GUILTY Hong Kong - Jesse Ruri, 29, & Sumarti Ningsih, 25, murdered, Wan Chai, 31 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I like the way the Mail always gets photos and steps where others fear to tread, I have to say (except when it offends my personal opinions, of course :) )

So...this is the high flying son (Winchester, Oxbridge) with all the burdens on his shoulders...who couldn't quite cut it. Never quite fitted in? Tried the 'jolly good chap' stuff at Cambridge and that didn't work, so tried the 'give us ya money' yuppie banker instead. I'd like to know how many other 'personalities' he tried on, before settling on the one who chose to rent his fury and sadism on two innocent young women.

An empty personality, looking for a fit, and he chose to enter a world where excess is admirable and even required. 'Money does make you happy', posts the young Merrill Lynch banker about to be charged with the gruesome, sadistic murders of two young women. Both of whom he kept in his supposedly 'luxury' apartment.

I think he probably killed them in the rage of knowing he was buying his temporary happiness with them,and it would all disappear when he ran out of cash, as it sounds as if he was doing.

So yeah, point taken about money/happiness but not accepted. Money just bought horrific killings in this case. Those women wouldn't have been within killing distance if it hadn't been for that, in my opinion. The man looked like a living zombie towards the end.

*Note: Is $2,000 a month a luxury apartment rent in HK? I thought it was mega-crowded there and rents were sky high?

I used the words 'innocent women' deliberately there, by the way. Because I do not believe that anyone selling sexual favors expects to be tortured and killed for doing so. Therefore they are innocent of knowing - or in any way ageeing - to what happened to them. I believe.

From WSJ article (nothing else is different from other articles) ...

Rurik Jutting, who had been an employee at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, was licensed to trade securities by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority between Nov. 11, 2013 and Oct. 27 this year, according to HKMA filings.

On Oct. 28, Mr. Jutting’s other trading license, issued by Hong Kong’s securities watchdog, the Securities & Futures Commission, was canceled. There is no suggestion the move to cancel the licences was linked to the alleged crimes.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/hong...ker-rurik-juttings-trading-permits-1415096486

And the WSJ article referenced this article.

The 29-year-old banker charged Monday with murdering two women in Hong Kong had been part of a Bank of America Corp. team that specialized in tax-minimization trades that are under scrutiny from prosecutors, regulators, tax collectors and the bank’s own compliance department.

Jutting, a U.K. native and a competitive poker player, worked in Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Structured Equity Finance and Trading group, first in London and then in Hong Kong, according to these people and regulatory filings. Jutting resigned from the bank sometime before Oct. 27, which police say was the date of the first murder.

At a court hearing Monday, Jutting didn’t enter a plea and didn’t seek bail.

At Monday’s court hearing, he was represented by a temporary lawyer who complained that police denied Jutting access to a lawyer of his choice.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...-controversial-tax-trades-2014-11-03-13103165

I like the way the Mail always gets photos and steps where others fear to tread, I have to say (except when it offends my personal opinions, of course :) )

So...this is the high flying son (Winchester, Oxbridge) with all the burdens on his shoulders...who couldn't quite cut it. Never quite fitted in? Tried the 'jolly good chap' stuff at Cambridge and that didn't work, so tried the 'give us ya money' yuppie banker instead. I'd like to know how many other 'personalities' he tried on, before settling on the one who chose to rent his fury and sadism on two innocent young women.

An empty personality, looking for a fit, and he chose to enter a world where excess is admirable and even required. 'Money does make you happy', posts the young Merrill Lynch banker about to be charged with the gruesome, sadistic murders of two young women. Both of whom he kept in his supposedly 'luxury' apartment.

I think he probably killed them in the rage of knowing he was buying his temporary happiness with them,and it would all disappear when he ran out of cash, as it sounds as if he was doing.

So yeah, point taken about money/happiness but not accepted. Money just bought horrific killings in this case. Those women wouldn't have been within killing distance if it hadn't been for that, in my opinion. The man looked like a living zombie towards the end.

*Note: Is $2,000 a month a luxury apartment rent in HK? I thought it was mega-crowded there and rents were sky high?

Seriously awesome post! :yourock:

YOUR morning DM fix....

Revealed, the British fiancée who 'broke psycho trader's heart' by kissing another
man in bar: Goldman Sachs girl is unmasked as Jutting 'confesses' to murders

◦ Sarah Butt got engaged to Rurik Jutting after meeting at Barclays in 2010
◦ Life spiralled out of control after romance ended in 'spectacular break-up'
◦ Claims emerge that Jutting has reportedly confessed to killing prostitutes
◦ Jutting due to carry out reconstruction at his flat in Hong Kong vice zone
◦ Source: 'He wants to speed up process... to get everything off his chest'

Zwiebel -

I don't understand why so many posters on this forum make a point of asserting that they don't believe prostitutes deserve to be murdered. Against whom are you defending yourself? This seems to occur in almost every thread concerning the murder of a prostitute.

And a second question to whomever may know: how prestigious are Cambridge and Oxford these days? I know they've long been the elite English schools but they also seem to take a rather large percentage of English university students.

So for example Harvard in the US seems comparable at first, but then Harvard takes a very very tiny percentage of total US college students. But then again going to college is a lot less elite or distinctive in the US than in the rest of the West.

Just curious, sorry for the digressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxbridge still rules British class-based exclusivity and elan.

And a second question to whomever may know: how prestigious are Cambridge and Oxford these days? I know they've long been the elite English schools but they also seem to take a rather large percentage of English university students.
[/QUOTE

Snipped and BBM. Oxbridge are filled with mostly elite and rich students, from private schools. If you look at the Guardian website, most of the journalists are from there, same with the British Govt. Your face has to fit. They take a token amount from state schools but do a search on "Oxbridge+interview questions". The pupils who go there are carefully handpicked from state schools ...

Thanks for the responses. They sound quite different from US elite schools. Here being a "legacy" helps a lot at the smaller and more traditional Iveys but there is very little demand for poshness or whatever it's called.

I have the feeling the other commonwealth countries are more like the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agence France-Presse ‏@AFP 1m1 minute ago

UK banker Rurik Jutting, charged with the grisly murder of 2 women, smiles in a prison van leaving court in Hong Kong pic.twitter.com/xl8MI8D5V1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 87
Agence France-Presse ‏@AFP 1m1 minute ago

UK banker Rurik Jutting, charged with the grisly murder of 2 women, smiles in a prison van leaving court in Hong Kong pic.twitter.com/xl8MI8D5V1

those eyes look very ''odd'' to me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back