Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to current news:

I-15 is closed from Escondido to northern San Diego, both directions.

I-5 northbound is gridlocked and nothing is moving.
I can only imagine. The 5 is open up here so it probably opens up once they are past Oceanside.

I don't want to argue with you, but NOT all SD County schools are affected.

I have family in Carlsbad, and trust me when I say Carlsbad High School is not only open today, but has no plans for closing tomorrow! Call them if you don't believe me (760) 331-5100

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/14396085/detail.html?dl=headlineclick
SAN DIEGO -- All San Diego County public schools will be closed Tuesday/B], as will all schools administered by the Archdiocese of San Diego, the county office of education said Monday.

County Superintendent of Schools Jim Esterbrooks held a conference call with all local superintendents to discuss the threat of fire and deteriorating air conditions. All superintendents agreed to close their campuses on Tuesday.

Several school superintendents said significant numbers of their teaching and support staffs lived in areas being evacuated.

J, you know where I am and you have my number, if you or any of your family need a place to go. But it looks like the fires are directly between us. (I'm ashamed to say it's a perfect sunny day out here...)

And JBean? He didn't say, but I bet you won't even have to jello/mud/vegemite/baked bean wrestle for the couch! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seriously, Nova, that's just like you to make an offer like this. I'm touched, all the way out here in Tennessee.

Fallbrook is being evacuated. Fire danger is extremely dangerous with the potential of creating numerous fire storms and making their own weather.

It was on the news- ALL county schools are closed today and will be closed tomorrow.

San Diego Unified schools were open today. I don't know if they have closed them by now but we live near one and it was open earlier. I am not going to leave the house anymore today as our air quality has gotten worse, though.

They did say on the news that all county school districts will be closed tomorrow, as they need the buildings for evacuation centers.

Ok, it looks like Oceanside is a few miles above the evacuation zone...for now.

14395909.jpg

Thank you so much, Mama! She's in La Mesa. It's strange because we can't get her at the house. My boyfriend is calling her neighbor to make sure she's ok.

Good idea. There is some online phone director that gives you the name and number of neighbors...........hope you get through to her.
That's only about 20 minutes from where I live.

Keep us posted!

xxxxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

About twenty mins ago, TV announced that 7 counties in CA have been declared official disaster areas and thereby qualify for Federal insurance aid.

About twenty mins ago, TV announced that 7 counties in CA have been declared official disaster areas and thereby qualify for Federal insurance aid.

Wow. 7 counties.

I'm sending prayers to CA. It's all I can do.

San Diego Unified schools were open today. I don't know if they have closed them by now but we live near one and it was open earlier. I am not going to leave the house anymore today as our air quality has gotten worse, though.

They did say on the news that all county school districts will be closed tomorrow, as they need the buildings for evacuation centers.
SDSU closed at 1pm so they were open this morning

BTW..all my little frosh friends at Pepperdine in Malibu are all back in their dorms and happy as can be.

Yes BirdieBoo, they were/are open today!

As stated in a Presser the will close schools not because they are in danger, but rather as you mentioned and due to significant numbers of their teaching and support staffs lived in areas being evacuated.

Ok, it looks like Oceanside is a few miles above the evacuation zone...for now.

14395909.jpg

If you look at the map, north of Hwy 78 along the coast is Oceanside, south is Carlsbad.

I don't think the map is completely accurate because I live south of 78 about ⅓ in from the coast and nobody here is being evacuated. It's very blowy but not as warm as expected, and the smoke isn't bad.

But many other communities are under mandatory evacuation.

I have reached the "future mother-in-law" in La Mesa and she's OK. A bit of good news for me personally :)

I called my MIL just a short while ago. They live in Rancho Bernardo and are already packed and ready to go should they receive evacuation orders.

One of my MIL's sisters has already had to leave her home.

This is so scary. I've lived in Los Angeles for many years (now live in the Bay Area), but never have I seen the Santa Ana's this bad, at least, not to my recollection.

I offered to let all of my hubby's relatives stay here with us, but they insist they will be alright and want to stay together.

I just pray everyone stays safe and well.

If you look at the map, north of Hwy 78 along the coast is Oceanside, south is Carlsbad.

I don't think the map is completely accurate because I live south of 78 about ⅓ in from the coast and nobody here is being evacuated. It's very blowy but not as warm as expected, and the smoke isn't bad.

But many other communities are under mandatory evacuation.

They must be including alert areas in that.

I remember the Santa Ana's as well. The worst I was involved in was in the early 80's and the entire Valley was surrounded by fire. It was Halloween. It was so hot and smokey. Some yahoo had gone around to every canyon and lit a fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member