GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't seen anything and I've been checking all the Hawaii news channels like crazy. This is Maui, so I would think they all would have been going home around five if not earlier.

I haven't seen anything and I've been checking all the Hawaii news channels like crazy. This is Maui, so I would think they all would have been going home around five if not earlier.

Thanks, I had no clue how long the judge would let them deliberate if they wanted to stay later.

Thanks, I had no clue how long the judge would let them deliberate if they wanted to stay later.

I'm not 100%, I'm just basing it off how things are on Maui. I also heard that one of the jurors is pregnant and pretty far along. I feel for her. What a horrible trial to be on while pregnant. The fact that this involved the murder of a pregnant woman and the fact that it has been going on forever. I can't even imagine trying to stay awake in court while pregnant.

I'm not 100%, I'm just basing it off how things are on Maui. I also heard that one of the jurors is pregnant and pretty far along. I feel for her. What a horrible trial to be on while pregnant. The fact that this involved the murder of a pregnant woman and the fact that it has been going on forever. I can't even imagine trying to stay awake in court while pregnant.

She might sway the jury. I didnt know there was a pregnant juror! I think Rivera did his best work at this finale. He seemed more animated and I believe that caught Apo off guard.

None of the female jurors looked pregnant but now I'm curious as to which one.

Was there ever any info on what Charli's last text from SC actually said? Did he REALLY say drive me to the Y-Camp to pick up my car? Is that why Rivera sticks with that story?

Also something I always think about is Cass testified that SC skyped from his phone. So skyping and texting from the same iphone device is not supported unless he was toggling between apps/screens, which I think would be annoying for Cass after a while. However even in typing that I realized that given she knew her boyfriend sold pot, she was probably used to the frequent interruptions. But I wonder if he was really texting Charli all day, scheming with her for a getaway. I think he texted her late in the day otherwise what would prevent her from excitedly telling baby sister or the Kaiser bros. that SC wanted to see her? No, it's safer to just get her onboard with his scheme at the last minute, if she did indeed drive to Kalipo.

I personally don't think she drove to see him because after working all day, cutting hair, driving folks around and celebrating at Brooke's... baby girl was tired and wanted to go home. Besides, if Brooke is to be believed, and I think she should be, there is no way in the world Charli got back in a car with SC after he pulled that kidnapping stunt in January.

I have not had a chance to watch the closing arguments. Did Rivera give a story on what they believe happened and paint a visual picture for the jury tying it all together?

Apo said that the real reason that SC and Charli went to Keanae was to make a pakalolo run, and that SC could hardly tell police that. But he never gave an explanation for why SC admitted to being with Charli at all that night! That's still a mystery. He didn't need to make up the stuck truck story. He could have said, "No, haven't seen her for weeks, don't know where she could be."

Did Rivera do a follow-up argument yesterday?

He did. Here is the link....

[video=youtube;ZuRo4BynRLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuRo4BynRLU[/video]

“What [the State] is asking you to do, ladies and gentlemen, is convict the one person in the world, who has the same DNA markers, and one–that person knew Charli Scott, and who had the same DNA markers; and he impregnated Charli Scott, and who had the same DNA markers; and he lied about how he found out Charli was pregnant; and that same person with the same DNA markers lied about injuries to his hands on the night Charli is murdered; and that same person with that same DNA markers who by their own phone records uses their phone on Maui 99% of the time in a place other than the Nua’ailua area; and of the 1% of the time that person with the same DNA markers would have used his phone in the Nua’ailua area,” said Rivera.

“Not only that, in the 1% of the time that that person with the same DNA markers used his phone in that 1% of the time in Nua’ailua, it happened to be when Charli is murdered, when her body is covered with her own blanket. And by the way, when Charli was covered, she was wrapped in her own blanket for a short time being, that became her temporary grave. And the person with the same DNA markers that returned the next day, and was there just before the second onset of maggot activity. That’s what the state is asking you to do. And there’s only one person in the world who fits that description,”‘ said Rivera.

Nice job, Rivera. This is what the past 7 months have been leading to.
And mahalo nui once again to Wendy Osher at Maui Now for her dedication and long, informative articles.

Waiting for the guilty verdict to be returned.

http://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2016/12/his-fate-in-jurys-hands/

The jury will not consider lesser-included offenses to murder, but they can consider lesser-included convictions for the arson charge. The murder charge carries a sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole.

However if convicted, the prosecution has said it will seek an extended sentence of life in prison without parole.

-------------

Kimberlyn Scott, Charli Scott’s mother who resides on Maui, said she hopes jurors will bring justice for her daughter. Kimberlyn Scott said she still is searching for Charli and Charli’s unborn son around Honomanu Bay.

“All I think of every time I go out there is how much I have to go through to find her,” Kimberlyn Scott said. “This is the rest of my life. I’m searching for her. I’m out there almost every weekend of the month. She’s still missing and every day that goes by, my grandson’s bones are melting into nothing.”

Mahalo to the Maui News writers, particularly Lila Fujimoto, for their trial coverage.

I wonder if we will have a verdict today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://mauinow.com/2016/12/02/capobianco-trial-rebuttal-concludes-deliberations-commence/

"Holding the jawbone in a plastic bag, Rivera addressed the jury and said, “If you’re going to buy the pig story, you’re going to have to believe that the pig tiptoed in there, didn’t disrupt anything, pulled out a steak knife and made these cuts,”"

Thank you Rivera.
lol, and then he pointed out that pigs don't have thumbs so can't use steak knives, and they don't have steak knives anyway.

Having personally observed the damage Wild pigs do when they feed, and what they feed on, for years and on a daily basis, around my own house, I think Apo and his "expert" were absolutely off base, and their theory deserved any mockery Rivera gave it.

I've never seen a pig eating something dead, not a mongoose or a chicken, of which there were hundreds to go after. Nor did they chase my cats, or me.

They spend day and night seeking out nuts like palm nuts, roots and tubers, grubs in the soil, and they turn the ground into muddy soup. You will see plants falling over because they dug around the base and took out the support. You can't miss the damage they do in just one feeding session.
Tiptoe around they do not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back