Hurricane Harvey - August 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad Myers talking about dams/reservoirs on CNN. :eek:

ETA: CNN awaiting news conference during which local officials will provide storm updates.

[FONT=&amp]This is so bad Jax, this leads to more and more breaches -- everything is water loged and the water is going faster

[/FONT]
I dont understand where everything is connected but I hope this breach is not above the dams

[FONT=&amp]very scary[/FONT]

Maybe a little helpful

[video=twitter;902546082512719873]https://twitter.com/TravisABC13/status/902546082512719873[/video]

The media is not explaining this right and it is gonna cause huge problems.

They are making it sound like the areas around the dams are going to tsunami .

WIth that model in peoples heads it make us think only the areas they are mentioning are in trouble .

It is a cascade its not like this big swish - yet- but it really reduces flee time everywhere not directly around the dam

They need to clear up the misperceptions tho . When the sun comes out the way it being portrayed on the media is going to deaths.

Rain is irrelevant now (not really but you know what I mean) - if you live in *advertiser censored* in five days (despite 5 days of sunshine) your house will be destroyed water flows downward toward the gulf.

It is gonna be a lava flow (moving) not "filling" up

Am I making sense??

[FONT="]This is so bad Jax, this leads to more and more breaches -- everything is water loged and the water is going faster

[/FONT][/COLOR]I dont understand where everything is connected but I hope this breach is not [B]above the dams [/B]

[COLOR=#14171A][FONT="]very scary[/FONT]

Ditto that. Every bit of news about the reservoirs & water volume upstream is already terrifying enough.

The time has arrived for a beer............

My father in law lives in Lafayette,LA and him and all his other retired friends (all retired marine)are over in Texas helping and volunteering! He is a helicopter pilot! I will try and give you an update later after I speak with him! And ya he says Katrina is nothing compared to this! His father and a bunch of other family members lost their houses during Katrina! This is just horrible!!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The media is not explaining this right and it is gonna cause huge problems.

They are making it sound like the areas around the dams are going to tsunami .

WIth that model in peoples heads it make us think only the areas they are mentioning are in trouble .

It is a cascade its not like this big swish - yet- but it really reduces flee time everywhere not directly around the dam

They need to clear up the misperceptions tho . When the sun comes out the way it being portrayed on the media is going to deaths.

Rain is irrelevant now (not really but you know what I mean) - if you live in *advertiser censored* in three days your house will be destroyed water flows downward toward the gulf.

Am I making sense??

Yes, you are. But if it helps, at least in Geevee's neighborhood it sounds like they aren't expecting that tsunami, but are actively and constantly monitoring standing water near their homes & drainage, and know to leave when the water rises much further.

Ditto that. Every bit of news about the reservoirs & water volume upstream is already terrifying enough.

Do you know where the levee break is in relation to the dams

getting a bit panicky

has anyone seen the levee is it a small one

Yes, you are. But if it helps, at least in Geevee's neighborhood it sounds like they aren't expecting that tsunami, but are actively and constantly monitoring standing water near their homes & drainage, and know to leave when the water rises much further.

Thank you so much for being in close contact with geevee, Hope4. Every day, more stress and anxiety is added into everyone. All I can do is pray for them all to be safe, even if there is horrific loss of property. This is so overwhelming and nearly incomprehensible to those who have never encountered anything remotely like this.

US military stands ready to assist Texas, if requested
Barbara Starr-Profile-Image
By Barbara Starr and Ryan Browne, CNN
Updated 3:47 PM ET, Mon August 28, 2017

The Defense Department had not received any official requests for help from Texas as of midday Monday, but is still identifying resources that could be used, the sources said. Officials say a request for assistance could come at any moment.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/28/politics/hurricane-harvey-pentagon/index.html[/video]

Are you getting scared? The levee freaks me out cause that could start out of control stuff

Do you know where the levee break is in relation to the dams

getting a bit panicky

has anyone seen the levee is it a small one

Levee is in Brazoria County, south of Houston.

Thank you so much for being in close contact with geevee, Hope4. Every day, more stress and anxiety is added into everyone. All I can do is pray for them all to be safe, even if there is horrific loss of property. This is so overwhelming and nearly incomprehensible to those who have never encountered anything remotely like this.

Wish there was more I could do!

Did you get heavy rain yesterday? We had a couple of major downpours, and DH was stuck in traffic going 10mph on 696. Roads were flooded, and we received flash flood alerts during the evening. Spotty power outages in metro-Detroit, but nothing like the folks in Houston are experiencing. :praying:

Ok its is south of Houston

Columbia Lakes levee in Brazoria County, south of Houston, has breached, officials say, urging residents in the area to evacuate immediately.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/29/columbia-lakes-levee-in-brazoria-county-breached-officials-urging-residents-to-evacuate/

Are you getting scared? The levee freaks me out cause that could start out of control stuff

I've been scared, first for our friend Geevee, but as I'm learning (including from you, thanks) and reading more, I think many folks aren't aware of how long term and how catastrophic structural damage is going to be. What structure is built to survive a once in 1,000 year event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi