. I would hate to think this trial lost because of style rather than substance.

Apo is just attacking the credibility of witnesses trying to prove the State did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt. He is not saying his client is innocent or presented a defense.

Remind me the direction of the trail he drug her. Was it towards the creek or ocean or towards a parked car on the path. I don't remember this being talked about as an actual trail with a direction.

Rivera needs to learn some basic techniques. Pauses for effect, raising and lowering his voice as well, and some cadence. I would hate to think this trial lost because of style rather than substance.

I agree that he could improve his technique. But I honestly don't see him losing this case.

Remind me the direction of the trail he drug her. Was it towards the creek or ocean or towards a parked car on the path. I don't remember this being talked about as an actual trail with a direction.

I am not sure about the direction. But here's the thing. He wanted to get rid of the bodies and he was very, very close to the ocean. What would be the easiest way that would be the least risky? Do you see him driving on the highway with corpses in his precious vehicle? With a revoked license due to a DUI? And remember the cuts in the tree? I am not 100% sure, but my #1 theory has always been ocean, just due to the proximity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back