Huckaby tied to January missing girl report

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not only in rape kits involving drugs, but how many rape/murder cases are unsolved because the ME failed to test for a female presence instead of only male?

LE did drop the ball and so did CPS. Someone should have put 2 + 2 together to realize that Melissa should have been included in any investigation. Her background would have surfaced with all her issues and she should have been put through extensive interrogations at the very least.

:eek: How many times have we all told our kids strangers will lure them with pets, candy, and so forth? Now we must tell our children that predators will lure them with other children!

And sweet, loving little Sandra may have felt sorry for MH's "extremely thin" and "sickly" 5-year old. Most children are naturally compassionate, I believe, and would be drawn to a sick little child. I could also imagine MH's daughter being very happy to have a playmate to help her feel better.

MH's daughter would be a perfect lure to disarm any child. And MH being a mom and "Sunday School teacher"...what better cover can you have?

Just speculating...

You are right, Joe. A sickly child would be a draw for other children.

Still, I can't believe that Sandra or the other girl didn't feel uncomfortable around Melissa at some point before these incidents took place. Children are usually very perceptive.

Actually, this isn't a new ploy. There are a few cases where a child was used in some way to facilitate a kidnapping of another child for a predator. :mad: Telling our children to pay attention to their own intuitive feelings about other people is important and should include situations with other children as well. They need to know if they get that "creepy" feeling then it is time to get away from the situation.

Didn't Gary Ridgeway even have his son in his truck with him one time when he picked up one of his victims? And he rode around in his truck with his son's picture showing on his sun visor.

I would like to know if Melissa had dropped her own daughter back off to be with grandma after she had picked the little 7 year old up. It seems she had no plans to bring the little girl back at that time but the mom must have called Melissa's home and then her grandmother called Melissa on her cell phone telling her to bring her home.

Maybe that is why the little child was still heavily drugged because Melissa had no plans to bring her back at 5:15 pm but had no choice when she knew the mom had called the police.

imo

interview with the mother (dang it~! I have to go find that link again.. I know it was cbs13 for starters)..

anyhow, the mother states cps took the child for the rest of the evening to rule out whether the MOTHER had drugged her child (it was unfounded of course)..

To me it looks like the rape kit was negative for semen or vaginal trauma, (obviously Huckaby does not have semen... and could have done other things to the child without causing trauma but for which current rape kits do not test for off the bat including but not limited to saliva).. then it looks to me like the child tested . for benzos.. but could only recall drinking a bottled water with Huckaby.. so they then focused on her own mother or family or link to the home for the benzos.

The cops dropped the ball here... but this is like a whole new kind of ball if you think about it... I mean this just hasn't been a common thing! I think this may even change the tests in current rape kits!

I simply think LE had their rose colored glasses on. The same ones they have worn for so many years when it comes to a female.

They had a woman who was the granddaughter of a Pastor who had been one in the area for over 30 years and they had a mom that had alcohol on her breath. So they gave all the credibility to the one they thought was "good" :rolleyes:and "upstanding" in the community. Melissa had to love that, knowing she pulled that one over on everyone.

I bet when they did the search warrants of the Lawless home they found the same type of drug in MHs name that they found in this 7 year old child.

LE should all hang their heads in shame. Maybe if they had actually done something about this crime committed against the 7 year old, Sandra's death could have been prevented.

imo

Sorry, but I am having a difficult time with Melissa's grandparents at the moment. They must have known about this previous incident. Surely they had suspicions and questions at the time. When Sandra went missing...Didn't these same suspicions resurface? Didn't bells start going off in their heads?! I can't believe the grandparents didn't question that Melissa could have something to do with it. I have some definite questions I would like to be asking them!

I'm thinking they did have questions but people like MH can spin a tale. They know exactly what to say so that the person asking the question will believe them. I believe that is partly why their stories change so much. IMO

I'm thinking they did have questions but people like MH can spin a tale. They know exactly what to say so that the person asking the question will believe them. I believe that is partly why their stories change so much. IMO

This is an excerpt from the Nancy Grace show.

Did Melissa slip up and then quickly corrected herself?:confused:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MELISSA HUCKABY, SANDRA CANTU`S MURDER SUSPECT: I had taken my daughter and one of her friends to the park, which I had done for the third time that week. The mother was I guess at work, and the grandmother had told the little girl that she could go to the park, which she does all the time, and when the mother came home she didn`t know where she was.

I`d given the mother my phone number, my cell phone number, in case anything were to happen. She needed to get a hold of me. She claims to have lost the phone number. Everything was fine. I brought her back. Police were called out at the time, and I was then called by my grandparents to bring her home because her mother did not know that she was missing -- I mean that she was with me.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MELISSA HUCKABY, SANDRA CANTU`S MURDER SUSPECT: I had taken my daughter and one of her friends to the park, which I had done for the third time that week. The mother was I guess at work, and the grandmother had told the little girl that she could go to the park, which she does all the time, and when the mother came home she didn`t know where she was.

I`d given the mother my phone number, my cell phone number, in case anything were to happen. She needed to get a hold of me. She claims to have lost the phone number. Everything was fine. I brought her back. Police were called out at the time, and I was then called by my grandparents to bring her home because her mother did not know that she was missing -- I mean that she was with me.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

"I was then called by my grandparents to bring her home"

Well now, if that portion of MH's tale about this child is true, we know that at least "one" Grandparent knew that MH had been involved with this situation prior to Sandra.

Wonder which one? Wonder if both knew? Makes me rethink so comments made by Connie before Sandra was found, makes me wonder what Lance is going to say once this is all over, because he has said he has a lot to say.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Great catch, oceanblueyes.
Blabbermouth MH is her own worst enemy.

"I was then called by my grandparents to bring her home"

Well now, if that portion of MH's tale about this child is true, we know that at least "one" Grandparent knew that MH had been involved with this situation prior to Sandra.

Wonder which one? Wonder if both knew? Makes me rethink so comments made by Connie before Sandra was found, makes me wonder what Lance is going to say once this is all over, because he has said he has a lot to say.

Great sleuthing !

Melissa said that the little girl was with her at the park. What I don't get is what could she have planned to do to this little girl when she had her own 5 yr old daughter with them? What good would it have done to give the girl a drug then? When she got ahold of Sandra her little 5 yr old was with the grandmother. It seems that the two little girls would have been playing together at the park. I hope she wouldn't have taken the 7 yr old off somewhere and left her little one playing by herself at the park. Her little girl probably wouldn't have stood for that. Besides the little girl is sickly and probably wouldn't have been left alone. From what everyone has said Melissa was a great mom to her daughter even if she was a pervert with other little kids.

Perhaps she was testing the effect of the drug...a trial run. Administer it and see what effect it has on the child and at what time after administration.

From the way the mother and sister of the missing January child told it, they only noticed the child was messed up in the half hour after she returned home. Since no one is talking about who BROUGHT the child home--i.e., did LE bring her home, or Huckaby?--I am thinking the family figured out the child was drugged after whoever brought her home left.

Then as the mother tells it, in the ER it was discovered the child was drugged and social services took the child overnight because they SUSPECTED the MOTHER.

So if that's true, then NO ONE seems to have even TALKED to Huckaby about this. The mother said LE told HER not to talk to Huckaby about it--which I find very strange, if LE didn't bother. I'd be ALL OVER that woman if I knew she had drugged MY CHILD.

So it's possible that Huckaby's grandparents really didn't know that Huckaby had drugged the child, even "possibly". LE protects info of a minor child--even if they don't seem to have been too concerned with protecting THE ACTUAL minor child. Maybe Huckaby's family really didn't even know about the child being drugged. I have no idea, but just saying....

What I do not understand and what we may never know is WHY LE DIDN'T GET A SUBPOENA to look for that drug in the child's home? The sister said they did not have that drug in their home. Of course, we don't know if that is correct, as she might not have known about it. But I do not get it. A 7 year old has a serious drug found in her bloodstream and LE doesn't investigate it to determine who gave it to her? HOW did that transpire?

Which I can't let go because if they HAD gotten that subpoena, and if there were no benzo's in the child's home, then MAYBE they'd have DETECTED that the woman WHO KIDNAPPED THE CHILD EARLIER THAT DAY might possibly, just maybe, conceivably DONE THE DOPING? HELLO? Second subpoena for HUCKABY'S HOME AND VEHICLE...BINGO!

And then Sandra Cantu might still be alive today.

Which makes me ill to think about how badly this went....

So maybe Huckaby gave Sandra the same drug to knock her out, then took her over to the church away from everyone where the little fold-up bed was. Huckaby tried to molest Sandra with some foreign object, but Sandra woke up out of the drug-induced haze and began to fight her. Huckaby panicked and "accidentally" killed Sandra, as Huckaby put it. In other words, Sandra's death wasn't Huckaby's original intent, but Sandra was fighting her and maybe saying she was going to tell what Huckaby had done.

So maybe Huckaby gave Sandra the same drug to knock her out, then took her over to the church away from everyone where the little fold-up bed was. Huckaby tried to molest Sandra with some foreign object, but Sandra woke up out of the drug-induced haze and began to fight her. Huckaby panicked and "accidentally" killed Sandra, as Huckaby put it. In other words, Sandra's death wasn't Huckaby's original intent, but Sandra was fighting her and maybe saying she was going to tell what Huckaby had done.

Or maybe Huckaby overdosed the child. I believe the detective who spoke on TV for the dept. said there were no outward signs of COD...?

Of course, we don't know how badly the body was decomposed, so there's that.

Yesterday before bed I read a headline that said that Sandra's family didn't even know about the other child until the media broke the story?

Let me go look.

ETA: well darn, I can't find it now, I know I didn't dream it.

Yesterday before bed I read a headline that said that Sandra's family didn't even know about the other child until the media broke the story?

Let me go look.

I hate it when that happens! :waitasec:

I didn't see it, so can't help you, sorry. Maybe someone else saw it and remembers where.

Let me go look.

You didn't dream it. I heard it too. The reporter said that the family was asked to comment on the 'missing' January child, and that Angie Chavez said that the family did not know about the other child until the media broke the story.

This new information really scares me. Even if there were no signs of sexual abuse on the first victim, what did MH do to her. Benzo's are given for many reasons, but one side effect is memory impairment. And if given to a child, the likelyhood of remembering recent events is staggering.

Also, what are the chances that your child would want to spend 4 HOURS in a park? I don't believe she was in the park all that time.

She was gone for four hours before police found her with Melissa Huckaby at a nearby park.

Here's a good link to MH's statement months ago:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/22/california.slain.girl/index.html?iref=mpstoryview#cnnSTCVideo

Memory Impairment
Benzodiazepines induce anterograde amnesia, which accounts for the beneficial effects of benzodiazepines such as midazolam (Versed) for presurgical medication. These specific amnestic effects appear to be separate from sedation.11 Episodic memory (the remembering of recent events and the circumstances in which they occurred and their time sequences.

Best,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back