His Honor Judge Perry *Merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually didn't care for him comparing this case to that of OJ's.

Just out of curiosity, why? I think the only reason he said that was to try to get across the shear magnitude of the press coverage on this case.

As for me, I have the utmost respect for Judge Perry. I love him and think he is tough, but fair. I think that the way he is running the pre-trial stuff (and the trial, eventually) will keep the chances of a successful appeal at practically zero chance.

Judge Perry may be the most capable, knowledgble and honorable judge I have ever seen. I am totally convinced that if he had not personally taken over this case, it would be at least 1 - 1 1/2 more years before this went before a jury.

Respectfully snipped. I couldn't agree with you more. As much as I loved Judge Strickland, I think this case needed a tougher Judge, which is exactly what Judge Perry is, IMO. Tougher, but still fair.

Simply put, Judge Perry is "BRILLIANT"! His rationale is totally on point. As much as we want to "know everything", he is right. The media wants to be the first with information, even if it is not accurate and it's to everyone's detriment. He is going over this jury selection process with a fine tooth comb.

What I am constantly disgusted and am amazed by is the fact that KC knows what she did, but will still allow her family to possibly lose everything they own to support her murderous a%$! She knows what she did, but will allow Orange County to spend almost a million dollars to defend her, where any other defendant in her position would have to make due with what they can afford!

The fake crocodile tears are for herself. I am convinced that one day, as she sits on death row, this despicable, vapid sociopath will realize what she has done and the destruction of lives she has caused. Only a true psychopath could live with what they've done and act like it's OK!

I think when his whole "argument" to the media atty is taken in context,"this case is bigger than OJ." I did not take any offense to his statement,and I don't think any one else should. When OJ was tried,the internet was not what it is today,nor do you have the "sunshine laws' in Calif,that are in Fla. I took this comparison to put into perspective what this trial has become. I truly admire this man,who is a very hard working judge,(he himself says he works late almost every night) and stated that he was working Good Friday.I know that he has to be tired. In an article I read it stated that his family is very concerned for his health with this trial,and when you work hard and you get a bunch of people coming in trying to disrupt what you have worked hard for it can be disheartening. I really don't think he meant any disrespect to Nicole or Ron of the OJ trial, just was trying to explain the magnitude of this case. JMHO:innocent:

Judge Perry may be the most capable, knowledgble and honorable judge I have ever seen. I am totally convinced that if he had not personally taken over this case, it would be at least 1 - 1 1/2 more years before this went before a jury. And then I fear it would be ripe with appellate issues. I respect him more every time he opens his mouth. This man suffers no fools, while remaining a fair judge. I completely understand why his record is near perfect.

This is good for everyone. The State of Florida AND Casey Anthony. He is doing everything he can to protect her due process rights.

ITA! I'm very impressed with HHMP! He was in top form during Monday's hearing, citing cases that the media attorney was not acquainted with. His knowledge of the media attention in this case shows he's been busy doing his homework. I have no doubt that Judge Perry is closing the doors to issues for appeal and is doing his best to protect Casey's right to a fair trial.

I am very impressed. He has one thing in mind, and one thing only - that ICA gets a fair trial so there is no appeal, no mistrial, no hung jury. I have very strong faith in him.

MOO

Mel

Judge Perry may be the most capable, knowledgble and honorable judge I have ever seen. I am totally convinced that if he had not personally taken over this case, it would be at least 1 - 1 1/2 more years before this went before a jury. And then I fear it would be ripe with appellate issues. I respect him more every time he opens his mouth. This man suffers no fools, while remaining a fair judge. I completely understand why his record is near perfect.

This is good for everyone. The State of Florida AND Casey Anthony. He is doing everything he can to protect her due process rights.

'Beach ITA with you. While I work for a Federal Judge, she is every bit as awesome and dedicated to her job as HHJP seems to be. He is in complete control. Yes he was very stern at Monday's hearings, but if he is anything like my judge, he can see through the BS to the very end, always keeping that in mind.

I am very impressed. He has one thing in mind, and one thing only - that ICA gets a fair trial so there is no appeal, no mistrial, no hung jury. I have very strong faith in him.

MOO

Mel

IMO, the only appeal with this Judge ICA will be entitled to will be given if she gets the DP and we know she doesn't want it that bad. Sorry, even the almighty HHJP can't prevent a hung jury or mistrial due to the jury not reaching a verdict. What he has done to help that along is allowed some top notch prosecutors some very damaging evidence to come in that they too can trust won't be overturned on appeal. What a fitting team of professionals imo in the pursuit of justice for Caylee.

JMO, BUT...

I'm thinking *maybe* ONE of the reasons, along with everyone deserving a fair trial, that the JP specified this so much is because he pretty much already knows how this will end up and is trying to soften the final blow.

Simply put, Judge Perry is "BRILLIANT"! His rationale is totally on point. As much as we want to "know everything", he is right. The media wants to be the first with information, even if it is not accurate and it's to everyone's detriment. He is going over this jury selection process with a fine tooth comb.

What I am constantly disgusted and am amazed by is the fact that KC knows what she did, but will still allow her family to possibly lose everything they own to support her murderous a%$! She knows what she did, but will allow Orange County to spend almost a million dollars to defend her, where any other defendant in her position would have to make due with what they can afford!

The fake crocodile tears are for herself. I am convinced that one day, as she sits on death row, this despicable, vapid sociopath will realize what she has done and the destruction of lives she has caused. Only a true psychopath could live with what they've done and act like it's OK!

Bold mine.
They are NOT going to lose a durn tootin thing. If anything they have gained. We know of the $20,000. We know of the boat. The only thing they have lost is a precious grand daughter, and yet they support the very one that took her from them. They are not contributing to her defense. the state of Florida is.

Tulessa, I thought that at the beginning of this case, when CA & GA "really" thought that there was a kidnapping, they mortgaged their home to get KC bailed out of jail.

They've had a series of attorneys since the inception of this case and I don't believe ALL of them worked pro-bono, did they?

For the greater part of this case, neither CA nor GA have worked. Wasn't their house in foreclosure too?

Of course these bottom dwellers ultimately sold out their own grandchild for cruises, televised appearances, photo rights, etc., but the point that I'm trying to make is that, KC doesn't care...she did the same thing!

I couldn't imagine allowing my parents to put their house up for me if I knew that I had killed my child. I can't imagine allowing the state and it's taxpayers of the state that I reside in to spend money on my defense when I know that I committed the crime that I was accused of.

I bet there is not another Judge in the U.S. that would trade places with Judge Perry right now. IMO

Judge Perry has got this all under control...he is the man!!!

I agree with you. OJ tried now would be out of this world. Back in '95, the internet was not what it is today. We had to rely on court tv to hear anything. There would be no comparison if we OJ was tried now it would be the trial of the millennium.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6448086&postcount=17"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.05.06 Twitter thread (MSM tweets ONLY) ***NO DISCUSSSION HERE PLEASE***[/ame]

Just the fact that the media are still questioning the exact location for jury selection (despite rampant rumors and speculation) at this late hour, tells me HHJP has done a remarkable job of keeping this under wraps. Jury Selection slated in less than 24 hours!:woohoo:

I love watching him in action. He knows case law, realizes decisions he is making could affect not only this case but cases for generations to come.

He is not arrogant and realizes it is not all about him and he doesn't live in a bubble.

You think he could ever make it to the supreme court.

Oh, and by the way folks if you think for a minute he just made a blatant boo-boo...close your mouth sit back and watch cause this man is smarter than the average bear.

Looking forward to the trial!!! Looking forward to this man reading ICA her sentence.

And maybe he will have a word or two for her attorneys

I love the man!! I think he is very smart and fair. I also think he's a people person based on jury selection yesterday. :)

I definitely saw the reputation he has for being a 'no-nonsense' judge yesterday when he was reading the charges and indictment to the jury pool. I wouldn't want to be a defendant in his courtroom.....but I'm very pleased he is presiding over this trial. He will do everything in his power to see that KC receives a fair trial, but he will also see that sweet Caylee receives her justice. Thank you, HHJP, for continuing to read out Caylee's name yesterday ~ SHE is the one we're here for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member