Hurricane Harvey - August 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocean Blue Eyes, your insight is invaluable! From your first post here on this thread, I think you hit the nail on the head in regards to what Texas will be undergoing in the coming days, weeks, months and years!

ETA: Louisiana too! My goodness! They were already having flooding before Harvey hit!

It truly is amazing how strong Harvey is . Not winds but staying together after being over land for so long

I just saw the first satellite image in some time. He still has a core , his winds are spinning around him just like a perfect hurricane -- staying power

"375,000cfs going over Lake Houston Dam spillway or 168 million gallons per min.” -
"something we've never seen before”.

Water spilling over from the reservoir is expected to flow into the city’s main river – Buffalo Bayou

bbst2_hg.png

Hurricane-Harvey-map-where-Addicks-dam-Houston-reservoir-location-flooding-1048599.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weath...dicks-dam-Houston-reservoir-location-flooding
USGS.08073000.140408.00054..20170822.20170829..0..gif

yeh!

the power company men found out about him and driving toward him now in this huge ugly machine !!!

Was he rescued???

Last I saw they were talking to him and he swam away.

Bear Creek Village, on western edge of Addicks Reservoir, is now flooded. It wasn't even on the list of the 6 neighborhoods most immediately vulnerable to Addicks' spillway.

Might just be a stuck/broken gauge, but the Addicks water level doesn't seem to be changing much, if any, remains just over 108, the max.

I cannot remember if I posted this here or not. Trying to stay out of flood waters here in Houston is a full time nightmare! My family is fortunate my house is dry and has power. My daughter and her hubby are with us since they lost power Saturday and they only live 5 blocks away. Go figure! My sister and her husband are trying to make their way over since Buffalo Bayou is about to enter her house after the reservoir release earlier. That will be 6 adults and 5 dogs in a 3 bedroom house but we are so fine and grateful!!

For those asking about where to donate, here is one list that is legit. Again, if I already posted this I apologize. It's kinda crazy down here!

http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-dai...m_campaign=Web+Social&utm_content=Harvey+Help

Cocochanel, I think I remember you saying you're in SW Houston. Are you still ok?

I just saw an Interview on CNN. This poor woman just totally lost it. F bombs and all. So many have been so traumatized.

Harvey has put the charts almost off the charts! So much water and no where for it to go.

Harvey has put the charts almost off the charts! So much water and no where for it to go.

Sadly it knows exactly where it is going -- down to the Gulf - flooding stuff all the way down- that why they say it will take a month or two to understand how the tragedy finally plays out ...but they are being clear .. there will be massive flooding and destruction in the upcoming weeks -- just telling ya what they are telling us!!

Apparently this is not like a new deal - its happened before from upstream stuff - but they have no idea how widespread this is gonna be on the way down because of the quantities.

There has not been any like "if" stuff they are declaratory statements -" there will be massive catastrophic flooding downstream in the months to come. Peroid.

Just like they told us about this...................

Haven't heard from Geevee for going on several hours now. When last I heard, it didn't look good, neighbors were beginning to leave, and she thought she would likely have to as well.

Isn't looking good at all, but if she had to leave, at least she likely had some control over when and how and to where.

Haven't heard from Geevee for going on several hours now. When last I heard, it didn't look good, neighbors were beginning to leave, and she thought she would likely have to as well.

Isn't looking good at all, but if she had to leave, at least she likely had some control over when and how and to where.

It's so sad! Completely understandable that no one wants to leave their homes. It's become a life or death situation. Has anyone heard from Bessie?

Addicks dam area chest deep

Homes will not be not occupiable will have to be gutted

Louisiana evacuations beginning - this is Katrina anniversary

They go fast have trouble keeping up! And there are so many things that having problems its hard to keep up.

Elementary school shelter being evacuated now but did not get context/

MSNBC

And see what is scary is we get you cant evacuate "Houston" - just how it works .

BUT they know now exactly what is going to be destroyed on the way down. They know.
So if my neighborhood is going to be destroyed next week why cant they issue a evacuation order for my neighborhood now.

Then they know your neighborhood is going to be destroyed 4 days after mine - so why cant they issues your neighborhood a warning three days after my neighborhood

They know I learned that from Orville they were incredible just like these guys. They told the press two nights ago what was going to happen today.

They told the press two nights ago whose neighborhoods are flooding out.

They are having some trouble with the downstream stuff cause they dont know the exact paths are going to be taken cause everything is already a wreck

And see what is scary is we get you cant evacuate "Houston" - just how it works .

BUT they know now exactly what is going to be destroyed on the way down. They know.
So if my neighborhood is going to be destroyed next week why cant they issue a evacuation order for my neighborhood now.

Then they know your neighborhood is going to be destroyed 4 days after mine - so why cant they issues your neighborhood a warning three days after my neighborhood

They know I learned that from Orville they were incredible just like these guys. They told the press two nights ago what was going to happen today.

They told the press two nights ago whose neighborhoods are flooding out.

They are having some trouble with the downstream stuff cause they dont know the exact paths are going to be taken cause everything is already a wreck

I know. . . So much water. I never dreamed. . . Maybe in some denial that the flooding would be so horrific in the beginning! New Orleans official said we needed more helicopters, like a 100 of them. I haven't heard of how many are rescuing people today. I think I heard 50 copters in the air yesterday.

yeh!

the power company men found out about him and driving toward him now in this huge ugly machine !!!

LOL! There is no such thing as an ugly machine when its coming to save someone's life. The poor man probably thought it was the prettiest piece of equipment he has ever seen. :)

There is going to be so much toxic mold in all of the submerged homes and businesses the longer this goes on.:( There are so many health risks in this kind of unbelievable flooding.

There is going to be so much toxic mold in all of the submerged homes and businesses the longer this goes on.:( There are so many health risks in this kind of unbelievable flooding.

There will be oil, gas and many chemicals in the water from the vehicles, from the stored items in the garages....and you are so right about the mold. I almost hate to think of the next few months for these folks. There will be lines for everything.....lines that take hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet