How Did the Side Door Get Opened?/Door Locks/Use of Cinder Block**REVISITED**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He said he'd never seen it.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/11/ng.01.html

CUMMINGS: Don`t have a clue. I don`t mess with none of that, so I don`t know. I very rarely am in the back yard at all unless I`m washing my car. So it could have came from around my shed. I`m renting. I don`t know if the previous renters had it or what, but I`ve never seen it, I don`t believe.

yes that's pretty much the story he told when I heard him talking about the brick. It wasn't on Nancy Grace though. I am thinking it was an interview that he did on Greta...but He has always said he didn't know where the brick came from. He said in this interview that it could have came from around back near where the shed is, which is where the pile of bricks was.

yes that's pretty much the story he told when I heard him talking about the brick. It wasn't on Nancy Grace though. I am thinking it was an interview that he did on Greta...but He has always said he didn't know where the brick came from. He said in this interview that it could have came from around back near where the shed is, which is where the pile of bricks was.

OH, Ron....come on.

1. He has no idea where the brick came from....THEN he adds maybe it came from around the back where neat the shed. ( pretty good idea to me)
2. He has NO CLUE how they got in the MH.....THEN he add, they could have bumped the lock. ( has kge of getting in bolted doors)

First, he has no idea, no clue...THEN, immediately gives one. VERY contradictory.

The Theory of Haleigh leaving on her own seems too scary of a thing for a 5 yr old little girl to me. It also puts the blame on the victim. I just don't believe she would leave in the middle of the night, without shoes, leave JR alone to go hunt for Misty. It was cold as I said, if she was going to change out of a wet shirt that she peed on,(also blames the victim and adds disgrace) did she not want a new pair of pants and jacket and shoes? It is very scary on those dark roads for a small girl. Even her Daddy said she was afraid of the dark. She also had to brick the back door, and put cloths under the inside door to keep it open. She turned the light on herself? That door was hard to open in the video, the reporter said she had to lift it and then pull hard. Pointing out that a child couldn't open it even if it wasn't locked. Why brick the screen door? It doesn't lock behind you. If she left, then the MH was staged to make it look like she was taken. No she didn't leave of her own accord.

OH, Ron....come on.

1. He has no idea where the brick came from....THEN he adds maybe it came from around the back where neat the shed. ( pretty good idea to me)
2. He has NO CLUE how they got in the MH.....THEN he add, they could have bumped the lock. ( has kge of getting in bolted doors)

First, he has no idea, no clue...THEN, immediately gives one. VERY contradictory.

You are so right to question this story. He's living in a MH. Grandma lives in a MH in the same park and he's never noticed "cinder blocks" in the area?! Doesn't happen. MH's are set and leveled on them. Dozens of them. I don't buy it.

The Theory of Haleigh leaving on her own seems too scary of a thing for a 5 yr old little girl to me. It also puts the blame on the victim. I just don't believe she would leave in the middle of the night, without shoes, leave JR alone to go hunt for Misty. It was cold as I said, if she was going to change out of a wet shirt that she peed on,(also blames the victim and adds disgrace) did she not want a new pair of pants and jacket and shoes? It is very scary on those dark roads for a small girl. Even her Daddy said she was afraid of the dark. She also had to brick the back door, and put cloths under the inside door to keep it open. She turned the light on herself? That door was hard to open in the video, the reporter said she had to lift it and then pull hard. Pointing out that a child couldn't open it even if it wasn't locked. Why brick the screen door? It doesn't lock behind you. If she left, then the MH was staged to make it look like she was taken. No she didn't leave of her own accord.

ITA Bern!

I guess that just throws RC's attorney's theory right out the window.

I agree that all the things you said are true Bern, but I also believe Haleigh wouldn't have been thinking of all the things outside that might harm her. She would have just wanted to find Misty. I have not for one second discounted the idea that someone might have entered the home through the front door, someone who knew Ronald was at work, and Misty would not wake up or perhaps that she wasn't even inside the home. Those two scenario's have much more substance to them than the Sheffield side going in and taking her and hiding her...or Ronald harming her in any way and covering up an accidental death. Misty, I just can't figure out. But one thing I feel for certain is that if something did happen with Misty, Ronald would not cover for her. I am sorry but that is just my opinion. If it meant finding his child...I think he would do whatever was necessary..to Misty or anyone else.

I agree that all the things you said are true Bern, but I also believe Haleigh wouldn't have been thinking of all the things outside that might harm her. She would have just wanted to find Misty. I have not for one second discounted the idea that someone might have entered the home through the front door, someone who knew Ronald was at work, and Misty would not wake up or perhaps that she wasn't even inside the home. Those two scenario's have much more substance to them than the Sheffield side going in and taking her and hiding her...or Ronald harming her in any way and covering up an accidental death. Misty, I just can't figure out. But one thing I feel for certain is that if something did happen with Misty, Ronald would not cover for her. I am sorry but that is just my opinion. If it meant finding his child...I think he would do whatever was necessary..to Misty or anyone else.

I don't think the Sheffield's went inside either, but her going out doesn 't explain the bricked door among other things. I don't think she went hunting Misty, because of the bricked door. She also couldn't get out the back to brick a door. She couldn't lift the brick to brick the door. She would have to find the brick in the dark to brick the door. Oh, did I mention the bricked door,LOLLLLLL. What ever happened in that MH that night, is a mystery. We know Ron was at work. We know he married Misty. We know there were 44 RSO in the area. We are pretty sure no other family member took her. Everybody is a suspect and no one has been cleared, so I give up. Until we find her or her body, I don't think this is going to be solved. Oh, ya, someone could confess, not likely, but someone could. As you can see, I am cooked.

You are so right to question this story. He's living in a MH. Grandma lives in a MH in the same park and he's never noticed "cinder blocks" in the area?! Doesn't happen. MH's are set and leveled on them. Dozens of them. I don't buy it.
Perhaps he meant he had never seen one on or around the ramp by the backdoor before and they did not use them to hold the door open. Makes perfect sense to me.

Because there are so many in the park, it would be a good reason not to notice them. They become part of the scenery which wouldn't stick out in anyone's mind who lives there.

I don't think the Sheffield's went inside either, but her going out doesn 't explain the bricked door among other things. I don't think she went hunting Misty, because of the bricked door. She also couldn't get out the back to brick a door. She couldn't lift the brick to brick the door. She would have to find the brick in the dark to brick the door. Oh, did I mention the bricked door,LOLLLLLL. What ever happened in that MH that night, is a mystery. We know Ron was at work. We know he married Misty. We know there were 44 RSO in the area. We are pretty sure no other family member took her. Everybody is a suspect and no one has been cleared, so I give up. Until we find her or her body, I don't think this is going to be solved. Oh, ya, someone could confess, not likely, but someone could. As you can see, I am cooked.
Unless they find her body on someone's property and forensic evidence can tie them to the scene, it is unlikely the case will ever be solved, imo. If LE botched the evidence which could have been used to make a match to a perp...that boat has sailed.

Bern, you have put so much work into Haleigh's case. I know your mind must be boggled but please don't give up.:blowkiss:

Regarding haleigh unlocking and bricking the door...I just don't see that happening with a little five year old girl.

When I was little, I was prone to having nightmares and would wake up in the middle of the night trying to run from my bad dreams. My parents put chains on the doors that were out of my reach because I would try to get out of the house. I never had the wherewithall to change my clothes, or climb on a chair to unlock the chain, or brick the door so that I could get back in the house because I was in a dream state.

lol.....you and I are just going to keep going round and round about this bricked door thing huh Bern....:blowkiss: You must have missed my original theory....I do not think Haleigh bricked the door silly Bern!! I think Misty staged the whole door scenario because she freaked out. If not Misty then someone else. Misty even told LE that her cousin Joe used to brick doors when he broke into people's houses. Pretty darn convenient if you ask me. But no of course I don't think Haleigh opened up the back door and bricked it. Maybe someone over on Tyler bricked it....I don't know. I just think that if Misty were sleeping....or out of the house and came home or woke up and realized Haleigh was no-where to be seen, something needed to be done. Maybe she called Tyler street and asked someone there for help 1 and 1/2 hours before she called 911, who knows....but what I do know is that when Ronald got home there was going to be hell to pay because Haleigh was gone.

lol.....you and I are just going to keep going round and round about this bricked door thing huh Bern....:blowkiss: You must have missed my original theory....I do not think Haleigh bricked the door silly Bern!! I think Misty staged the whole door scenario because she freaked out. If not Misty then someone else. Misty even told LE that her cousin Joe used to brick doors when he broke into people's houses. Pretty darn convenient if you ask me. But no of course I don't think Haleigh opened up the back door and bricked it. Maybe someone over on Tyler bricked it....I don't know. I just think that if Misty were sleeping....or out of the house and came home or woke up and realized Haleigh was no-where to be seen, something needed to be done. Maybe she called Tyler street and asked someone there for help 1 and 1/2 hours before she called 911, who knows....but what I do know is that when Ronald got home there was going to be hell to pay because Haleigh was gone.

Thank God! I kept thinking "what the heck"? I just don't know how or what happened there. Misty was a child looking after children. I think someone took advantage of that. I think Ron loved his children and so did Chrystal and the whole family. But something went terribly wrong and Misty should never have been in charge of two small babies. She should have been in school, and being a teenager and dating, not playing house with a grown man. My heart breaks for them, it really does, and I hope they find Haleigh, but the odds are against now...

Has anyone considered that Haleigh opened the door to a family member? If she was awake watching a movie still would she not get up and open the door to a family member if they came and knocked on the front door. Was the window exposed (no blind) after Misty removed the blanket and allowed whom ever to see in and know Misty was asleep and Haleigh was awake? IMO the purpose to leave the light on, door open and screen door propped was to make it look like something else (inside job).

IMO the bricking was a very feeble attempt at staging a breakin and was the suggestioon of Misty.....read my theory in the theory thread

Perhaps he meant he had never seen one on or around the ramp by the backdoor before and they did not use them to hold the door open. Makes perfect sense to me.

Because there are so many in the park, it would be a good reason not to notice them. They become part of the scenery which wouldn't stick out in anyone's mind who lives there.

I could agree that they can become part of the scenery, but Ron and Misty used that door to take out the trash and sometimes to clean out the car. We know that the screen door would close if not propped open.
If you never used the door why would you need to check it everyday before work (per Ron) to make sure it was locked. You can not tell me that Ron nor Misty in the entire time of living there never used something to prop that door. Moving furniture in or out of the MH would be one example as the ramp would make it easier to bring furniture in and out and you would need to prop the door open. Most people will grab the most convient thing laying around to prop a door, and just as you said cinderblocks, bricks are everywhere in areas such as these. You cant tell me that he never noticed the bricks behind the shed.
I remember when I used to rent. When I would get a new place I would be over every square inch of the property within a couple of days to get to know my surroundings.
I do not know the reason behind feeling like he needs to cover his butt for something, as I dont feel he or Misty or Crystal for that matter did anything to Haleigh. His actions speak louder then words to me and even a few of his words have been louder..I cant put my finger on it just yet, but with a little more info I feel I could get there. JMO of course

THe use of "you" was not personally directed at you SS..Just figuratively speaking ...:)

How would these three factors indicate an "inside job" ?

That was just a suggestion. The point was the fact that the door was open and showed no forced entry had to indicate that the abductor had no need to force his way in.
Now that does leave some room for speculation. The door could have been unlocked. The "abductor" could of been allowed in. The "abductor" had a key or the "abductor" didn't need a key or a way in.
Misty mentions in the 911 call that the light was on in the kitchen. IMO this indictes the "abductor" was not concerned with a few things, like being discovered in the act by Misty nor was the "abductor" concerned with buying time to get away.
The Screen door being propped by a cinder block from behind the shed ( the underpinning was all intact prior to the abduction from my research, please correct me if I am of the wrong opinion) gives weight to the watcher in the woods theory but could be as simple as the "abductor" not wanting to wake anyone that was sleeping and It is in MO that Ron Jr. was not the main concern, but, Misty.
The fact that someone came in and took Haleigh and left the MH with no attention to these few things and left no evidance and we are still looking for HaLeigh 5 months later is :bang: and a heart wrenching and crying shame.
These few things are a slap in the face to Ron to wake up and know who did this. He married Misty because she is innocent and he is protecting his family the best he can and after what has already took place I would be doing the same. No, I do not agree with underage girls being with grown men, but, will say this young girl is old enough to choose her man at 17 just like Crystal was and if 17 was/is ok to have a child for Crystal what make her any better than this 17 year old making her decision to raise his children and be with Ron. The argument is valid ,but, the old saying is what is good for the goose is good for the gander and we can not hold one over the other with this paticular fact IMO.

IMO the bricking was a very feeble attempt at staging a breakin and was the suggestioon of Misty.....read my theory in the theory thread

And no forced entry?
Misty was concerned with staging and propping the screen door with a cinder block that was out in the yard behind the shed and didnt think about how it was going to look with no forced entry to the main door?
And my next question would be why would Misty be cncerned with making noise in the first place?

Why would the perp use the side door when it faces the trailer next door?

wouldn't an abductor use a door that someone can't see him, if he has a choice? That back door is another red herring.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back