Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ron Cummings' cousin Hope Sykes sentenced to 15 years in prison after being arrested months ago along side Misty & Ron Cummings after getting caught up in a prescription drug operation resulting in serious felony drug charges!

What does she know about Haleigh's disappearance & will it help investigators find the little girl's remains?
Nancy Grace has the latest at 8 & 10 PM E.T. on HLN!
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace

Please wait for Show Time before discussion!
Thank you so much!
:blowkiss:

This is Florida's way of dealing with the drug trafficking happening in this state. They take pity on no one any longer with these types of charges. Had Hope never been arrested for any drug related charges prior, she could have likely chosen a plea deal IF that was offered. They may not have offered her a plea deal. Hope pretty well sealed her own fate by having this happen just after she was released for drugs. That pushed her away from being a youthful offender hence allowing her a much lighter sentence. The way I understand it, she will serve all 15 years of her sentence. Mandatory sentences are that - mandatory. Actually considering the charges against her, she probably better be glad that the judge sentenced her to the minimum mandatory. He had a lot of leeway to go longer than that.
The way I read it, there is a difference between "mandatory minimum" and "mandatory" sentences. With mandatory you serve all the time. With mandatory minimum there is the possibility for 15% off with gain time, except for habitual offenders. If I read this wrong please advise.

I heard on the radio this morning some guy got only 12 years for abusing his infant son which in turn caused brain damage, and I was so angry. I get home to read this- 15 years for Hope for only one count of drug trafficking and I am like WOW! All I can say is Justice is coming Haleigh Justice is coming

I guess the Judge decided to "pin 15 years on a (beep) pill". Does this mean they're not "ten steps ahead" anymore? I guess everyone else "picked their (beep) steps up". Well at least now she doesnt have the exhausting decision of choosing between "the program" and bootcamp ---thats off the table.

I listened to this 3x today ----I just cant believe my ears (I dont know if I should laugh or cry)

In this video report they talk about more video/audio released. It is confusing though because they start out reporting about the hearing in March and end with Hope being in court today. So not sure if they are referring to audio/video from last month or if this is new video/audio that will be released tomorrow.
Video Report: http://www.news4jax.com/video/23018272/index.html

This isn't from today, it was last month. This video is only about the pleas, not about Hope's sentencing. Misty wasn't in court today, only Hope with RC as "witness" who didn't say anything.

Don't expect any new videos based on this, they were released last month.

Ronald her character witness?? :rolling::rolling::rolling:

Amster, right. He'd have to get some character in order to be that type of witness! lol
But, still I find it so pitiful that an 18-year-old girl is facing a long sentence. I hope she examines whether it was worth it or not to be with the cousin she looks up to.

i THINK rc FACE WAS IN HIS HANDS WHEN THEY PLAYED THE TAPE BECAUSE HE KNEW SHE SEALED HER OWN FATE.. AND FURTHERMORE IT IS GOING TO COME DOWN HARD ON THE RING LEADERS. Reality sinking in. Sorry for the caps!

Amster, right. He'd have to get some character in order to be that type of witness! lol
But, still I find it so pitiful that an 18-year-old girl is facing a long sentence. I hope she examines whether it was worth it or not to be with the cousin she looks up to.

Hope will have alot of time to examine her life...

Does anyone know did Hope have a court appointed lawyer?

Will RC and MC have the same Judge?

tia

Lol, it's the microphone on the table. I was like ewwwww that things ugly!

Hahaha! I SO needed that laugh! I thought something was up with his hand too! Now SuziQ you have the best eyes!

Lol, it's the microphone on the table. I was like ewwwww that things ugly!

Thank you so much. I saw two other photos which clearly showed his hands were not bleeding, but didn't see that it was the mic. Good eyes.

I bet that is why he never testified, he shot up before court and was too stoned to testify. You can see blood running out of it.

There isn't anything on his hand in picture #3 or #5 so I don't know what that is in that #4 picture...JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59
Back