How will Jaycee heal?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
could be a glitch in her recovery or could give her closure she needs. given how strong jaycee has been thru the years to survive this, i''ll go with the latter :)
btw there's a prelim hearing oct 29th i think........

I'm betwix and between on this one............for some testifying against the perpetrator could bring the closure needed to put it all behind them, or could be a glitch in their recovery. For each victim, it may be different.

Whatever is best for Jaycee, let's hope that's the route taken.

I'm betwix and between on this one............for some testifying against the perpetrator could bring the closure needed to put it all behind them, or could be a glitch in their recovery. For each victim, it may be different.

Whatever is best for Jaycee, let's hope that's the route taken.

i agree. was about to start a seperate thread about how elizabeth smart might testify at her kidnappers "mental competency" hearing this week. seems her and her dad are sick of him faking his little spells in court and she wants to testify that his kidnapping here wasnt out of religion fanatisicim but cause he's a rapist
i dont know if jaycee will have to testify but if she does i know she can be as strong as elizabeth

That sounds like a prison to me. Doing something like that would be extremely destructive IMO, these girls need to learn to live a normal live, not be cloistered in some hidden compound.

Btw, allthough they may get what appears to be a large amount of money to you, it will likely not be enough, and certainly not enough for the prison you are proposing.

It would be nice to see them live so-called "normal" lives, however, seclusion is pretty much all they've known and probably what they identify with. While you or I would find being hidden away in a compound of any kind unsavory, it probably is actually what they're most comfortable with and that probably won't ever completely change. They'll probably always want some sort of seclusion since their brains were developed in such surroundings. It's probably most healthy for them to remain comfortable but at the same time directed away from isolating themselves by occasional trips out and about and interraction with loved ones and trust. A cozy ranch in the middle of nowhere with horses would be perfect, I think. Horses can heal any wounded soul. It would be nice, though, if they were able to live what you and I consider normal lives. I'm guessing that our normal is very different than their normal.

It would be nice to see them live so-called "normal" lives, however, seclusion is pretty much all they've known and probably what they identify with. While you or I would find being hidden away in a compound of any kind unsavory, it probably is actually what they're most comfortable with and that probably won't ever completely change. They'll probably always want some sort of seclusion since their brains were developed in such surroundings. It's probably most healthy for them to remain comfortable but at the same time directed away from isolating themselves by occasional trips out and about and interraction with loved ones and trust. A cozy ranch in the middle of nowhere with horses would be perfect, I think. Horses can heal any wounded soul. It would be nice, though, if they were able to live what you and I consider normal lives. I'm guessing that our normal is very different than their normal.

I read the other day. It was either the lawyer that they've retained or Ms. Probyn, I forgot which. But whichever one it was said that Jaycee and the girls are getting "stir crazy" in the safe house. I was a little surprised at that and thought it kind of ironic, considering.

I read the other day. It was either the lawyer that they've retained or Ms. Probyn, I forgot which. But whichever one it was said that Jaycee and the girls are getting "stir crazy" in the safe house. I was a little surprised at that and thought it kind of ironic, considering.

Maybe stir crazy because of the unfamiliar surroundings and the nature of the reasons why they're in those unfamiliar surroundings? Poor kids, this has to be hardest on them. They knew no life other than the one they had with Garridos, unfortunately, to them it was normal and they probably don't view it as unfortunate, like we do. The feelings they are feeling are probably similar to the feelings a child has when a parent dies unexpectedly. The house that is viewed as disgusting and horrific was home to them, their childhood home.

i doubt this will happen with jaycee. she is shunning the public eye anyways.
also elizabeth smart has gone public and this kind of backlash has not happened against her when she speaks out.

That is because it was handled properly in her case. Enough information was released to satisfy public curiosity (mostly), and she didn't try to ride her "fame" as it were.

No, that would leave them victims for life, they will never recover if they do that. In any case I doubt it will work, the girls are teenagers (or soon will be). The natural urge of raging hormones and biology to break free and form their own families will drive them to rebel and explore the world (or want to). To crush that would wound them forever.

This is a critical time in the life of any girl that age, what happens to them now will be with them for the rest of their lives.

Maybe stir crazy because of the unfamiliar surroundings and the nature of the reasons why they're in those unfamiliar surroundings? Poor kids, this has to be hardest on them. They knew no life other than the one they had with Garridos, unfortunately, to them it was normal and they probably don't view it as unfortunate, like we do. The feelings they are feeling are probably similar to the feelings a child has when a parent dies unexpectedly. The house that is viewed as disgusting and horrific was home to them, their childhood home.

No, they are probably getting stir crazy because they know they are free (in the case of Jaycee) or that there is a whole new world out there (in the case of the girls), and they are probably being locked up. That would have to be pretty frustrating for them, and if it isnt handled properly it could lead to long term feelings of anger and resentment.

When I asked if recovery from trauma such as the one Jaycee and her daughters have experienced takes many years, she was optimistic.
“There’s a myth about the recovery in these cases taking a lifetime, but it isn’t that there’s doom to years and years of never being happy,” said Dr. Cohen. “In fact some of these therapies can take about 12 – 15 weeks to get the person to feel and think about feelings, then talk about trauma and finally look to the future. That’s what I think Jaycee is already doing. Looks like she’s doing a superb job”.
In one shot, Jaycee and her mother cuddle. Dr. Cohen said “the smiles show the pleasure in being with each other. Their huge grins. It’s a mother and daughter showing adoration. You see it in their eyes, both smiling ear to ear. They are so happy to be together and seem to use humor to elicit support from each other – and that’s what this therapy is about. Love and support are key.”
more at link: http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/14/concerns-and-optimism-over-jaycee-dugards-exclusive-photos/

Mystery surrounding kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard deepens
[SIZE=-1]San Jose Mercury News[/SIZE]

Sometime between the June morning she was yanked into a car near South Lake Tahoe in 1991 and this week when she surfaced alive with the man accused of taking her, Jaycee Dugard stopped thinking of Phillip Garrido as her kidnapper and saw him more as a husband, her step-father said Friday.

Even though she was raped within a month of the kidnapping, according to court records, and secretly housed in a backyard shed, Dugard, then 11 and now 29, apparently never told her two children she was kidnapped. When she greeted her mother at a tearful reunion this week, her first words were "Hi, Mom, I have babies."

"Jaycee has strong feelings with this guy," her stepfather, Carl Probyn, said Friday. "She really feels it's almost like a marriage."

That revelation was just one of the surprises to surface Friday as the mystery deepened of what happened to the little blonde, blue-eyed girl kidnapped on her way to school nearly two decades ago.

Oh boy! She's going to need a lot of therapy given this revelation! I hope he hasn't brain-washed her and the girls with his brand of "religion".

This brings up something I was thinking about weeks ago. I think to Jaycee it was a relief and will be a healing factor just to be recognized as a mother. While it may seem odd to us, being recognized as having been in a sort of marriage will also be healing. She can now begin her journey to understanding what a healthy marriage would be and how a mother and wife should be treated with honor and respect.

I hope this makes sense, but she has been denied the titles even of mother and wife by everyone around her for all those years. It seems very healthy to me that the first thing she wanted and did tell her mom is that "I have babies!". That makes me cry more than anything, good tears because she got to say that. She can now be a woman who has a loving mother to support her, something else she was denied. Not only denied the love, but she had two female elders who helped abuse and disrespect her position as mother, daughter, and human being by promoting such severe oppression. Yes, Jaycee can now be loved and sort through what that means. But, a great gift also is to give love to others - that she can now do also without it being used against her. It's as great of a gift to be able to give love as it is to receive.

Her daughters will also be going through a transition with her. I think even given their brainwashing or what else, they are young and Jaycee and her family will show them what family really is and how bereft their idea of that probably was. I think Jaycee will experience much healing because her daughters love her and will realize that she has missed so much and hurt so much. We don't know what went on, but as the girls age, they will surely recognize part of Jaycee's journey as being even more horrible than theirs. She was forcefully taken from her own family and forced to bear children then not be able to claim them as her own. I hope all of them can go through the stages of grief that will lead them to a new understanding and healing - to a get on with their new life in all its fabulous wonders and glory and freedom.

This brings up something I was thinking about weeks ago. I think to Jaycee it was a relief and will be a healing factor just to be recognized as a mother. While it may seem odd to us, being recognized as having been in a sort of marriage will also be healing. She can now begin her journey to understanding what a healthy marriage would be and how a mother and wife should be treated with honor and respect.

I hope this makes sense, but she has been denied the titles even of mother and wife by everyone around her for all those years. It seems very healthy to me that the first thing she wanted and did tell her mom is that "I have babies!". That makes me cry more than anything, good tears because she got to say that. She can now be a woman who has a loving mother to support her, something else she was denied. Not only denied the love, but she had two female elders who helped abuse and disrespect her position as mother, daughter, and human being by promoting such severe oppression. Yes, Jaycee can now be loved and sort through what that means. But, a great gift also is to give love to others - that she can now do also without it being used against her. It's as great of a gift to be able to give love as it is to receive.

Her daughters will also be going through a transition with her. I think even given their brainwashing or what else, they are young and Jaycee and her family will show them what family really is and how bereft their idea of that probably was. I think Jaycee will experience much healing because her daughters love her and will realize that she has missed so much and hurt so much. We don't know what went on, but as the girls age, they will surely recognize part of Jaycee's journey as being even more horrible than theirs. She was forcefully taken from her own family and forced to bear children then not be able to claim them as her own. I hope all of them can go through the stages of grief that will lead them to a new understanding and healing - to a get on with their new life in all its fabulous wonders and glory and freedom.

some of you guys sure have a good way of making a cranky, cynical and saracstic guy tear up..........

i noticed this too in the pics. you can really see it's not hyberbole when we heard they were 'best friends' before this happened. you can see it in the pics. the years have passed, horrible things have happened but they are still tight.

i noticed this too in the pics. you can really see it's not hyberbole when we heard they were 'best friends' before this happened. you can see it in the pics. the years have passed, horrible things have happened but they are still tight.

What a blessing that Jaycee has her loving mother and friend back, her loving stepfather and friend back. For her to be able to her childrens grandparents giving them the love, safety and respect that all children should be given is probably allowing her to sleep in peace and awake to such an expanded world that it's no wonder she is smiling in those pics.

What a blessing that Jaycee has her loving mother and friend back, her loving stepfather and friend back. For her to be able to her childrens grandparents giving them the love, safety and respect that all children should be given is probably allowing her to sleep in peace and awake to such an expanded world that it's no wonder she is smiling in those pics.

and a sis who probably thinks she hit the jackpot getting a sister and two neices ;0)

No, they are probably getting stir crazy because they know they are free (in the case of Jaycee) or that there is a whole new world out there (in the case of the girls), and they are probably being locked up. That would have to be pretty frustrating for them, and if it isnt handled properly it could lead to long term feelings of anger and resentment.
Well since we now know they are horse-back riding for therapy, they are not locked up, they're getting out and getting fresh air.

The oldest girl will reach majority within 3 years, probably before the trial even completes (if the Smart case is any yardstick). At that point she will be able to make her own decisions regarding the Garridos. If they weren't personally physically or otherwise abused, I don't think it improbable that she would want to continue a relationship with them. The younger girl will be exposed to "re-programming" for a much longer period, and her mind is more pliable, so I wouldn't be surprised if she develops a very negative view of her father when she becomes an adult.

I'm curious how their relationship with their mother will develop, especially the oldest one. I don't think she will ever really see Jaycee as her mother in the conventional sense, she is too old, her personality too set by now.

I can't imagine that Jaycee would either:

1: Forsake her children if they decide to see their alleged father again, although I think this will be something she will request them to decide only after both the trial is complete and they reach the legal age to make such a momentous decision. Being in an environment with healthy role models as to parenting and grand parenting may have a very positive effect in helping the girls realize that the bond they have to pg is not a healthy or positive one to pursue. I also believe that as they foster meaningful relationships in an environment that promotes a normalacy they are further exposed to, they will realize that just because someone is a biological father, it is far from someone being a "Dad". I would hope that Carl and Shayna, as well as Carl and Jaycees relationships (if one exists in the future) would go far into their future insights.

2: We are possibly selling these girls of Jaycees' short. Many people have spoken of their intelligence. They had to be aware of the differences in the relationship between them and their "older sister" and how the three of them related and interacted with pg and ng. Kids are VERY curious anyway, it would be interesting, to say the least, if they never wondered about things. I can not see anyone trying to control their relationships after this has been to trial and the girls reach the age to make their decisions. Offer guidance, sure, deny, not likely.

3: Relationship with Jaycee as their Mother vs an older sister will be difficult at times, I would imagine. First of all the girls have personalities that are now free to develop. One aspect of teenagers is to rebel and question. This can be hard in a normal parent/child relationship, so will have additional issues here. It will take time for them to realize and accept why Jaycee made the decisions she did. I am sure the girls will have many probing and painful questions. There may also be jealousy of the relationships between Terry, Shayna and Jaycee. I am sure that at times they will feel joy, anger, depression and hopefully trust as the healing process occurs.

I have a feeling that despite the controlling by pg, that the girls were also led to believe that as his children they were also "better" than a mere mortal that can not talk to God. I wonder how he encouraged the girls to treat Jaycee. This could have a huge impact into how they bond.

I think and hope for their sake, that these girls will come to realize that through a Mothers love, Jaycee may have made the ultimate sacrifice to stay with the monsters that pg and ng are! I will once again say thank God for Terry and Shayna and their devotion to Jaycee and the girls!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmaxwell
Back