How is This affecting you, your kids and your family?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last night, my boyfriend's 7 and 9 year old daughters asked if we could say a christmas prayer for the "little girl murdered by her mother"! I was a bit taken aback. i said, do you mean Caylee? and they both said yes, Caylee. :(

Just goes to show how much little ones hear when you don't think they are listening. My 6-year-old grandson hears every word that comes out of my mouth, even the bad words. We have to watch it.

When he was 3, we were driving to my mom's house. I saw a new shopping center where they'd cut trees down and I muttered something about killing trees.

He burst into tears later at my mom's house, and cried and cried over those trees.

I think he's way too little to be concerned with murdered children but that's just me. :)

When my 5 year old granddaughter saw the story on the news with them
searching the Antony's back yard she said "Nana she fell in the swimming pool"

When my 3 year old granddaughter sees a picture of Caylee on the news she asks "Is her dead?"
and when I say yes she says "Is her in heaven with Grandma Jackie"?
and I say yes. (Jackie is my mom).

I watch both of them while my daughter works and they both like to watch
the videos of Caylee and look at her pictures.

They know her name is "Caylee Marie Anthony"
And the both know her mom hurt her.

My 8 yr old also believes Caylee fell in the pool. I know mine have been overexposed. This is the first time I've ever "followed" a case and it didn't actually occur to me that they'd take an interesr...especially early on when it was just a missing persons case. I don't know what about it has made me so obsessed with finding the truth, but it has been pretty consuming...and sadly, I'm not sure if we'll ever know what really happened. The youngest, age 6, is not only upset about KC being the accused...I found out just this morning that he's been talking to his sister (8) about DNA tests and if they could be wrong-I'm on the bad mommy list now, without a doubt! No 6 year old should even have cause to wonder about DNA results. What was I thinking?? No more NG with children still awake!

Caylee's case has not affected our family at all, but it has me terrible sad.

My 14 y/o daughter and I hug tighter and more often now. We have both cried at the loss of Caylee. Especially when they play the video where she is singing. We are both grateful that we don't understand how someone could hurt a child.

She hasn't followed the case as closely as I have, but apparently she doesn't think I'm such a "mean Mom" anymore. THAT is quite a compliment coming from a teenage girl.

My ten year old just shakes his head when the news comes on....and when I watch Nancy Grace and he wonders out to the living room , he hates it when they play the video of her singing ...he has said a few times recently "I wished they would quit playing that over and over again MOM...that little girl is dead and it makes me sad to think the last song she got to sing says to not take my sunshine away!'
I just hug him and fight back tears!!!

How has this effected my family? My son has banned me from checking on on this site, so I have to do it on the sly. He feels that Caylee has taken over my life, and he is right. I am so devastated and befuddled by this case.

He is right.

I need to stop.

Can we have a 12 step program regarding Caylee?

My son is 9 and is on the autism spectrum. He has extremely limited speech and language, although he has shown huge growth the past 6 months.

The other night I was watching NG and he came in the room and pointed to the picture of Caylee with her blue shirt on and said, "Girl's happy in the blue shirt." Then he said, "What's that?" wanting to know her name so I told him that was Caylee. Now when he goes to bed, he turns the tv on in his room to NG and looks for pictures of Caylee and points to her and says, "Caylee."

She's touched so many people.

Sometimes my son says she's crying and sad when he points to her picture on tv. I'm not sure about that because they don't show any pictures of her crying. She's always smiling. :confused:

My husband is annoyed because I watch NG, and she irritates him (he thinks she is a pit bull). He also doesn't see why anyone would want to watch this stuff "Who wants to sit around a dwell on cases of people who have died or gotten hurt or gone missing? Morbid" he says. (I watch, because I care.)

My four year old doesn't understand but has noticed me watching and when the pictures come up of Caylee in her sunglasses, the beautiful one of Caylee lying on the bed, or the video of Caylee singing "You Are My Sunshine" my four year stops and watches raptly and says "Who is that little girl mama?"

I explained it as best I could, that it's a little girl who went to heaven. My four year old doesn't really grasp this but she said "Awwww. I feel sorry for her. She's cute. I think she is a nice girl."

And today, Christmas Eve, I am angry. Little Caylee should be getting ready for Santa to come tonight so she should be hanging out at home, excited, and maybe helping someone wrap last minute gifts for others, or eating Christmas goodies and watching cartoons. So today I am angry and tearful...trying to hide it from the kids. But I keep tearing up. I can't stop thinking of Caylee.

I too hug my daughter tighter and more often now. She will be 3 in January (really close to Caylee's age) so I can relate to all the things Caylee would be doing right now and my heart aches with pain that she is not here.

When Caylee first went missing my daughter (8 years old) saw a piece on the news about her she said to me "momma did her mom kill her" and I said that I didn't know but it sure was looking like she did. My daughters response to this was "Well I know you wouldn't kill me, you won't even let me cross the street by myself". Out of the mouths of babes.

My adult children are in fear of me calling them, "Psychopaths," I have them looking up every personality disorder with out asking them. Sure wish they'd jump more often!!!

I have an adult mentally handicapped son who still lives at home. He caught NG here & there but took an interest. He used to ask me every day if they found "that girl." Now he knows they did. Just today he said " it's terrible for a mom to do that, to leave her little girl in the woods like that." EVEN HE GETS IT.

Because of this case, we also joined with Tim & crew for an NC search Ms. Tang, a handicapped woman who wondered away from a group home type home. My son understood what was going on & searched his heart out in the cold, wind & rain. He was very sad we didnt find her & does ask about her as well. It has taught us so much.

Caylee's message should not be lost. All of us need to be aware of the children around us. Parents, grand parents, teachers, brothers, sisters.........all of us...listen to your instincts. If you think something is wrong, please dont just walk away. If you make mom or dad mad because you called LE or Child welfare to ck out something eating at your gut, but you save the child, it's okay. No child is put on this earth to be neglected, abused, dumped. All children are a gift from God to love & cherish. Please dont ever ignore your gut....just think of Caylee. IF only someone had been there for her.
God bless each of you & have a wonderful holiday.

I have been so involved in this case from day one or should I say day 31. It's just so sad that a mother could do this to her little girl when she had other options like giving Caylee to her mom and dad. Caylee has really touched my heart.

I have grown children who are very aware of little Caylee and what has happened to her. They all hope that Casey never gets out of prison. My granddaughter is 23 and has a beautiful little girl who is nearly 11 month old. She is a single mom and one of the best. She can't imagine ever being mean to her baby much less murdering her. My sister lives a state away and we call each other and talk about this case. We knew it would be Caylee in those woods but it was heartbreaking just the same to hear it confirmed.

I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be touched when it comes to an innocent little child being abused and murdered and then to have a mother that acts like she could care less and partied in celebration of her freedom from motherhood.

The main way this case has affected me, I take more time with my kids now than I have in the past, because I now realize how special they actually are, and how much my "real life" revolves around them.

Since many of us our moms and have been glued to our computers lately, today my 6 year old just asked me what I was watching and I turned the volume off and said a little girl died and they think her mommy had something to do with it and his eyes got really big and said you mean her mommy killed her? that is just wrong mommy that is just wrong...I know you would never EVER kill me.......brought tears to my eyes and gave him a big hug and tickled him......
I just now revisited the subject with my son has been asking why I have been on the computer so much so I explained (as simply as possible to a six year old can comprehend and was overwhelmed by his responses). I just talked to my little boo bear again (he's 6 now) and asked him what he thought about a mommy killing her child and he said "mommy......I hate her.....I really hate her and I would take a sword or my laser and kill her.....I reminded him that we should never say the word "hate" and he said "sorry mommy but that is just wrong and I do hate her, she was so cute....don't be mad mommy but I do hate her." I was so touched.......I said I know honey.....but sometimes people are sick in their minds......"you mean crazy?" Yes....."I don't care, I would kill her; that's just wrong mommy."

My 9 y/o asked this morning, "Didn't she love her?"

I guess you have to be able to love and I don't think ICA is capable of loving.

my dd 10 is aware of my passion for crimes against children. In regards to this case she told me long ago, around the time Caylee was found and the 31 days was being trotted out as a bombshell again on such shows as Nancy Grace, "that lady does not act like a mommy" in response to seeing the party pics being flashed on the screen. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree with her, lol

My 7 year old son is oblivious. He is far too busy with his own play and activities to notice what mom is watching or doing.

It's not an appropriate subject for children IMO
-definitely not the details-

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member