How Did the Side Door Get Opened?/Door Locks/Use of Cinder Block**REVISITED**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Because the door was opened and the screen propped open, I would have to think Ronald assumed this is the way they gained entry and left. With no visible sign of forced entry to any of the doors or windows, what is left? Either someone had a key (which he felt certain they did not) or someone bumped the lock. I honestly don't believe he entertained the idea the front door was accidently left unlocked and the perp could have entered there then left out of the back/side door.

So this was a BYOB kidnapping. Bring your own brick. Couldn't resist.

My point is this, why do you go though all the steps that I have outlined and risk being in the MH longer than you have to be, risking getting caught or shot? If a theory doesn't hold up or doesn't seem to make sense it's good to think about another way or another one. That is what I am trying to do here. I really want to see by walking thought the steps this person had to take to see if it holds water. But the only thing you point out is the lock bumping. What about the rest?

If the person came in the front door, could they exit the back door if the deadbolt was in place? No, they need to bump it or have the key. So this person comes in the front, goes to the bedroom with others just a foot or so away, grabs Haleigh, keeps her quiet so she doesn't wake up Misty or Jr. He then goes to the back door, he takes Haleigh's shirt off and puts it in the bottom of the laundry pile to hide it. Then he gets his tools to bump the lock and opens the door, shoves cloths under it to keep it open, because in the video it closes by it's self to about 3 inches of the screen door. Now he gets his brick, that he brought,because Ron states he never saw that brick before, props open the screen door, all the while he has Haleigh quiet and not kicking or making noise and takes her down the ramp and there are no tire tracks so he carries her off. Or does he do the back door first then run around the front and go in that way just to throw us off????? What do you think?

BBM

ITA Bern :)

Let's not forget, the perp is holding HC and bumping the lock at the same time? Is the perp taking HC's shirt off while holding her? He is holding HC while looking for the brick that he carried to the home? Don't you need two hands to do the lock bumping according to the video someone posted a few weeks ago? The perp must have been a strong person, to be able to do all of this with a child in their arms.

so nine posts ago, I asked if it was trash night and the door was left unlocked...
Jezzz.......

Every thing I walk though in my head, every theory is bad. Only one makes sense and I hate it.

So this was a BYOB kidnapping. Bring your own brick. Couldn't resist.

My point is this, why do you go though all the steps that I have outlined and risk being in the MH longer than you have to be, risking getting caught or shot? If a theory doesn't hold up or doesn't seem to make sense it's good to think about another way or another one. That is what I am trying to do here. I really want to see by walking thought the steps this person had to take to see if it holds water. But the only thing you point out is the lock bumping. What about the rest?
We do know there were cement blocks stacked by the shed. Also in the photos taken at a later date, you can see some underneath the mh. The perp could have scoped them out earlier before it got dark.

If the perp intended on using the backdoor for both entry and exit, it would make sense to put the block on the screen to hold it open.

BBM

ITA Bern :)

Let's not forget, the perp is holding HC and bumping the lock at the same time? Is the perp taking HC's shirt off while holding her? He is holding HC while looking for the brick that he carried to the home? Don't you need two hands to do the lock bumping according to the video someone posted a few weeks ago? The perp must have been a strong person, to be able to do all of this with a child in their arms.
IMO, the lock was never bumped. The block was already in place before entry to the mh was made. All he/she had to do with a child in their arms was to turn the bolt and exit (or go to the door to unlock it before grabbing the child). A sleeping child often does not wake up to kick and scream when moved.

It does not require a strong person to do any of the above.

I got the impression the brick wasn't one Ron had ever seen before. So the intruder knew more about the bricks on his property than him. We still have the shirt, the light, Haleigh not yelling, kicking, or waking up JR or Misty. No car or truck. Full moon, not a good night to plan this, if you want cover. What else?

Again, Haleigh could have removed her own shirt earlier without Misty knowing, the perp could have accidently slipped it off when trying to pick her up, or the perp purposefully took it off to hide it knowing it would be in the last seen description. (Misty didn't have to tell LE she found the shirt in the clothes pile or basket.)

The light on doesn't bother me at all after seeing so many cases where the perps spent time in occupied spaces before the abductions.

Even with the full moon, there was no yard or porch light on and the chances someone would be awake to see the perp with a child was slim. A quick run down the ramp and a dart towards the back of the mh puts them in the shadows. I think the full moon was helpful to get to the car, but did not pose a problem with the abduction. IMO, there was a vehicle parked nearby...but not next to the mh.

IIRC, the deadbolt was not a key lock on the inside, but had a little bar which turned to unlock it. It would not be neccesary to have a key or to bump it.

We don't know if Haleigh removed her own shirt sometime during the night and put on something else.

IMO, the screendoor was propped open before the perp found the door locked then went to the front to enter thru an unlocked door. If entry was made from the backdoor, the clothes on the floor would have been pushed back and not been a problem when leaving to keep the door from closing. If it was opened from the inside, the perp's feet could have kicked clothes in the way to prevent it from closing tho.

I don't think the perp parked right by the mh. IMO, he/she took Haleigh out the side door and under the cover of the shadows carried her to a car parked away from there so there would be no tire tracks by the mh.

my bold and Italics.....SS, I agree, we do not know if Haleigh woke in the middle of the night and took off the shirt...since it was in the dirty laundry pile we know that she wasn't in that shirt when she left the trailer, on her own or by someone else's taking. BUT...if Misty was the adult in charge and she was cleaning and then went to bed after 10 as she said in her statement, or even as late as 11, shouldn't she know what Haleigh was wearing? She goes into such great detail about washing the blankets and covering Haleigh up with a sheet, so she should have been able to get a good look at what Haleigh was wearing, shouldn't she?

We should be able to count on at least that much but we can't and why do you think that is? Was Misty sleeping on the bed next to Haleigh when Haleigh woke up to change? Did Haleigh see her and not wake her and change because she was wet and she was afraid she would get in trouble? I really, really am curious how that night might have played out in your mind. I think you are very insightful. But, there is a reason why Misty reported that she last saw Haleigh in that pink shirt. I think the reason is because it's the truth and that IS what Haleigh was wearing the last time Misty saw Haleigh.

Again, Haleigh could have removed her own shirt earlier without Misty knowing, the perp could have accidently slipped it off when trying to pick her up, or the perp purposefully took it off to hide it knowing it would be in the last seen description. (Misty didn't have to tell LE she found the shirt in the clothes pile or basket.)

The light on doesn't bother me at all after seeing so many cases where the perps spent time in occupied spaces before the abductions.

Even with the full moon, there was no yard or porch light on and the chances someone would be awake to see the perp with a child was slim. A quick run down the ramp and a dart towards the back of the mh puts them in the shadows. I think the full moon was helpful to get to the car, but did not pose a problem with the abduction. IMO, there was a vehicle parked nearby...but not next to the mh.

Bolding by me.

How do you know that? I know that there was this big light on the side of the house, but we couldn't figure out if it had been on or not, where did you read it? TIA

We do know there were cement blocks stacked by the shed. Also in the photos taken at a later date, you can see some underneath the mh. The perp could have scoped them out earlier before it got dark.

If the perp intended on using the backdoor for both entry and exit, it would make sense to put the block on the screen to hold it open.

If there was a stack of the things by the shed and some underneath the MH, easily found by the perp, I wonder how Ronald missed seeing any of those in the months he lived in the trailer.

If the perp wanted to hide the shirt it doesn't really make sense to me to hide it in the MH where it would be found.

IMO, the lock was never bumped. The block was already in place before entry to the mh was made. All he/she had to do with a child in their arms was to turn the bolt and exit (or go to the door to unlock it before grabbing the child). A sleeping child often does not wake up to kick and scream when moved.

It does not require a strong person to do any of the above.

BBM :)

SS: ITA, i never bought the story of the lock being bumped at all. as far as the brick, IMO it was staged.

I think everyone on here at WS all have very good theories about what could have happened, including you. I am back and fourth with my many theories, as i just can't discredit a lot of things. I wish LE would release some little details of the investigation. It would rule out some of my theories.

If there was a stack of the things by the shed and some underneath the MH, easily found by the perp, I wonder how Ronald missed seeing any of those in the months he lived in the trailer.

Ronald said he didn't know where the brick came from, he said he knew there were some in the yard out back but didn't know if it was a brick from that pile.

Lil momma, I agree with your last post I think we all have some great ideas and theories about what happened that night and you know what....somewhere inside all of them is the truth, that is why a lot of them make sense and others only parts make sense.

Bolding by me.

How do you know that? I know that there was this big light on the side of the house, but we couldn't figure out if it had been on or not, where did you read it? TIA
It is in the threads somewhere (the upstairs' threads) where a person did verify the yard light was not working at the time. The yard light requires additional billing to be turned on and paid each month by the renter of the mh (unless the landlord is paying the bill). IIRC, the person reporting this went to the mh and the light was off at night. We questioned this very thing at the time when we saw the light was up on the pole.

I seriously don't think it would have mattered to the perp since it would only take a few seconds to run down the ramp and into the shadows tho. Since no one saw them, I guess their plan of escape worked.

It is in the threads somewhere (the upstairs' threads) where a person did verify the yard light was not working at the time. The yard light requires additional billing to be turned on and paid each month by the renter of the mh (unless the landlord is paying the bill). IIRC, the person reporting this went to the mh and the light was off at night. We questioned this very thing at the time when we saw the light was up on the pole.

I seriously don't think it would have mattered to the perp since it would only take a few seconds to run down the ramp and into the shadows tho. Since no one saw them, I guess their plan of escape worked.

I don't think the light would have mattered either. Either it was on or it wasn't right. The fact that the light COULD have been on just tells me that the perp was even more sure of the fact that he wasn't going to be seen, I keep forgetting about that pile of laundry in front of the back door, I wish we knew if TN was right and there was always a pile of laundry there.

I don't think the light would have mattered either. Either it was on or it wasn't right. The fact that the light COULD have been on just tells me that the perp was even more sure of the fact that he wasn't going to be seen, I keep forgetting about that pile of laundry in front of the back door, I wish we knew if TN was right and there was always a pile of laundry there.
I really don't doubt there was usually a pile of laundry there. If they didn't use the backdoor often, I can see laundry being tossed in front of the washer or spilling out of the basket.

When I had young kids, it was a wonder any of it made it to the hamper or basket. LOL Laundry seemed to multiply at a rate which made it impossible to get it all done at once. Back in those days, I would have sworn our laundry was able to clone itself! :eek:

I really don't doubt there was usually a pile of laundry there. If they didn't use the backdoor often, I can see laundry being tossed in front of the washer or spilling out of the basket.

When I had young kids, it was a wonder any of it made it to the hamper or basket. LOL Laundry seemed to multiply at a rate which made it impossible to get it all done at once. Back in those days, I would have sworn our laundry was able to clone itself! :eek:

O/T I seriously am laughing my butt off cause I know exactly what you mean!! lol........or reproduce at the speed of rabbit!

Ronald said he didn't know where the brick came from, he said he knew there were some in the yard out back but didn't know if it was a brick from that pile.

He said he'd never seen it.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/11/ng.01.html

CUMMINGS: Don`t have a clue. I don`t mess with none of that, so I don`t know. I very rarely am in the back yard at all unless I`m washing my car. So it could have came from around my shed. I`m renting. I don`t know if the previous renters had it or what, but I`ve never seen it, I don`t believe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch
Back