Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW ... now this raised my hinky meter a couple of levels ... I was thinking "gunshot" but a "hanging" ... hmmm

JMO but much easier to disguise a "hanging" as "suicide" then a "gun."

:seeya: And thanks Bali, for this update.

NP! I don't really think it was anything but a suicide though. I can't even imagine the emotional pit I'd be in if I was facing homicide charges, everyone in town thinks I'm a murderer, to try to save myself, I had just narc'd on my best friends (whether or not they were involved). His future is this:

1. Either the other guys are all convicted, he's free, but they hate him, and the rest of the town hates him. Everyone in his life thinks he's a murderer.

or

2. The guys aren't convicted, but now he has to sleep with one eye open because of what he did. He gave incriminating testimony against his best friends. They hate him and everyone in town either thinks he's a liar or a murderer. Or both.

or

3. He loses his lawsuit and he spends the rest of his life in prison.

Not exactly a good set of options. He looked at his future and saw nothing but pain.

What else could it be? Are you saying it might not be related or that it might not be Holly's scream? If it happened in a different time frame, I'd say it might not be related, but it's awfully coincidental that the neighbor hears a scream and she just happens to be abducted in that time frame. I'm not sure what the distance is, but if you live rurally and aren't hearing all of the city traffic, noise travels really far. I grew up on a farm and you can hear dogs barking a mile away, train tracks two miles away, etc. A scream would travel.

I understand what you're saying. But I still consider the scream as somewhere between "iffy" and "misleading" when depended on and used as if it's a known quantity. To the extend it stopped looking in a different direction, I'd look in that different direction.

NP! I don't really think it was anything but a suicide though. I can't even imagine the emotional pit I'd be in if I was facing homicide charges, everyone in town thinks I'm a murderer, to try to save myself, I had just narc'd on my best friends (whether or not they were involved). His future is this:

1. Either the other guys are all convicted, he's free, but they hate him, and the rest of the town hates him. Everyone in his life thinks he's a murderer.

or

2. The guys aren't convicted, but now he has to sleep with one eye open because of what he did. He gave incriminating testimony against his best friends. They hate him and everyone in town either thinks he's a liar or a murderer. Or both.

or

3. He loses his lawsuit and he spends the rest of his life in prison.

Not exactly a good set of options. He looked at his future and saw nothing but pain.
But he hadn't been arrested. He didn't even know if the case will go to trial. If he was working in FL, had he planned on permanently relocating there or was he only travelling for his job?

In response to your points 1&2, he could always start a new life elsewhere. I thought it sounded like that's what he intended to do in FL but hadn't found a permanent residence yet. If ZA, DA & JA were convicted, how would that affect SA if he were living far away from Darden/Parsons where the case would be relatively unknown? Even if ZA, DA & JA went free, would they risk losing their freedom by hunting down and harming SA, especially since he apparently hadn't been cooperative with investigators so didn't pose a threat to them?

Why did SA choose to kill himself when he did? Was the job not going well? Could he not find adequate housing? Did he lose his job which meant returning to TN and the scrutiny of all? Or, had LE visited him lately, asking more questions and pressuring him for answers? Did SA have reason to think he was about to be arrested?

I'm not saying that I don't think suicide is likely; I'm just saying there's probably more behind his death. MOO

I do not think that is unusual, if they had a bad break-up, or if he even vaguely resembled what Clint was describing.

Clu, the ex isn't even in the picture. That's why I don't understand your theory. Are you suggesting the A-train have connections with the ex? And what ex are we talking about? She may have had many. If the theory is revenge, wouldn't it make more sense they'd be looking for Drew (current BF) or Clint? Remember the phone calls to Drew's phone?

They wouldn't. They weren't looking for him there. But it's possible they thought she might know where he was or that they could take her and use her as bait for him to pay up or whatever. Sort of the same situation as the Jesse James Hollywood situation. They took the guy's brother so he'd pay the drug debt, held him for a few days, when the threats didn't work, they killed the brother.

Again, the more plausible theory would be if they were after Drew or Clint. Not an ex. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I've always wondered if what the neighbor heard, which was later identified as a scream by Holly, was instead something else entirely.

The neighbors lived a LONG way away - this was not a residential neighborhood development with one house relatively close to another.

If it wasn't actually Holly, does that change the possibilities?

IIRC, he specifically said the scream (s) came from the Bobo home. I don't recall how far apart the houses are but he was concerned enough to tell his mom to go check on the Bobos.

:seeya: n/t - yes, I remember those posts (from day 1)! Good to see you're here... Something the way this case has turned into a mess!

:seeya: Good to be back. It was a mess from the minute she was taken and it appears it's just gotten worse. Very sad.

I could be way off but I get the sense that some of you feel sorry for Austin. I say good riddance because I do believe he was involved in Holly's death (directly or indirectly). He was a coward and whatever he knew, he probably took to the grave with him.

But he hadn't been arrested. He didn't even know if the case will go to trial. If he was working in FL, had he planned on permanently relocating there or was he only travelling for his job?

In response to your points 1&2, he could always start a new life elsewhere. I thought it sounded like that's what he intended to do in FL but hadn't found a permanent residence yet. If ZA, DA & JA were convicted, how would that affect SA if he were living far away from Darden/Parsons where the case would be relatively unknown? Even if ZA, DA & JA went free, would they risk losing their freedom by hunting down and harming SA, especially since he apparently hadn't been cooperative with investigators so didn't pose a threat to them?

Why did SA choose to kill himself when he did? Was the job not going well? Could he not find adequate housing? Did he lose his job which meant returning to TN and the scrutiny of all? Or, had LE visited him lately, asking more questions and pressuring him for answers? Did SA have reason to think he was about to be arrested?

I'm not saying that I don't think suicide is likely; I'm just saying there's probably more behind his death. MOO

Put yourself in that situation. It's one thing to talk in hypotheticals about someone moving away and starting fresh, but imagine everyone you are currently close to hating you. All your friends that you'd been so close to. Actually moving to a different town and not knowing *anyone*. On top of that, having the police and prosecutors actively trying to arrest you for murder, which you had just confessed to having some involvement in. He may have won his appeal, but he also may not have. I got the sense from the articles that the Florida job was just temporary, but I really don't know. I didn't see anything about him moving there. I'm not sure if he planned to move out of state permanently.

Again, the more plausible theory would be if they were after Drew or Clint. Not an ex. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

We really know nothing about their lives. She could be very close to her ex. Or it's possible that it wasn't any of them at all and was someone else she was close to that they were looking for. Someone had said something on one of the message boards about a friend using Holly's name for something. Like she owed a bunch of money in Florida? I wish I could remember what they said.

IIRC, he specifically said the scream (s) came from the Bobo home. I don't recall how far apart the houses are but he was concerned enough to tell his mom to go check on the Bobos.

Does anyone know the distance between the homes?

We really know nothing about their lives. She could be very close to her ex. Or it's possible that it wasn't any of them at all and was someone else she was close to that they were looking for. Someone had said something on one of the message boards about a friend using Holly's name for something. Like she owed a bunch of money in Florida? I wish I could remember what they said.

We're not allowed to post what's been said on other boards but I know who you are referring to. I'll chalk it up as rumour for now.

I have been saying that for a long time. The various and changing accounts that have appeared in the media do not seem reasonable to me, which is the main reason I have thought that something else was going on. Personally I do not consider the accounts around the actual abduction credible. The people currently under arrest may well have been responsible to what happened to Holly, but I don't believe it happened in the way we have been told.

If you go back and actually physically compare the actual words stated by the players, you'd be amazed at how consistent they are over time. What LE or media says...different story.

If you go back and actually physically compare the actual words stated by the players, you'd be amazed at how consistent they are over time. What LE or media says...different story.

Not really.

I could be way off but I get the sense that some of you feel sorry for Austin. I say good riddance because I do believe he was involved in Holly's death (directly or indirectly). He was a coward and whatever he knew, he probably took to the grave with him.

I believe he was involved too, even if just as an accessory after the fact. But because of this, I don't share your opinion of "good riddance."

Holly gets no justice by him offing himself. MOO

I believe he was involved too, even if just as an accessory after the fact. But because of this, I don't share your opinion of "good riddance."

Holly gets no justice by him offing himself. MOO

Exactly. I think the "why" and timing of SA's suicide, and whether it was a suicide, is very relevant to Holly's case. What information did he take with him to the grave? This is just another obstacle in the wheels of justice.

One of Holly's exes posted a picture of himself with Holly on his FB page immediately after Holly disappeared. IIRC, he was also arrested within the past year, but on charges unrelated to Holly's disappearance. Apparently, he still has feelings for Holly and has had repeated run-ins with the law. Don't know that he's involved in any way, but something to keep in mind.

They wouldn't. They weren't looking for him there. But it's possible they thought she might know where he was or that they could take her and use her as bait for him to pay up or whatever. Sort of the same situation as the Jesse James Hollywood situation. They took the guy's brother so he'd pay the drug debt, held him for a few days, when the threats didn't work, they killed the brother.

I hope someone never kidnaps me to get my ex-wife to pay a debt..........because I am in big trouble.

Can you post some links with the "words stated by the players"? I was under the impression that not much at all had been reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixel8