Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they had nothing stopping them from arresting him yet he was never arrested up to the day he died.

You might want to research this this a little more because there was an ongoing legal battle right up to the day he died about this immunity deal being revoked

*Hint*.........one judge ruled she didn't have the jurisdiction and it belonged in a criminal court and also SA's attorney filling suits to keep him from being charged that had not yet been settled in court.Either of these topics would be a good place to start a search that would help show where the state of his immunity deal was at the time of his death.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-plan-indict-third-suspect-bobo-case/8489391/

I don't often post links but here is a good article that brushes on some of the more important parts of the SA immunity deal.

If you scroll down to the bottom you will find a very interesting clause to his immunity deal'.......LE has stated he was being untruthful and uncooperative but could this part also be another clue to evidence they have beyond just statements from DA?

"The agreement was also void if investigators independently developed evidence or witnesses — other than any co-conspirators — that implicated Austin in a crime related to the Bobo case"

You might want to research this this a little more because there was an ongoing legal battle right up to the day he died about this immunity deal being revoked

*Hint*.........one judge ruled she didn't have the jurisdiction and it belonged in a criminal court and also SA's attorney filling suits to keep him from being charged that had not yet been settled in court.Either of these topics would be a good place to start a search that would help show where the state of his immunity deal was at the time of his death.

Nah, that's not at all what happened or what the situation was. Not really even close, although you do have some of the window dressing, but ripped from context where it ends up being misleading.

The fact is that the court - in practical terms - fairly quickly gave LE the green light to charge SA if they wanted to. It was the ruling LE wanted, which gave them the ensuing ability to charge him at their discretion, at any time. And they didn't, even though they had claimed his arrest was "imminent." ("Imminent" was pure BS-ery, of course.)

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-plan-indict-third-suspect-bobo-case/8489391/

I don't often post links but here is a good article that brushes on some of the more important parts of the SA immunity deal.

If you scroll down to the bottom you will find a very interesting clause to his immunity deal'.......LE has stated he was being untruthful and uncooperative but could this part also be another clue to evidence they have beyond just statements from DA?

"The agreement was also void if investigators independently developed evidence or witnesses — other than any co-conspirators — that implicated Austin in a crime related to the Bobo case"

I appreciate you finally posting a link to what you are claiming someone said.

So your theory is that LE was lying about why they yanked the immunity deal? LOL I can understand why you'd think that, since they were so full of hot air in much (if not all) of the SA situation from start to finish. But it is a fact that LE themselves said that they were revoking the deal because he had lied, not because he had committed other crimes.

I've read the immunity agreement itself, and the letter(s) that ensued. There's no mystery here. LE tried to play hardball with a witness, because they didn't like his evidence. But they indisputably had no evidence of him being involved in the crimes of kidnapping, murder, and/or anything else done to Holly during her Holly's life, because the immunity agreement explicitly never applied to that, and he was never arrested of course but could have been if they had evidence. To me it's clear that for whatever reason, LE clearly wanted to leave implications that made him a pariah, and it worked so well that he's dead.

.....Here is the big one.They were trying to revoke SA's immunity deal so they could charge him with crimes against Holly.To do this they had to prove he was either lying or involved in her murder and/or rape.All they have is statements from DA in which to do this.??????? This does not make even a tiny bit of sense.If all they had for evidence is statements from DA even if 99.99% of what SA told them was totally worthless that .01% would be very important to their case and they would not try and revoke his immunity.They would need him to testify not charge him and more then likely make certain he does not take the stand.

I don't believe that anyone was saying that they were trying to revoke SA's immunity deal so they could charge him in the Bobo case. What we were saying is that the fact that they were trying to revoke it implied that whatever he told them was provably false, since that would be the only legitimate grounds for revoking it. Basically it was a threat to SA to get with the program in terms of supplying "useful" information, or his deal would be revoked. Remember, part of his deal was to have other unrelated serious charges downgraded or dropped in return for information and cooperation on the Bobo case. Revocation of the deal would mean reinstatement of THOSE charges, which would obviously have very serious consequences for SA. If the information he provided was useful and corroborative to their theory, there is no way they would have jeopardized him as a witness by revocation.

This is very likely the reason he killed himself, because he was facing the probability of spend most of the rest of his life in jail and there was no way for him to wriggle out of it since he didn't actually know anything real.

The important part of the agreement was the bit where he was given immunity for "possession of any controlled substances, the sale of any controlled substances, the possession of drug paraphernalia, and/or any other drug related criminal activity (not to include any drugs administered to Holly Lynn Bobo.)". Those were the other unrelated charges he was facing. It would sent him to prison for a very long time. That was the real threat to SA if revocation happened, since he presumably would have had to come clean about all that as part of the deal as well. That would have put him in a situation where a conviction would be a formality if he lost his immunity.

The witness from the Coon Hunt gave a description to the forensic artist that was a dead ringer for SA. He was the one stalking Holly at that event. I think authorities had him under the radar for a while and offered him immunity in exchange for the location of Holly's remains.
My curiosity was peaked because why did LE toy with him? And why did they let him out of their sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The witness from the Coon Hunt gave a description to the forensic artist that was a dead ringer for SA. He was the one stalking Holly at that event. I think authorities had him under the radar for a while and offered him immunity in exchange for the location of Holly's remains.
My curiosity was peaked because why did LE toy with him? And why did they let him out of their sights?

Yeah, that sketch was creepy....

http://www.wsmv.com/story/25397291/bobo-friend-describes-man-in-camouflage-at-coon-hunt

http://wsmv.images.worldnow.com/images/25397291_BG1.jpg

The important part of the agreement was the bit where he was given immunity for "possession of any controlled substances, the sale of any controlled substances, the possession of drug paraphernalia, and/or any other drug related criminal activity (not to include any drugs administered to Holly Lynn Bobo.)". Those were the other unrelated charges he was facing. It would sent him to prison for a very long time. That was the real threat to SA if revocation happened, since he presumably would have had to come clean about all that as part of the deal as well. That would have put him in a situation where a conviction would be a formality if he lost his immunity.

Actually this I agree with it is the only plausible explanation for him to inject himself into a case that he supposedly was not involved nor knew anything about.

I do not know what drug charges he could have been facing or the possible jail time so until I know that I can easily accept this might have been his motive........but to be rational it could have also have been he took this immunity deal to try and shield himself from any charges relating to the Bobo case.

Right above this is a post about a sketch that was done a week after Holly's abduction .......and also I believe Holly's friend later made a positive ID.In itself his actions at the coon hunt are certainly not criminal.If getting caught starring at a pretty girl during a public event is a crime there will be a few sketches of me scattered around here and there. But once you add in the fact he later took an immunity deal about this case and all his close friends are now charged with the crime.His actions at the coon hunt become very questionable.

There is no way you can state he took the deal as a get out of jail free card for his drug crimes and was not possibly involved or had more info.To do so is one sided and lazy thinking.

Gotta wonder why they didn't seek him and others out right after, and the days the followed, when she went missing, as well as keeping some surveillance around his house.....

Gotta wonder why they didn't seek him and others out right after, and the days the followed, when she went missing, as well as keeping some surveillance around his house.....

They probably did. ZA, JA,SAA...

whotheheckever

these psychopaths are were probably on the TBi radar from the first couple of days.

I am confident in this case BECAUSE they gathered evidence for 3 years.

Shefner, I love you, but do you believe that the TBI is incompetent?

I don't.

I love you too Mercurydime....but I don't have a lot of faith in the TBI. I really can't state that the organization is incompetent because that's a blanket assessment. But I have not been pleased with how Holly's case has been handled.
Local authorities are also a disappointment. ZA should have been incarcerated instead of walking about and threatening people, selling pearls, and kidnapping and murdering Holly. His rap sheet is substantial. How he was free I have no idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love you too Mercurydime....but I don't have a lot of faith in the TBI. I really can't state that the organization is incompetent because that's a blanket assessment. But I have not been pleased with how Holly's case has been handled.
Local authorities are also a disappointment. ZA should have been incarcerated instead of walking about and threatening people, selling pearls, and kidnapping and murdering Holly. His rap sheet is substantial. How he was free I have no idea.

I believe that Mark Gwyn, the director, thinks of himself as James Bond. And.... NO MATTER THE COST... he will finish this job. He WILL fix this no matter what.

whatever.....

I believe that Mark Gwyn, the director, thinks of himself as James Bond. And.... NO MATTER THE COST... he will finish this job. He WILL fix this no matter what.

whatever.....

I am trusting that we will see justice for Holly! On that hope, we both stand together!

Yes, it is strange that he remained free for so long... I wonder if he served at some point prior or after the crime as confidential informer and was more trusted or left alone as a result.. Also wonder if he was somehow responsible for spreading the word of her abduction in the minutes and hours after it happened in order to bring out the large number of people who quickly showed up...

I find it telling that he was noted at the Coon Hunt and the forensic sketch is a ringer for him. How could it take authorities so long to nail these guys? We can say it was the lack of a dead body, but we know cases that have proceeded without one.
With as many crimes as ZA committed, they surely could have scrounged up a search warrant for something! Then they would have obtained quick access to the inside of his home in the months following Bobo's disappearance.
There are many things I don't understand about LE in this case...and it makes me wonder if there is more to the story than we currently know...or may ever know.

I find it telling that he was noted at the Coon Hunt and the forensic sketch is a ringer for him. How could it take authorities so long to nail these guys? We can say it was the lack of a dead body, but we know cases that have proceeded without one.
With as many crimes as ZA committed, they surely could have scrounged up a search warrant for something! Then they would have obtained quick access to the inside of his home in the months following Bobo's disappearance.
There are many things I don't understand about LE in this case...and it makes me wonder if there is more to the story than we currently know...or may ever know.

Do we know the date the coon hunt creepy guy was confirmed to be SA?........this may well be what kick started the investigation into the current suspects......I seriously don't know but would certainly like to know when the positive ID was made if it has been released.

I also don't fully understand the laws for gathering evidence from a search warrant but do know that not done correctly and within the law very damning evidence can be thrown out.I don't think SA actions at the coon hunt would be enough on their own to get a search warrant and they certainly would not be enough to get one to search ZA's property.

Victor George Wall was named a person of interest and later arrested,questioned and cleared......Wall was a sex offender who at one time lived close to the Bobo's.He hadn't registered for a while,they didn't know his whereabouts and was considered a fugitive that was his only link to this case.....This leads me to believe they were running down a list of known sex offenders from the area trying to find a break in the case,...a very common and often effective early investigation strategy in a case like this.

It doesn't seem the current suspects were the prime suspects from day 1.......it will be interesting for me anyhow to see how they came "under the microscope" of this investigation.

There are several reasons I do not think this is a very close representation of SA.

Was SA clean shaven at the time? Would he wear his hear gelled into spikes?
It looks pretty generic, to me and could be representative of almost any glasses-wearing nerd type guy. I am sure there may have been many who would fit the bill at the Coon Hunt.

When I looked at it, I immediately thought of the Susan Smith perp image.
It is not credible in the same way the one she "described" was not.
If you understand my meaning.

Yes, it is strange that he remained free for so long... I wonder if he served at some point prior or after the crime as confidential informer and was more trusted or left alone as a result.. Also wonder if he was somehow responsible for spreading the word of her abduction in the minutes and hours after it happened in order to bring out the large number of people who quickly showed up...

Karen Bobo said she called people on Terri B's cellphone on her way home that morning. Why you would do that prior to meeting with LE, I do not know.

What is your perception of the role of SA? Active or passive? If LE had some early info or evidence of the accused(s) involvement, there is no indication it was followed up. Why use informers if you knew for three years who the perps were? Why not arrest all involved, instead?
There is no reason to have ever dealt with SA on this basis if there were adequate physical evidence available. Were any of the accused the subject of wire-taps and surveillance? If so, then again, why use SA if he was an active participant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member