Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Topix has always been a hot mess of rumors. That is also the forum that spread the crazy rumor that Holly's disappearance was a Hoax! Search for that on Google and then you'll realize just what agony the family has been through the past three years. :mad:

I've been reading about this case almost since the beginning and one misconception is that the FBI came in and saved the case because the TBI was bungling everything. I don't believe that's true.

The TBI said early on that the FBI would be involved to follow up leads outside the state. Actually it's rather remarkable that the TBI has been so consistently involved with this case from start to finish, and the FBI has never been that over-involved.

One reason the FBI might have taken a look at this case was because it resembled some other cases they were working on in adjacent states like Alabama or Georgia. And they may always have liasons working with the TBI for all we know.

Also around the time Holly was abducted several other women were missing in TN including Karen Swift and Gail Palmgren, and naturally all of that seemed connected. But in both of those cases the bodies were later found by local LE and had nothing to do with Holly's disappearance. But people were angry at the TBI for not doing "enough" at the time, even though both bodies were hidden by foliage in inaccessible places. Karen Swift's case is still unsolved but that's a local case, not a kidnapping.

As was said before someone dropped the ball in this case. Whether it was local LE or TBI. Even the Bobos were critical of how the investigation was handled. Clint and Dana travelled daily to put up flyers even as far as Mexico IIRC. They had the Holly across America campaign putting her photo on trucks when we now know the perp was in their own backyard all along.

Karen begging the President of the United States to do something to help find her daughter.

So yah, I'm one of those that think TBI should have been more proactive. Perhaps Holly would have been found sooner.

They knew it was someone local but yet nothing was done as far as we know

JMO

Topix has always been a hot mess of rumors. That is also the forum that spread the crazy rumor that Holly's disappearance was a Hoax! Search for that on Google and then you'll realize just what agony the family has been through the past three years. :mad:

I've been reading about this case almost since the beginning and one misconception is that the FBI came in and saved the case because the TBI was bungling everything. I don't believe that's true.

The TBI said early on that the FBI would be involved to follow up leads outside the state. Actually it's rather remarkable that the TBI has been so consistently involved with this case from start to finish, and the FBI has never been that over-involved.

One reason the FBI might have taken a look at this case was because it resembled some other cases they were working on in adjacent states like Alabama or Georgia. And they may always have liasons working with the TBI for all we know.

Also around the time Holly was abducted several other women were missing in TN including Karen Swift and Gail Palmgren, and naturally all of that seemed connected. But in both of those cases the bodies were later found by local LE and had nothing to do with Holly's disappearance. But people were angry at the TBI for not doing "enough" at the time, even though both bodies were hidden by foliage in inaccessible places. Karen Swift's case is still unsolved but that's a local case, not a kidnapping.

ThoughtFox, yes the FBI has been involved in the Holly Bobo investigation since the early days of the investigation. The FBI BAU2 was on the scene within the first two days and although they returned to Quantico, VA after about 10 days, special agents from the FBI have been assisting the TBI for the past three years according to msm reports.

RE: Gail Palmgren & Karen Swift

Gail Palmgren, wasn't located for six months while investigators waited for the foliage to fall off the trees in the following september. Her husband was the prime suspect and was raked over the coals by LE and was even fired from his job.

Only days after Gail disappeared, a neighbor had observed where a large boulder had been moved on the side of the curvy mountain road where her phone had last pinged. Investigators did not release this info to the public due to their antiquated silence strategy. Gail's jeep had went off the road into a ravine where the boulder had been moved.. Her seat belt was not buckled when found..
Members of the CUE Center for Missing Persons joined the search in late September, and say the fall foliage helped locate the Jeep within the first hour of Thursday's aerial search.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16173262/remains-found-near-palmgren-jeep
______

Karen Swift's remains were not found by local LE; DCSO, but was located by two aware citizens in a kudzu field while checking on headstone vandalism at the Historical Bledsoe Cemetery. She was located less than a mile from her abandoned vehicle. The DCSO; Sheriff Jeff Box, refused to allow volunteers to search for her.
"The citizens of a community is a very valuable investigative resource to squander"..

RE: Karen Swift's case is still unsolved but that's a local case, not a kidnapping

I respectfully disagree.. Karen Swift's case has all the indicators of a slight acquaintance/stranger abduction/murder, imo.. Likely meth related, imo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
Take notes from Holly's case DPD. Karen was found, so it should all line up at some point. Steve Farese was at the arraignment for Holly.

Found Deceased TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3 - Page 42 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion
Reload this Page Found Deceased TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157091&page=36&highlight=gail+palmgren

Seriously, $1250 isn't "that much" in the scheme of things. Its 2014 not 1914. My property taxes are five times that much. I am sure that with a house, car, etc. it would not be hard to come up with enough collateral to cover that relatively small amount. At any rate, he did it. I don't think it is any big mystery or conspiracy as to how or why he got out.

It was just a question. I wasn't making a point.

Yeah I don't think the amount of money is a ton for a meth dealer. Your not selling 5 dollar bags of grass. But, I see the point, and I assume the questions you are asking to yourself is: Did someone give him a chunk of cash the day before she disappeared, and why? You don't think that would be a lot, but then you see these murder for hire cases and it's always a lot less money then you think it would take to have a human killed!

I've said it a couple times, there are hundreds of ZAs running around in every county in the USA. People with long rap sheets and histories of various major and minor offenses. They get turned back out onto the street for the usual reasons; light sentences, stuff that happened when they were a minor, prisoner releases due to overcrowding, plea deals, mistakes during their arrest, slip through the cracks, etc.

Here in Florida we have Dontae Morris, who was convicted of three murders, including the killing of two cops, and is awaiting trial for 3-4 other murders has a rap sheet longer than the Great Wall of China and he was still out and about committing crimes. Amazingly his mom still proclaims his innocence and says he was framed even though he was caught on dash cam video shooting the two cops to death. Go figure...

ThoughtFox, yes the FBI has been involved in the Holly Bobo investigation since the early days of the investigation. The FBI BAU2 was on the scene within the first two days and although they returned to Quantico, VA after about 10 days, special agents from the FBI have been assisting the TBI for the past three years according to msm reports.

RE: Gail Palmgren & Karen Swift

Gail Palmgren, wasn't located for six months while investigators waited for the foliage to fall off the trees in the following september. Her husband was the prime suspect and was raked over the coals by LE and was even fired from his job.

Only days after Gail disappeared, a neighbor had observed where a large boulder had been moved on the side of the curvy mountain road where her phone had last pinged. Investigators did not release this info to the public due to their antiquated silence strategy. Gail's jeep had went off the road into a ravine where the boulder had been moved.. Her seat belt vwas not buckled when found..
Members of the CUE Center for Missing Persons joined the search in late September, and say the fall foliage helped locate the Jeep within the first hour of Thursday's aerial search.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16173262/remains-found-near-palmgren-jeep
______

Karen Swift's remains were not found by local LE; DCSO, but was located by two aware citizens in a kudzu field while checking on headstone vandalism at the Historical Bledsoe Cemetery. She was located less than a mile from her abandoned vehicle. The DCSO; Sheriff Jeff Box, refused to allow volunteers to search for her.
"The citizens of a community is a very valuable investigative resource to squander"..

I respectfully disagree.. Karen Swift's case has all the indicators of a slight acquaintance/stranger abduction/murder, imo.. Likely meth related, imo...

Quote:

Found Deceased TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3 - Page 42 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion
Reload this Page Found Deceased TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157091&page=36&highlight=gail+palmgren

Who is Steve Farese?

Sheriff Box is another one shooting off his mouth. Didn't he promise the case would be solved shortly after Karen's body was found? 3 years later still no arrest.

ETA. Here you go. Sounds like the one clue away statement made in Holly's case

http://www.stategazette.com/topic/karenswift/

Seriously, $1250 isn't "that much" in the scheme of things. Its 2014 not 1914. My property taxes are five times that much. I am sure that with a house, car, etc. it would not be hard to come up with enough collateral to cover that relatively small amount. At any rate, he did it. I don't think it is any big mystery or conspiracy as to how or why he got out.

Well the OP stated 12,500 FWIW

Yes he got out and murdered a beautiful , aspiring young lady.

Yeah I don't think the amount of money is a ton for a meth dealer. Your not selling 5 dollar bags of grass. But, I see the point, and I assume the questions you are asking to yourself is: Did someone give him a chunk of cash the day before she disappeared, and why? You don't think that would be a lot, but then you see these murder for hire cases and it's always a lot less money then you think it would take to have a human killed!

No my question was where he got the money but I guess as others have said he had property and/or drug dealing. Who knows. It appears he always managed to beat the system.

Why wasn't Zachary Adams behind bars?

Some blame justice system in Holly Bobo's death, but Adams' history reflects normal judicial practice in state of Tennessee

read more .. http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20140316/NEWS01/303160005/Why-wasn-t-Zachary-Adams-behind-bars-

Thanks

Making bail
Holly Bobo was abducted on April 13, 2011, from her home in Darden. Just nine days earlier, Adams was charged with reckless driving, assault on a police officer and possession of schedule III and VI drugs.

The arrest occurred in Henderson County in Natchez Trace State Park. Adams was released a day later after posting $12,500 bond. On April 12, a day before Bobo was abducted, Adams had a court appearance, when further court dates were scheduled.

The handling of that arrest angered people, as well. Paul Tecum could not believe Adams was allowed to post bond.

“He was released on a $12,500 bond ... with all the prior arrest records and the drug charges ...” he wrote in response to a Facebook post by The Jackson Sun. “He should have never made the bail ... there is a severe system problem ... ‘The justice system’ needs to be reformed.”

ETA. Strange they didn't print shooting his mom. Wonder what happened in that case. Did mom drop the charges. Heck, IMO, he should have been charged with attempted murder.

FIVE times that much? Good Lord, my property taxes are $700 on a $170,000 house and 7 acres. And a house here for that amount is a good bit of house.
Guess that's why so many out-of-staters move here.

Who is Steve Farese?

Sheriff Box is another one shooting off his mouth. Didn't he promise the case would be solved shortly after Karen's body was found? 3 years later still no arrest.

ETA. Here you go. Sounds like the one clue away statement made in Holly's case

http://www.stategazette.com/topic/karenswift/

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18430806/attorney-steve-f

Attorney Steve Farese talks about Karen Swift murder case
Posted: May 15, 2012 10:04 PM EDT
Updated: May 15, 2012 11:39 PM EDT
By Janice Broach - bio | email

MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV) – The husband of murdered Mid-South mother Karen Swift has hired a high profile attorney the same day investigators reveal they are closer to an arrest. The investigation into the murder of Karen Swift has not resulted in any arrests. But her husband's attorney said there could be more than one suspect.
<sniped - read more & BBM for focus>

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18430806/attorney-steve-f

Attorney Steve Farese talks about Karen Swift murder case
Posted: May 15, 2012 10:04 PM EDT
Updated: May 15, 2012 11:39 PM EDT
By Janice Broach - bio | email

MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV) – The husband of murdered Mid-South mother Karen Swift has hired a high profile attorney the same day investigators reveal they are closer to an arrest. The investigation into the murder of Karen Swift has not resulted in any arrests. But her husband's attorney said there could be more than one suspect.
<sniped - read more & BBM for focus>

Thank you

Hmmm so this defence attorney was at ZA's arraignment? Wonder how the poster found that out. Was he/she there or is there a link?

I suppose I should go to the thread and ask. :)

Thank you

Hmmm so this defence attorney was at ZA's arraignment? Wonder how the poster found that out. Was he/she there or is there a link?

I suppose I should go to the thread and ask. :)

From the ZA arraignment photos ~n/t~.. It was televised...

Attorney Steve Farese, is a very high profile defense attorney in TN..

From the ZA arraignment photos ~n/t~.. It was televised...

Attorney Steve Farese, is a very high profile defense attorney in TN..

Thanks

I'll flip if this attorney takes on the case. :banghead:

Could ZA afford him?

Well the OP stated 12,500 FWIW

Yes he got out and murdered a beautiful , aspiring young lady.

That is his bond and you post a percentage to get bail. You dont have to pony up the whole thing.

And yeah I know what he did. I don't think he should be out either but that is how it is.

FIVE times that much? Good Lord, my property taxes are $700 on a $170,000 house and 7 acres. And a house here for that amount is a good bit of house.
Guess that's why so many out-of-staters move here.

Yeah no kidding

Thanks

Could ZA afford him?

'Well, guess I answered my own question, huh'? How did I miss this, ~n/t~?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2014/mar/11/suspect-accused-killing-holly-bobo-due-court/

Outside the courthouse, Memphis attorney Steve Farese said the Bobo family was doing as well as can be expected.

&#8220;It will help them if a conviction is had and the facts and circumstances are brought to light,&#8221; said Farese, who is representing the family.

Farese said he expects &#8220;bits and pieces&#8221; of information to be released in coming weeks.

Thanks

Could ZA afford him?

Steve Farese is also known to do victim advocacy work for family members of murdered loved ones. He usually does that pro bono like he does some of his criminal cases..

His sister is also a well known civil trial attorney iirc or it may be his daughter, not certain about that.

Imo, he will not be ZAs attorney. Farese picks trials he thinks he has a chance of winning.

imo

'Well, guess I answered my own question, huh'? How did I miss this, ~n/t~?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2014/mar/11/suspect-accused-killing-holly-bobo-due-court/

Outside the courthouse, Memphis attorney Steve Farese said the Bobo family was doing as well as can be expected.

“It will help them if a conviction is had and the facts and circumstances are brought to light,” said Farese, who is representing the family.

Farese said he expects “bits and pieces” of information to be released in coming weeks.

It is great that Farese is there to enlighten the family on how the court system works. So many families aren't that lucky and have no clue what is going to happen after the arrest. The Bobos have waited for this to finally happen for three long years. But it has only begun.

It seems like Farese thinks the Bobo family may learn bit and pieces of information through different type of hearings that may be held in the coming weeks.

I really wish ZA did have a chance to have a bond hearing (even though I know the Judge would decline to release him) because in bond hearings we often here a lot of stuff against the defendant as the DA is laying out his case for no bond to be given

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member