His Honor Judge Perry *Merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sooooo glad that Judge Perry is on this case! :great::great:

He exhibited today more than ever before that he is interested in a fair trial, and the law. He is not interested in shenanigans, or game playing by ANYONE!

:blowkiss:

:yourock:

:bowdown:

I lioved watching HHJP at the hearing today. He made it clear that the law is going to be followed and ICA WILL be given a chance at a fair trial. He knows that his decisions are sound and challenges the attorneys before him to read ALL of the law concerning a point, not just the ones that support their own view. Love, love, love HHJP! So glad he is at the helm of the S.S. Caylee Marie!!

He is an honorable man and a fine no nonsense judge in my opinion.

HCJBP's 30yrs in this field shines brightly like a beacon for all to see that he values Fairness and Justice!

Justice for Caylee!......Woot!

I lioved watching HHJP at the hearing today. He made it clear that the law is going to be followed and ICA WILL be given a chance at a fair trial. He knows that his decisions are sound and challenges the attorneys before him to read ALL of the law concerning a point, not just the ones that support their own view. Love, love, love HHJP! So glad he is at the helm of the S.S. Caylee Marie!!

The whole media challenge could have been avoided had they understood it did not prevent them from finding out by other means and broadcasting it. She admitted that was not clear to her in the agreement. Then he schooled her how it could be done to please everyone without jeopardizing ICA's fair trial rights. Just as he is constantly schooling the defense. Hint, hint. I can't recall an instance where HHJP has had to school the SA's yet. Smacking JA was deserved and he knew better. Having so much experience, intelligence, legal knowledge, a bad temper and JB explains that for me. A side note, I think he'll be fine in front of a jury at trial or end up bankrupt, have a stroke and jeopardize a conviction. TeeHee :)

If ICA's trial isn't fair then justice for Caylee is lost. I think Caylee and Caylee alone is at the very heart of every single decision HHJP makes. He wants justice for this baby as badly as we do. Let ICA believe that HHJP has only her best interest at heart...little does she know that what is in her best interest, is also in the best interest of justice for Caylee.
I have the greatest respect for HHJP and I believe he is going to do whatever is necessary to make sure, that when the death sentence is handed down to ICA, it can and will be enforced and carried out without legal ramification or delay.
Our little Caylee has stolen this grandpa Judges heart too folks...how could she not.

HCJBP's 30yrs in this field shines brightly like a beacon for all to see that he values Fairness and Justice!

Justice for Caylee!......Woot!

With the patience of a saint. Ever wonder how he refrains from saying; look fool, why don't you just do this? Like with the media issue today? He has to word so carefully in a way to suggest what they can do instead. Problem is with the defense JB isn't usually smart enough to grasp it. IMO CM is his babysitter thanks to JP. They know she will be convicted.

Judge Perry is simply amazing. He knows how and when to tread lightly. And as we saw today, he knows how and when to pull out the big guns. And I suspect we ain't seen nothing yet! This trial is going to be fascinating. Justice for Caylee Marie is coming soon.

What's a word for more awesomer than ever? Now - today - we saw the real CJBP - he didn't get to where he is today by being unformed and a pushover.

Today was an awesome show of strength and intelligence. As much as I loved "Stan The Man" I'll be forever grateful CJBP took over this trial!

BBM...then you must be patient as well, because I would opt for a shock collar, exploding pen, electric defense table etc...!

KC said it herself, JB thinks this will end in a mistrial.....I suspect HHJP would disagree.

I'm leaning in the direction of shock, every time he says something dumb, It could replace the red bull and keep his attention on the case at hand and not smirking and smiling at his client...

I think HHJP is going to be getting much tougher from now on, truly a no nonsense judge.

Maybe I am misunderstanding things but he seemed highly irritated about the fact that this case has generated so much interest ; he commented negatively about local media using 'Legal Analysts' - he asked the media Attorney several times if she realized that they all had one - I'm sure she wasn't too aware since she is not a local-then he goes on to comment that local media have their websites devoted to comments/ publishing every detail of every document in this case..
I don't know why that angered him so much, like it caused him extra work, or ICA had to get special considerations because of it.

Maybe I am misunderstanding things but he seemed highly irritated about the fact that this case has generated so much interest ; he commented negatively about local media using 'Legal Analysts' - he asked the media Attorney several times if she realized that they all had one - I'm sure she wasn't too aware since she is not a local-then he goes on to comment that local media have their websites devoted to comments/ publishing every detail of every document in this case..
I don't know why that angered him so much, like it caused him extra work, or ICA had to get special considerations because of it.

Disgusted, irritated, I think that his main concern is seeing that justice is done and that ICA's rights aren't violated and this motion was such a petty one. "W can't seem to figure out where you are going on our own so you should tell us RIGHT NOW. We don't want to wait until that morning and go."

If they should find out and go to wherever it is they aren't going to be actually reporting on the news but will be creating it instead.

I haven't watched many hearings because of time but I already had a ton of respect for Judge Perry. Watching the hearing today just compounded that. He is extremely dedicated I believe.

Oh and it did cause him extra work, extra work that took extra time that he may have needed to research other issues such as the how much of Dr. Vass' testimony will he allow. That's hugely more important than if the press is going to find out where jury selection will be this week or the day of that it starts.

Bet the Defense Team is awfully sorry today that they had Judge Strickland recuse himself!!! They went judge shopping and lost the bet!

By the time the press goes thru this process of appeal it will be Monday, again. What makes the media so sure the public wants to know if it would cause a delay in the trial? All I can think of is the media revealing the location and 200 people who were suppose to report for jury duty call out sick.

I believe the judge knows what he is doing. What is scary is that the media attorney is saying that the right for the media to know is more important than someone's life. jmo

I think the talk of delaying the trial was a threat to the Media Atty to put her off pursuing this any further. They are all ready to file an appeal so that didn't work.
I am on the Media side this time. :innocent:
I have seen commented by Judge Eaton that an appeal can be heard in a matter of a few hours, so that won't cause a delay in itself..

I'd think that HHJP also has the safety of prospective jurors in mind. If the media prematurely broadcasts the location of the jury pool, then not only will a billion cameras descend upon the citizens there, but likely some of the twinkadoo protestors we've seen in the past (of either persuasion). None of these people or their families need to be tracked down and harassed or get death threats or any other invasion of their privacy. There are limitations to the Sunshine Law and whether it is done to eliminate yet another appealable issue or to protect collateral damage of innocent parties, I'm all for it. It's not like any protective amendments for the press are being denied, it's just that the court itself is not mandated to feed them information they can find out on their own and broadcast. I can only imagine what the DT would file if they could accuse the court of interfering with a defendant's right to a fair trial by media pandering. This ain't Judge Ito, and imo we should all be grateful.

What's a word for more awesomer than ever? Now - today - we saw the real CJBP - he didn't get to where he is today by being unformed and a pushover.

Today was an awesome show of strength and intelligence. As much as I loved "Stan The Man" I'll be forever grateful CJBP took over this trial!

Yes, logicalgirl, and it makes me dread reacclimating to Judge Jose Rodriguez in the civil case. Now that will be a shock to my system.

By the time the press goes thru this process of appeal it will be Monday, again. What makes the media so sure the public wants to know if it would cause a delay in the trial? All I can think of is the media revealing the location and 200 people who were suppose to report for jury duty call out sick.

I believe the judge knows what he is doing. What is scary is that the media attorney is saying that the right for the media to know is more important than someone's life. jmo

Pretty much everything is more important than KC's life, IMO.

Judge Perry may be the most capable, knowledgble and honorable judge I have ever seen. I am totally convinced that if he had not personally taken over this case, it would be at least 1 - 1 1/2 more years before this went before a jury. And then I fear it would be ripe with appellate issues. I respect him more every time he opens his mouth. This man suffers no fools, while remaining a fair judge. I completely understand why his record is near perfect.

This is good for everyone. The State of Florida AND Casey Anthony. He is doing everything he can to protect her due process rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove