How is the Defense Spending the Taxpayer's Money?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Me too. Yeah, her employee of the year plague is hanging next to her mother of the year plaque in her cell. Heck, we could make her some more plaques and send them her way - Liar of the Year (we need at least twenty of those), Pole Dancer of the year, Shot Girl of the Year, Thief of the Year (One for each felony, so thirteen? That sounds about right)...

I totally would but I don't want to get my name and address memorialized in a doc dump.

Yes, they have the same for Universal Studios, Sea World, Islands of Adventure (my personal favorite). They usually stand waiting for you when you first walk into the park. They hand you a card with a number assigned to it and you can carry that around with you and go back later for the pictures so that you are not carrying them around or have to rent a locker. I have had my picture taken randomly in other areas of the park... usually it makes it look like your posing with whatever characters or attractions that are in that area.

I've only been to Disney as we usually stay inside the Disney compound. Thanks

When we were at DisneyWorld in all the parks there were photographers walking around and you could have your picture taken at various spots such was Main Street with the castle behind you. Do they have the same thing at Universal? I think I remember her boss saying they moved her into HR, inside for a sitdown job when she was in her late pregnancy.

She was at a kiosk which basically means she was working behind a counter selling pictures. I specifically remember a ride called the 'Tower of Terror' at Disney and the pictures were taken automatically. There were others too but that's the only one I can remember because the pictures were hilarious. As soon as we got off the ride we could see all the digital pictures up on the wall designated by a number. The employees were all standing up the entire time waiting to take your number. Same thing with Hershey Park. I think the key term here is kiosk, which means she was working at one of those electronic picture taking booths.

I'm not saying there aren't others actually taking pictures but if she was at a kiosk, she was not taking the pictures. The cameras are mounted on the rides.

IMO

excerpt:
"Cindy Anthony said that, before Caylee was born, Casey Anthony's passion was photography.
"She just lucked into a photography job at Universal Studios, not at Universal Studios, but for Kodak, and she has a plaque. She was the employee of the year," Cindy Anthony said."

Was the said plaque a "five finger discount" that KC brought home? Did it have KC's name on it or was it a generic plaque that just said Employee of the year?? Has any one seen it beisdes Cindy??:waitasec:

Was the said plaque a "five finger discount" that KC brought home? Did it have KC's name on it or was it a generic plaque that just said Employee of the year?? Has any one seen it beisdes Cindy??:waitasec:

Maybe the plaque is in the drawer with all her tax returns and pay slips from Universal for the years 2006, 2007 and 2008.

We already knew the water was knee deep, now thanks to the defense saying these are their witnesses , we learn the water was....wait for it.....WAIST DEEP.

OMG, it must be my birthday! You just can't make this stuff up!!!

Casey Defense Witnesses: Area Was Submerged

"The Galloways told WESH 2 News on Thursday that the area where the remains were later found was under waist-deep water in September 2008. From what they saw, they said they believe Caylee Anthony's remains were present and submerged."

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26562463/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/19372139/detail.html

Q: Casey will call the Lowell correction facility for Women home in the next few months weather she gets DP or LWOP?

And that is located 2 hours away from Orlando in Ocala right?

We already knew the water was knee deep, now thanks to the defense saying these are their witnesses , we learn the water was....wait for it.....WAIST DEEP.

OMG, it must be my birthday! You just can't make this stuff up!!!

Casey Defense Witnesses: Area Was Submerged

"The Galloways told WESH 2 News on Thursday that the area where the remains were later found was under waist-deep water in September 2008. From what they saw, they said they believe Caylee Anthony's remains were present and submerged."

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26562463/detail.html

Well, those "investigative" dollars were sure spent wisely, huh? :mad:

Please, please Judge Perry, do not give this disgrace of a defense team any more taxpayer dollars to fish and harass any more people ... especially not volunteers who helped search for the victim !!

Employee of the month or employee of the year....with Casey's track record she could have gone to an engraving shop and bought herself a plaque...
HMMMM I'm surprised she doesn't have an "Event Planner Employee of the Month" plaque to prove she had a job...she had a Universal lanyard saying she was an employee...ya know :floorlaugh:

Didn't that lanyard have somebody else's name on it? (Maybe I'm remembering it wrong?)

Well, those "investigative" dollars were sure spent wisely, huh? :mad:

Please, please Judge Perry, do not give this disgrace of a defense team any more taxpayer dollars to fish and harass any more people ... especially not volunteers who helped search for the victim !!

The chair is rockin
the pen is clickin

oh boy oh boy oh boy

for my friends who live there, as a tax payer I am angry about this waste of money!!

Kathi is going to have a field day with this. Love her!!!
For journalism students....this is how you GET YOUR QUOTE for the headline!!!!
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/19372139/detail.html

That slide show is hilarious TWA! :floorlaugh: Let's hope the JAC will follow Baez' moves as closely as Kathy does there.

Seven Things an Investigator Should Know:
http://www.justiceadmin.org/faq/Training%20Modules/Seven%20Things%20Investigator.pdf

The order authorizing private investigator services should be obtained prior to the commencement of any investigator services. Generally, the attorney will need to file a motion for private investigator services prior to the investigator commencing work on the case. So in other words.....get permission for hours prior to using them?? So JB's, let's roll the 100+ hours billed into the anticipated newly approved 300 hours requested isn't on par with JAC regs??

An investigator is not a substitute for a paralegal or secretary and cannot be used to perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, retrieving discovery from the state attorney; copying documents from a court file; delivering materials to the defendant; or other tasks of a paralegal or secretarial nature.

Investigators must submit a detailed invoice including an hourly statement. The hourly statement must include the date of each service, the type of service provided, and amount of time worked for each service. If more than one investigator provided services, the hourly statement must identify the name of the investigators and the services performed by each investigator. So billing for TES phone calls made at the courthouse should be itemized under other investigative license #'s??? Ooops looks like Jerry and Gil lumped their time in under one invoice. Hmmmmmmmm

The statement should be billed in hours and tenths of hours.
So Jerry is rather talented in his ability to end jobs on the hour. WOW.

[/B]

BBM, that slideshow is amazing. Baez is pulling the " Paris Hilton" phone trick

He has such hubris. Someone used that word here the other day and I had to look it up. Now I have to use it three times so I remember it.:crazy:

I like the word hubris..reminds me of debris (smiles)

http://www.ninja9.org/publications/Policies/UNIFORM ADMIN POLICIES PROCEDURES OF CIVIL DIV.pdf

(A) Who Is To Prepare.
(1) Proposed orders and judgments will be prepared by the prevailing attorney
unless the Judge designates some other attorney or states that he or she will prepare the order
or judgment.
(2) When submitting proposed orders or judgments, counsel shall also include
sufficient copies and self address stamped envelopes for all parties.

I was just going to say, depending on the jurisdiction, judge, etc...It is not unusual at all to draft a proposed Order and include it when submitting the motion. Kind of a convenience/courtesy thing. Often the judge will sign the Order submitted. (I do NOT expect that to happen in this case at all.)

I'm just saying in your run-of-the-mill-non-capital-murder case, it is not unusual at all. More often than not, I attach one too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius
Back