Huckaby tied to January missing girl report

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's also going to depend on how she gave the drug. If she crushed it up and mixed it with something like bubble gum, or water the onset would be a lot faster than if she gave it to her whole and she swallowed it.
There would be a taste associated to most drugs which a child wouldn't like, imo. (Have you ever tried to give a kid their meds by trying to disguise them?) Rohypnol doesn't. It can be administered easily in any drink. The effects are very long lasting afterwards. The best way I can describe it is being in a stupor after the amnesia/sleep phase wears off. Depending on the dose given, the effects can last up to 24 hours.

Originally posted by KoldKase:
In the Jan. incident, the child apparently made no complaints or accusations, and I do imagine that the hospital would have checked her out for sexual abuse under the circumstances.

When they checked the girl for sexual assault...were they under the assumption the assault would have been from a male? They checked for vaginal bruising, tearing, and semen perhaps? Maybe a DNA test would have provided further information than a check for semen under the circumstances. OR...Melissa's plan was cut short and she didn't have time to molest the girl.

ETA: Maybe procedures need to be reexamined about rape kits in the hospitals, imo. They should be free of gender bias and DNA testing should be routine instead of just checking for semen samples. (Or do they already do this?)

The redacted parts are not readable.
Did you enlarge it to the maximum? It sure looks like it could be even on what the smaller one I was able to enlarge a bit. I don't have MWsnap anymore and can't take it up any higher. (Can you tell I really want to read those?! LOL)

ETA: Thanks, Nora and Kat!! :)

I have it saved to photoshop but I can't get the file to load. Do I need to convert it?

ETA: Converted it to .jpeg, hope this one works, I may need to alter size?
it is times like this that I wish I could hit the thanks button about a hundred times ;-)

There are so many questions about this earlier incident. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but then, we aren't getting much of the story, are we?

The only part that does make sense to me is if Huckaby was using this as a trial run, as a "testing" of the drug and its effect on the children.

There are too many unanswered questions about this. I keep thinking about the neighbor's comment that the FBI told her not to talk about it. Someone said the FBI was brought in when Sandra went missing, as it was a possible kidnapping. I get that, but why would they still be involved? Did the Tracy PD ask them for help? That would be smart, as this is looking like a complex case on some levels. But why is the FBI talking to neighbors about the earlier "drugging" incident from Jan. and telling her not to talk about this? That child wasn't missing long enough for the FBI to be brought in THEN. So it would seem they're asking about that NOW, in the Cantu murder. That's the part that I find puzzling.

For now, we don't actually know that Huckaby did take either or both children to the park in January and not somewhere else, as someone has pointed out, like to the empty church. We don't know that she did or didn't drug either or both children. We don't know what the drug was, how long or how much she gave the child, if she gave it to her.

We don't know when the child was returned exactly, and if she was "sleepy" or "napping" and that might have delayed the mother's alarm. Did Huckaby actually take the child and put her to bed in her home, laughing with the mother at the "mistake" and talking about how hard the children played and how tired the children were? We have no idea, because LE isn't telling us.

I find it way too suspect in the light of Sandra's murder to not think Huckaby did drug that child and somehow managed to get away with it. I also now suspect that Huckaby has been involved in something making her own child "sickly". Maybe Huckaby found out, like Casey Anthony, that drugs are "Zany the nanny". Of course, I'm speculating here, of course, but I find these "coincidences" of drugged and sickly children around Huckaby too sinister now to think they're not related.

it is times like this that I wish I could hit the thanks button about a hundred times ;-)
Off Topic: Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. x 10.

There you go, Neebee!

On Topic: From what I can read, it doesn't say much except in the redacted parts! The address where they were first called on Clover and a comment about the mother are blacked out. It states the mother is OS (on site?) redacted then stated to be in the hallway at ER and they have no info on the mother...but they redacted after that until it says closed dispo: report to follow.

Can someone read the times? They aren't clear enough on my screen. Thanks.

When they checked the girl for sexual assault...were they under the assumption the assault would have been from a male? They checked for vaginal bruising, tearing, and semen perhaps? Maybe a DNA test would have provided further information than a check for semen under the circumstances. OR...Melissa's plan was cut short and she didn't have time to molest the girl.

ETA: Maybe procedures need to be reexamined about rape kits in the hospitals, imo. They should be free of gender bias and DNA testing should be routine instead of just checking for semen samples. (Or do they already do this?)

Well, it's been about a decade since I trained and volunteered with a sexual assault center, but back then pediatricians called in nurses trained in sexual assault examinations when they suspected sex abuse. I have witnessed two such exams done on children aged 3 and 4 when there was a suspicion of abuse: the process was videotaped and extensive, involving swabbing of the vagina for semen samples, as well. I doubt this January case would have been treated with less seriousness, considering a drug was found in the child's blood.

So no DNA testing is done, correct? Would the swabbing show saliva? I am just wondering if the assault was from a female if the same type of testing is done? What signs of a female assault would or could they look for in such cases?

This case has opened up new possibilities for other cold cases.

(my bolding)

Very interesting. I hadn't read this part of the report. So it is very plausible that the girl could have been drugged by ingesting something after she was returned home and that Huckaby had nothing to do with the "drugging".

It was "very plausible" then, but not anymore....

Okay this is a report by LE about the child at the hospital.

At the top left hand corner states time stamps:

Time recieved: 22:00
Time dispatch: 22:01
At Scene: 22:06
Time closed: 02:14

(there are other abbreviations but I have no clue what they are for, someone else can interpret?)

thanks Kat! What are the abreviations? Perhaps we can all try to figure them out...

Just to clarify the Jan. one was not Sandra. Sandra was 6 months ago right around the Cameras were placed because of the "Slashing of Tires". Sandra was found behind her Mobile Home unresponsive. And no one knew who slipped her the drug that did it to her.

What? Are you saying the Cantu family had their tires slashed 6 months ago, and at that time Sandra was found behind her mobile home passed out from drugs?

I totally missed this. Do you have a source?

KK, Jdb got that info from a local on Sandra.

The CC camera was installed a few weeks before sandra went missing. I will find you a link in the media thread....brb

What? Are you saying the Cantu family had their tires slashed 6 months ago, and at that time Sandra was found behind her mobile home passed out from drugs?

I totally missed this. Do you have a source?

Koldcase: I put the slash Tires in quotes for a reason. The source I have is one that lives in Tracy and told me before it happened about Huckaby was going to be arrested. he also told me of the Jan. drugging and why Huckaby was not charged back then. He also was the one that told me about Sandra being found behind the MH. I think that is why the camera was put up because they had no idea who gave her the drugs. I am just sitting here waiting for that one to get to the press.

I posted this earlier it was in a media report that gives times.

January 17 at 5:17p.m. local time. (911 call made)

At 5:31 p.m., police reported that the girl was with Huckaby at a nearby park.

At 5:39 p.m., the girl was returned, and police left without filing charges.

Then we see the LE report on the second call requesting LE for same child, while that child is at hospital:

Time recieved: 22:00
Time dispatch: 22:01
At Scene: 22:06
Time closed: 02:14

The second call was recieved at 22:00 and the child was in the ER, and the complaint was made that this child had benzo (like muscle relaxant) in her system.

That does narrow down a time line a bit. Then we would need to take into consideration, time to transport child to ER, triage at ER, Drug Screens to be performed and results to come back...

Koldcase: I put the slash Tires in quotes for a reason. The source I have is one that lives in Tracy and told me before it happened about Huckaby was going to be arrested. he also told me of the Jan. drugging and why Huckaby was not charged back then. He also was the one that told me about Sandra being found behind the MH. I think that is why the camera was put up because they had no idea who gave her the drugs. I am just sitting here waiting for that one to get to the press.

This is one strange story, JDB. Thanks for sharing.

Did your source say that the Cantu family reported this drugging of Sandra back then?

Surely LE didn't have TWO children drugged and let it go.

Was Huckaby yet living in the Park? Did the Cantus have an altercation with her family of some kind? With Sinclair?

If this is true, this goes way beyond what we're thinking at this point. It's going to get ugly.

thanks Kat! What are the abreviations? Perhaps we can all try to figure them out...

I can't make out the letters of the acronyms but the times next to those look to be a break down of how LE spent those hours on this call. Sorry.

KK,
look up ^^^ I just posted two links for you on the cameras from the media thread (I only knew where they were because I copy and pasted all of them when we got the sub forum LOL)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back