Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question: Dylan Adams said that he raped Holly. How do they know that for sure?

Forgive me for commenting since I haven't followed this case very deeply.

If this guy committed suicide and he was an innocent victim of this horrible crime, then he/Holly are together in Heaven with the angels where no more harm can come to them.

But if this guy is guilty, then what he's experiencing right now in Hell is beyond anything a trial/sentencing/prison could inflict.

RIP Holly.

I find it interesting that his attorney is making this announcement and not LE. Did he have his attorney's name and card with him? Why was he notified from an out of state location?

His level of involvement of Holly's demise will probably now never be known, but he had at least knowledge and possible cover up. Not to mention keeping it secret for almost three years. For all that he will have to face a Judgment that will not only be outside TN judicial but no politics to blur the lines.

I do hope that the others do not use this as the opportunity to blame it all on him as he cannot defend himself and could be the "fall guy".

JMO's

1st BBM: This is JMO but maybe Shayne's family asked the attorney to notify the media ?

Again JMO, but I don't see LE making this type of announcement -- considering the way this case has been handled.

2nd BBM: That is a really good point ! And it would be so easy to do this to argue "reasonable doubt" !

I have a question: Dylan Adams said that he raped Holly. How do they know that for sure?

We don't know the answer to this. It could have been solely based on his alleged confession. Lots of things we don't know at this point.

Supposedly, Dylan stated this to 2 tbi agents.

But when he went to court, he pled "not guilty" -- probably advised by his defense attorney to do this -- just in case.

Sorry I don't have the links handy, but I think it is somewhere near the beginning to middle of this thread.

I hope that helped !

:)

This trial, if it ever happens, is going to be a hot mess.

aw jeez. I did not see this coming. Perhaps I should have. Wasn't SA the one who had a brief (then retracted) immunity deal for turning states evidence against brother Jason?

Very sad if it turns out TBI is full of chit and has and never did have any case against this guy.

Yup. They retracted it because he wasn't being truthful in his statements. He then turned around and sued them over the retraction.

Just when I think this case can't get any more scrambled and weird, it does. A million conflicting ideas on the case, that arise from this event ...
1 starting with the certainty (or not) of whether it was self-inflicted
2 whether it was due to feelings of persecution/despair, or of guilt
3 whether it was caused by LE doing him wrong and ruining his life, or not
4 whether it hurts the trial vs the others, or not

More confusing than ever, that part I am sure of.

or....if someone was threatening him and he felt it was a valid threat...

I find it interesting that his attorney is making this announcement and not LE. Did he have his attorney's name and card with him? Why was he notified from an out of state location? His level of involvement of Holly's demise will probably now never be known, but he had at least knowledge and possible cover up. Not to mention keeping it secret for almost three years. For all that he will have to face a Judgment that will not only be outside TN judicial but no politics to blur the lines.

I do hope that the others do not use this as the opportunity to blame it all on him as he cannot defend himself and could be the "fall guy".

JMO's

I'm wondering if his Attorney will go ahead and spill all that Shayne told and the agreement that seemed to fail so miserably. He would have no reason not too, unless for his family's sake.

I'm telling you what, I blame LE, TBI, the DA, all of them for the way this is being handled.

Just my opinion, but if he did leave a note, I'd almost bet my last dollar that the TBI will have it and we may never see it. Unless he was with family in another state, and they have it.

NC5_NickBeres I've been in touch with Shayne Austin's aunt who confirms he killed himself. Of course, I'm sure more evidence of his death -- mainly a body -- will surface in the coming days. I highly doubt he's on the run.

https://www.facebook.com/NC5NickBeres?ref=br_tf

a little conversation that Nick is having on his fb page, seems a few people are questioning this.

Well, we may not know what is going on with Austin's death, but Fletcher Long is aware...

One suspect named in connection with the Holly Bobo case has been found been dead of an apparent suicide, according to defense attorneys.

Shayne Austin, who was never indicted in the case, committed suicide out of state, according to Fletcher Long, a defense attorney for one of two men charged with killing Bobo.

Austin’s attorney, Luke Evans, said the suicide had occurred “very recently.” Evans said he could not say when or where, only that it happened out of state.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/Suspect-Connected-To-Bobo-Murder-Case-Found-Dead-293746141.html

"A key witness in the case against nursing student Holly Bobo's accused killers has been found dead.

Lawyers for Shayne Austin said Wednesday that the Tennessee man who'd once been offered immunity in exchange for his testimony against Zach Adams and Jason Autry killed himself somewhere outside the state.

According to Austin's lawyer Luke Evans, the offer of immunity had been rescinded at some point since Austin first made the agreement last March.

Prosecutors took back the offer allegedly after discovering that Austin had not been untruthful and uncooperative.

'It's unfortunate the government came in and made allegations without basis. People had to live with those allegations,' Evans told WSMV. 'Mr. Austin's position was that he was immune not just from being convicted of a crime, but charged with a crime."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...prosecutors-offer-immunity.html#ixzz3ScvkS3Dz

At the risk of taking a jump on a conspiracy bandwagon...is this the type of story they would put out there if someone went into witness protection?

If he did take his life, I hope it was out of guilt and he left a confession letter stating what he knew, because, if it was out of unwarranted pressure from LE/TBI/prosecutors that would be terrible and only add to the tragedy of this case.

Yup. They retracted it because he wasn't being truthful in his statements. He then turned around and sued them over the retraction.

To be fair - they retracted it because THEY SAID (without offering any proof to anyone, anywhere, in any way) that he hadn't been truthful. We still have no evidence that he told anything other than the full truth, and they certainly never charged him with any crime even though claiming like they were about to. (Felt like BS to me)

Jesus Christ man, WTH is going on with this case? What a mess.

I am willing to bet money at this point that we are going to see the prosecution drop the charges and let the Adams brothers (and the other men they have in custody) go. Between the TBI and DA's office drama, the fact that they apparently don't have much evidence, and now the death of one of their key witnesses, the case is such a mess that I don't see it moving forward anytime soon.

I'm also willing to bet this whole thing is going to become the subject of conspiracy theories for months - possibly years - to come.

My condolences to Austin's family and friends.

"A key witness in the case against nursing student Holly Bobo's accused killers has been found dead.

Lawyers for Shayne Austin said Wednesday that the Tennessee man who'd once been offered immunity in exchange for his testimony against Zach Adams and Jason Autry killed himself somewhere outside the state.

According to Austin's lawyer Luke Evans, the offer of immunity had been rescinded at some point since Austin first made the agreement last March.

Prosecutors took back the offer allegedly after discovering that Austin had not been untruthful and uncooperative.

'It's unfortunate the government came in and made allegations without basis. People had to live with those allegations,' Evans told WSMV. 'Mr. Austin's position was that he was immune not just from being convicted of a crime, but charged with a crime."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...prosecutors-offer-immunity.html#ixzz3ScvkS3Dz
Is this for real? It's hard for me to follow Holly's "case" anymore. It's like real life nightmare.

I feel so badly for the many victims in this, as their lives are forever altered.

Rest in Peace, dear Holly. [emoji20]

They shouldn't have threatened his immunity deal until after the trial. They showed there hand too soon and it hasn't even gone to trial yet. The D.A was too quick to pull his deal. I hope they have more witnesses willing to testify.

Suspect, key witness in Holly Bobo murder found dead
Posted: Feb 23, 2015 3:40 PM Updated: Feb 23, 2015 8:24 PM

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/28180498/suspect-key-witness-in-holly-bobo-murder-found-dead#ixzz3Sd9Ns1vu

This is a reporters fb (newschannel5). In the comments Larry Stone, one of the ginseng hunters is commenting. All kinds of theories flying around. MSM is tweeting away. Would like to know when this happened. One article I read said "recently".

Suspect, key witness in Holly Bobo murder found dead
Posted: Feb 23, 2015 3:40 PM Updated: Feb 23, 2015 8:24 PM

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/28180498/suspect-key-witness-in-holly-bobo-murder-found-dead#ixzz3Sd9Ns1vu

This is a reporters fb (newschannel5). In the comments Larry Stone, one of the ginseng hunters is commenting. All kinds of theories flying around. MSM is tweeting away. Would like to know when this happened. One article I read said "recently".

I was reading all those comments, and one said this happened in Florida but Nick didn't confirm that either.
Alot of nastiness going on.

This whole thing stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members