GUILTY Hong Kong - Jesse Ruri, 29, & Sumarti Ningsih, 25, murdered, Wan Chai, 31 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1414926961617_wps_2_Rurik_Jutting_Muzzed__jpg.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-corpse-stuffed-suitcase-Hong-Kong-flat.html

Also from the Telegraph, he supposedly had 'thousands' of images of dead body/bodies on his phone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-of-dead-bodies-on-Rurik-Juttings-phone.html

The out of office reply gets me. I know Bank of America Merrill Lynch are falling over themselves to put distance between themselves and this employee but.. if employment has truly ended at a big org like that, a worker isn't left with access to email. It's a bank, for heavens sake. That would open up all sorts of security issues. I don't think they'd had time to put any paperwork or processes through. I think he was probably still an employee, officially, when he was arrested.

Is it just me, or has he got an odd, unsmiling look in all his photos? I mean the ones before he was arrested.

ETA: The 'insane psychopath' reply is maybe a clue to the kind of plea he's going to attempt, I think? That's where work records will come in useful, I still think. If he says he was insane but prosecutors can get evidence he was goiing to work and carrying out large, complicated financial transactions, and interacting with colleagues normally....

Is it just me, or has he got an odd, unsmiling look in all his photos? I mean the ones before he was arrested.

ETA: The 'insane psychopath' reply is maybe a clue to the kind of plea he's going to attempt, I think? That's where work records will come in useful, I still think. If he says he was insane but prosecutors can get evidence he was goiing to work and carrying out large, complicated financial transactions, and interacting with colleagues normally....

It's not just you, zwiebel! He has got such a flat, emotionless appearance in his pre-arrest photos. I know we have hindsight, but his eyes are chilling imo :scared:

Don't know where DMail got its info from. They mistakenly identified the victim, Jesse Lorena, as from the Philippines but she's Indonesian. I had a look at her FB and she wrote in the Indonesian language. Also, the unknown 'Yanie' who's believed to have been in a relationship with the Accused, that's a very common Indonesian name too.

Don't know where DMail got its info from. They mistakenly identified the victim, Jesse Lorena, as from the Philippines but she's Indonesian. I had a look at her FB and she wrote in the Indonesian language. Also, the unknown 'Yanie' who's believed to have been in a relationship with the Accused, that's a very common Indonesian name too.

I stand corrected on his ex, Yanie ... Turns out her name is actually Ariane Guarin and she's a Filipina. I double-checked. She did write in Tagalog in her FB.

But Jesse Lorena, the one he allegedly killed on Halloween day is an Indonesian. Amongst the things she wrote in her FB "aku sering ketemu di dalam mimpi" (roughly translated : I always meet in my dreams) - that's in Indonesian. Further check into her FB, if you were to look at her photo albums, it appears that she was in a relationship with a Swiss based in Geneva called Marc River.

You've gotta love the Daily Mail, master of understatement and fact-checking :facepalm:

Shocking ... If that photo is really of him :thinking: ... Could it be that he is on some sort of meds, like anti-depressant which makes him balloon up to what he is now ? (Have seen it happening to someone in the family)

Shocking ... If that photo is really of him :thinking: ... Could it be that he is on some sort of meds, like anti-depressant which makes him balloon up to what he is now ? (Have seen it happening to someone in the family)

Could well be. MSM is saying he suffered from depression, according to friends of his.

It sounds like he also led a super-indulgent life.......seems like he may have been excessive with everything - sex, drugs, food.

PS even though he looks so physically different, the eyes are the same

Yes ... The super indulgent part may ring true rather than effects of meds ... Cos on second thought, I can't see him being hooked on happy pills cos he looks anything but happy !

Yes ... The super indulgent part may ring true rather than effects of meds ... Cos on second thought, I can't see him being hooked on happy pills cos he looks anything but happy !

Yes, very true!!!:facepalm:

Police say cocaine was found in the apartment too. it's sounding like that horrible book, American Psycho. :(

An automated e-mail reply from the Bank of America Corp. (BAC) account of Rurik Jutting yesterday said he was out of the office “indefinitely” and recommended contacting someone who’s not “an insane psychopath.”

Horrible story but that email is pretty darn funny. American Psycho was also very dark and humorous, I never read the book (avoided it for many years because I heard there was a canine victim and I don't like that sort of thing at all) but I eventually saw the movie and loved it.

As far as him trying to get off on an insanity defense; he did this in CHINA! Execution would probably be preferable to a gov run insane asylum. Unless he has some sort of political immunity and since he was a banker I doubt if he does.

Well, the basket case is not in China. He is Hong Kong, which legal system is based on the English common law and which has an entirely different administrative system from the mainland China. If my memory serves me well, this posh tosh may even be allowed a top Queen's Counsel from the UK to represent him in HK court. Bet mummy and daddy will be happy to foot his QC bill.

Yes, top QC in old Honkers town. Bet on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back