Huckaby tied to January missing girl report

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/43356302.html#

snippet of interest that is applicable:

Police logs obtained by ABC News show there was a report of a missing child on January 17th from the Orchard Estates - the same mobile home park where Sandra Cantu disappeared, and where Huckaby lived with her grandparents.

The police logs also state "the child is possibly with another resident's grandaughter" and that both were seen driving "from the park in a purple Kia Sportage."

KK,
look up ^^^ I just posted two links for you on the cameras from the media thread (I only knew where they were because I copy and pasted all of them when we got the sub forum LOL)

Thanks so much.

That's a strange story as well, but it says nothing about Sandra being drugged. I am having trouble believing that part of this "gossip", as it would be something that the family would think of, as well. They haven't mentioned this, have they? And now with the other child's story of being drugged out, why wouldn't someone come forward with this one?

And surely Sandra's family would have mentioned to LE the child had been drugged. And surely LE would have remembered when a second child was drugged.

I guess stranger things have happened, but I'm going to remain skeptical about Sandra being previously drugged and that not being mentioned or reported to LE at the time, nor to the press now that Sandra is a murder victim. Maybe it did happen and for some reason it's been kept out of the press, but the tabs would pay big money for that story.

O/T but I found the docs uploaded for the complaint filed in court for MH's theft charges at Target. It's in the doc's thread.

I posted this earlier it was in a media report that gives times.

January 17 at 5:17p.m. local time. (911 call made)

At 5:31 p.m., police reported that the girl was with Huckaby at a nearby park.

At 5:39 p.m., the girl was returned, and police left without filing charges.

Then we see the LE report on the second call requesting LE for same child, while that child is at hospital:

Time recieved: 22:00
Time dispatch: 22:01
At Scene: 22:06
Time closed: 02:14

The second call was recieved at 22:00 and the child was in the ER, and the complaint was made that this child had benzo (like muscle relaxant) in her system.

That does narrow down a time line a bit. Then we would need to take into consideration, time to transport child to ER, triage at ER, Drug Screens to be performed and results to come back...

exactly what I was thinking, Kat. I also found this....when looking for normal lab run times for tox screens (at the large hospital I work for they can process in one to two hours but that is because we have the equipment and manpower).. it is a little disturbing because benzos can remain in the system up to 6 weeks with higher level usage
http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/test/toxicology-screen/overview.html

if she got home at five thirty and was crying and couldn't walk and wouldn't wake up I would think they were at the ER by six thirtyish or seven.. unresponsive kids, at any place I have worked are usually triaged ahead. But triage takes time. With vitals and initial exam and getting the lab techs in to draw the labs you are easily looking at the eight oclock time frame... one to two hours for the tox screen to process and you are right at ten pm when the call was made to le. This is just moo...

ETA: I am also guessing that the molestation exam came into play in between when LE arrived and when they closed out the case (after she was found to be positive for benzos)

SS, I blew it up to 400%, the black ink does completely obliterate the writing and address.

The name of the juv. is listed but I can see no letters or even a top or bottom of them. However, looking at the length of the name it is too long to be Sandra Cantu, even with a middle name. JMHO.

So no DNA testing is done, correct? Would the swabbing show saliva? I am just wondering if the assault was from a female if the same type of testing is done? What signs of a female assault would or could they look for in such cases?

This case has opened up new possibilities for other cold cases.

I didn't say no testing for DNA was done. I assume some of the swabs were tested for biological materials, and if they found semen or blood there would have been more extensive DNA testing. Saliva does not show up as saliva "DNA", as I understand it, but simply leaves skin cells from mouth membranes. Skin cells are already found in the vagina, so perhaps you're right about there being no testing done when skin cells are present on a swab--that's expected. Only a DNA test would determine of those were not the victim's.

Testing was still expensive in those days, so unless there were other signs of vaginal injury, the absence of semen might have precluded any DNA testing of swabs. I don't know, as we were not allowed follow up questions nor input. We were there to assist victims at the point of contact with the sexual assault center. All I know is a number of swabs were taken during the kit exam.

Obviously, in a child, as you stated, bruising, abrasions, bleeding, injuries to the hymen--as well as biological samples--would be documented and used as evidence of abuse of some kind, if not self-inflicted. Younger children aren't good at communicating what has happened to them, so without solid physical evidence and no witnesses talking, it's a hard case to make.

Children who are as old as Sandra and the child in the January incident, however, can talk well enough to say what happened to them. So their testimony, as well as physical evidence, will put a pedophile away--if the abuse is reported. Many times it is not. Shame, guilt, coercion, incest...all can lead families to cover up abuse.

I'm sure you know this. But just to be clear....

This is one strange story, JDB. Thanks for sharing.

Did your source say that the Cantu family reported this drugging of Sandra back then?

Surely LE didn't have TWO children drugged and let it go.

Was Huckaby yet living in the Park? Did the Cantus have an altercation with her family of some kind? With Sinclair?

If this is true, this goes way beyond what we're thinking at this point. It's going to get ugly.

All I jnow so far what the guy at work heard has all happened . An I was told before it came out in the news. Ask SS she received PM from me earlier that day before it came out

All I jnow so far what the guy at work heard has all happened . An I was told before it came out in the news. Ask SS she received PM from me earlier that day before it came out
You are sure right about that JDB!

Oh, for anyone who might read over this thread for hours as I did before moving on to the current info found early today...some of my questions about the Jan. incident have been answered: the child was observed to be in a drugged condition by her family when Huckaby returned her home.

I have no idea why on earth LE didn't follow up with that, but it's a damn shame, because SOMEBODY should have been arrested. Did LE get a SEARCH WARRANT FOR BOTH HUCKABY'S AND THE CHILD'S RESIDENCES?

Damn well SHOULD have!!

O/T but I found the docs uploaded for the complaint filed in court for MH's theft charges at Target. It's in the doc's thread.
there just HAD to be a Target in this case.... uggghh! I wonder what she took??? I also wonder how long she served in LA county. Man, this girl's family doesn't have a clue of her history do they?

Also, does anyone know what you would have to steal to get prison time for a first offense??? I also wonder who was taking care of her child while she was in prison.

Now I am thinking this family HAD to have known all the trouble she was getting into just based on that fact that her little girl had to have SOMEONE look after her thru it all....:confused:

Testing was still expensive in those days, so unless there were other signs of vaginal injury, the absence of semen might have precluded any DNA testing of swabs. I don't know, as we were not allowed follow up questions nor input. We were there to assist victims at the point of contact with the sexual assault center. All I know is a number of swabs were taken during the kit exam.

quote](
respectfully snipped and bolded by me) BINGO! I think you just hit the nail on the head here. They do swabs to test for semen with a rape kit and examine for any injury... in the absence of both of those things they would close it unless the child said something to warrant further exam.

This case sure puts a whole new spin on the rape kit!

giving this link for reference, I think last night many of us were trying to sort out the timeline of the second child. Specifically, IIRC, the time of the test that revealed drugs in the child's system.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/21/earlyshow/main4959183.shtml

As sources spell out the timeline to reporter David Begnaud of CBS station KOVR in Sacramento, Calif., a female neighbor of the Cantus called police to say her daughter was missing on January 17 at 5:17p.m. local time.

At 5:31 p.m., police reported that the girl was with Huckaby at a nearby park.

You mean it took the police only 14 minutes from the initial call to find the little girl in the park with MH?

That's the fastest police work I've ever heard of! Impressive!

I would still like to see the video from the Target incident. I couldn't read the minutes at all. However, while I was checking that one out...this one popped up as related. Not sure it is Melissa as it does not give the name anywhere, but it came up as Huckaby vs. Eli Lilly. It is a class action suit over Zyprexa.:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/489998/Huckaby-v-Eli-Lilly

Lilly’s own published data, which it told its sales representatives to play down in conversations with doctors, has shown that 30 percent of patients taking Zyprexa gain 22 pounds or more after a year on the drug, another study showed 16% of Zyprexa patients gained at least 30 kg (66 pounds) in one year, and some patients have reported gaining 100 pounds or more. But Lilly was concerned that Zyprexa’s sales would be hurt if the company was more forthright about the fact that the drug might cause unmanageable weight gain or diabetes, according to the documents, which cover the period 1995 to 2004. In 2006, Lilly paid $700 million to settle 8,000 lawsuits from people who said they had developed diabetes or other diseases after taking Zyprexa. Thousands more suits are still pending.[31]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olanzapine

Just to clarify the Jan. one was not Sandra. Sandra was 6 months ago right around the Cameras were placed because of the "Slashing of Tires". Sandra was found behind her Mobile Home unresponsive. And no one knew who slipped her the drug that did it to her.

This is the first time I have heard of Sandra having possibly been drugged six months ago, and found "behind her Mobile Home unresponsive". :eek:
I understand you have a confidential source, but can we trust this is reliable?

If this is true, it's a enormous story.
I hope LE is putting together a detailed timeline of MH's activities over the past several years, and all the people she associated with during that time.

They don't say they found her there tho. Could Melissa have actually gotten a phone call from her grandmother and brought her back to home while LE was there? It is upsetting they only spent 20 minutes or so to investigate why this child was missing without her mother or grandmother's knowledge. Incredibly insufficient, imo. Then when they find out she had drugs in her system from the hospital...they still did not follow up the possibilities in the case. Totally inadequate job by LE!

Off Topic: Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. x 10.

There you go, Neebee!

On Topic: From what I can read, it doesn't say much except in the redacted parts! The address where they were first called on Clover and a comment about the mother are blacked out. It states the mother is OS (on site?) redacted then stated to be in the hallway at ER and they have no info on the mother...but they redacted after that until it says closed dispo: report to follow.

Can someone read the times? They aren't clear enough on my screen. Thanks.

LE was called this second time at 10:01 p.m. (22:01:13) (I think it said 13 seconds).

Salem

This is the first time I have heard of Sandra having possibly been drugged six months ago, and found "behind her Mobile Home unresponsive". :eek:
I understand you have a confidential source, but can we trust this is reliable?

If this is true, it's a enormous story.
I hope LE is putting together a detailed timeline of MH's activities over the past several years, and all the people she associated with during that time.
So far his source has been accurate on every front. ;) I would say that the information is reliable. It is an enormous story!

after the video interview with the sister... it is obvious that the child was already "medicated". The sister also said that after they called about her missing, LE came and searched the entire mobile home park and didn't find her... and then two hours later up pulls Huckaby in her purple kia suv and drops off the little girl.

Seems like searching the entire mobile home park for a missing child is nothing new to orchard estates or LE. What a HUGE RED FLAG they should have seen waving when Sandra went missing (moo of course)

eta: I think a lot of this boils down to gender bias (moo)

This changes everything :eek: about what might have happened to this child :eek::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Two hours? After we were led to believe that MH took the child home within 15 minutes of contact with LE? I'm not understanding this. All articles said LE found the child at the park with MH at 5:30/5:31 p.m. Then MH took the child home at 5:45 p.m. What is this couple hours later? Was MH waiting for the drug to wear off? What did she do to this child?

Salem

This changes everything :eek: about what might have happened to this child :eek::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Two hours? After we were led to believe that MH took the child home within 15 minutes of contact with LE? I'm not understanding this. All articles said LE found the child at the park with MH at 5:30/5:31 p.m. Then MH took the child home at 5:45 p.m. What is this couple hours later? Was MH waiting for the drug to wear off? What did she do to this child?

Salem

This is unbelieveable! MH was almost caught! I wonder how many other young girls she 'practised on' before she killed Sandra. Where did she tell her family she was with all this missing time? Wonder if she had a 'pattern'.......
I am furious also.:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back