Hurricane Gustav

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in Alabama about 4 hours inland. I don't think it's coming this way but whenever one makes landfall on Mobile or Pensacola we always get serious weather. When Opal hit in '95, she was still a Cat-2 when she got to us, so we always watch them closely. Last weekend we were dealing with TS Fay and a lot of heavy rain and wind....my office at work (a hospital) had some leaking issues, so even though it looks like it's going towards LA, before we left work Friday we had to cover all our desks and computers in plastic dropcloths.

They also told us that if it turns toward the AL/FL coast, we will have to come in and help out at the hospital and plan to stay there overnight until the storm is over and help with patients and food trays and such. My husband and I decided last night that if it did turn and come our way, we would evacuate or stay here together as a family and to hell with my job.

Our city here in Louisiana is now full of people who have ecacuated from South Louisiana. We have many shelters set up here and people are coming in.
Looks like we will be getting some bad weather here also, but nothing too bad (I hope). We have been told to stock up on candles, batteries, non perishable food, etc.

All of the family I had in South Louisiana are up here now except for my neice and her husband who is a doctor. They did not leave during Katrina either. They were fine, but their house was not!

Everyone is in my prayers. Houses can be replaced, but people cannot, so be safe, pray, and just know that everyone will help you.

GB you all!

Stay safe everyone, and please keep in touch as much as you can. I am sure we can help arrange things if need be. It is suppose to slow down as it hits the gulf. New orleans is gonna be on the right hand of the storm, which is the worst case scenerio, aside from them taking a direct hit.

Please keep yourselves safe, and if you are hesitating about evacuating, DON'T. Get out NOW! This is nothing to mess with guys!

Sending warm thoughts to all involved.

Just saw on news. It is predicted to hit as a CAT 4, and stall out just as it hits the coast. Then slowly slowly move into the coast.

Our family has battened down the hatches. We have supplies, water, canned goods, batteries. Sunny nice day here today.

Stores such as Wal-Mart have already closed. Ghost town...

We are live in a suburb of Baton Rouge

Just waiting...

1-10 not fun, staying at home with the kids for the next few days and not bothering to try and go anywhere unless necessary.

I am in central Florida, on the Gulf Coast - winds are horrific today. These winds are worse than the winds were for Fay and we are hundreds of miles away from Gustav.

I am in central Florida, on the Gulf Coast - winds are horrific today. These winds are worse than the winds were for Fay and we are hundreds of miles away from Gustav.

There are big storm clouds and pretty good winds here in east-central Alabama today, too, and we are a few more hundred miles away from Gustav than you are, Poco. This thing is a monster.

Hope it passes and does not cause big problems.

Please don't take unnecessary risks. Your belongings can be replaced; your lives cannot.

Both Gustav and Katrina intensified rapidly in the Gulf of Mexico, but Katrina intensified after making landfall in Florida while Gustav hit Cuba first. Forecasters say Gustav also is moving more quickly than Katrina.

"(Gustav) is a large system similar to Katrina. The difference, at this moment, is that it's asymmetric. It doesn't have a uniform coverage like Katrina," said Chris Sisko, a meteorologist for the National Hurricane Center.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26451955/

They are saying that Gustav has sped up and may make landfall sooner than originally thought.

They are estimating that 90% of New Orleans has evacuated.

I am hoping all in the path of this monster does not read this post. Please leave and leave now.
And all of you please stay safe an out of Harms ways

Please don't take unnecessary risks. Your belongings can be replaced; your lives cannot.

I hope anyone/everyone planning on staying reconsiders. They may have made it through past storms...but not this one, as it hasn't happened yet. It's always better safe, than sorry. Please, go.

good idea - write your SSN..... if you are stupid enough to stay.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb
Back