Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;hGD1byu7gJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGD1byu7gJc[/video]

This is the best one I've found, because it has sound.

This is the best one I've found, because it has sound.

Hi Jax - I deleted my post after I saw a copyright claim on their youtube website that prohibits rebroadcast.

You might want to delete it, as well.

[video=youtube;yQ-XtbJh1tQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ-XtbJh1tQ[/video]

LAUDERDALE 16 hrs hurricane force winds

Hi Jax - I deleted my post after I saw a copyright claim on their youtube website that prohibits rebroadcast.

You might want to delete it, as well.

Link should be OK, I think? Looks like it is only media rebroadcast that is protected. moo

Tried to post link without video, but it didn't work. It has been linked multiple times already so I'm not going to worry about it.

Link should be OK, I think? Looks like it is only media rebroadcast that is protected. moo

IDK what an alleged copyrighted live cam feed means. Maybe a mod should weigh in?

And you're right - this is the best one so far in terms of the sound. I have my speakers on low, but the sound of the wind is so loud, I'm afraid it's going to blow my speakers.

Victory - I also wanted to add that when Harvey hit Texas, I was beside myself with anxiety & worry for my brother in Houston, my older sister in Beaumont, and my friends in Conroe. Miraculously, none of them experienced flooding in their homes, although the water encroached dangerously close.

I know how you feel. It's nerve-wracking and scary and leaves one feeling helpless.

We're all here for you and your family. Prayers & Love to you & your loved ones.
Oh, how worried you must have been! Im glad they were able to remain safe! Thank you for the love and prayers. I was sitting here at home alone but after joining all of you here, I dont feel alone at all. : ) Such a comfort! Thank you.

What is that on the house? Bungee cords?

[video=twitter;906683666377658369]https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/906683666377658369[/video]

DJUu3CzXcAEcG13.jpg

It is fine, it's streaming Live on YouTube.

If the 100+ mile an hour winds didn't kill them then the up to 10 feet of storm surge would have.

Birds can survive 100 mph winds and storm surges just fine. Surviving being tied and wrapped up in newspaper and dumped in the back seat of a car for hours or maybe days is more problematic. This guy's actions are incredibly misguided. The stress alone probably killed a lot of those chickens.

In the wake of Hurricane Sandy and the spiteful me-too northeaster, much of the East Coast looked so battered and flooded, so strewed with toppled trees and stripped of dunes and beaches, that many observers feared the worst. Any day now, surely, the wildlife corpses would start showing up — especially birds, for who likelier to pay when a sky turns rogue than the ones who act as if they own it?

Yet biologists studying the hurricane’s aftermath say there is remarkably little evidence that birds, or any other countable, charismatic fauna for that matter, have suffered the sort of mass casualties seen in environmental disasters like the BP oil spill of 2010, when thousands of oil-slicked seabirds washed ashore, unable to fly, feed or stay warm.

To Birds, Storm Survival Is Only Natural

So very sorry....are you in a safe place?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Sort of. When we got here the owner of this place wouldn't let us put up plywood. No impact windows but safe closet to barricade in. Not in storm surge area but close. Really hoping it goes more westward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is that on the house? Bungee cords?

[video=twitter;906683666377658369]https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/906683666377658369[/video]

DJUu3CzXcAEcG13.jpg

That has to be medications got sucked up in a mini tornado or something

Whats up with the liscence plate on the car ?
I am sure there safe -- they were baker acted !!!!!!!!!!

GOES-16 satellite image of Irma taken at 6:39 pm EDT Saturday, September 9, 2017. Multiple concentric eyewalls created a spiraling pattern. GOES-16 images are preliminary and non-operational. Image credit:*NOAA/RAMMB.

Hurricane Hunters found on a late-afternoon flight that Irma had developed concentric eyewalls, with an inner eyewall about 17 miles wide and an outer one about 35 miles wide. The dual-eyewall structure means that Irma’s peak sustained winds are somewhat lower than before (120 mph as of 8 pm EDT), but spread out over a broader area.*

Irma’s inner core spent more time over Cuba than forecasters had expected, although the track forecast overall was quite good. The resulting interaction with land disrupted Irma’s core and reduced the strength and coverage of its core thunderstorms. Satellite imagery late Saturday afternoon showed that Irma was having only fitful success at reorganizing its intense thunderstorms around the outer eyewall. Irma will be moving over very warm waters Saturday night (sea surface temperature of around 30°C or 86°F), and wind shear will remain light to moderate. Outflow from the storm’s top will be enhanced by two jets, one on the north and one on the south. Irma’s dual eyewall structure and its large size will put some brakes on rapid intensification, but some strengthening appears likely, and we expect Irma to reach the Florida Keys early Sunday and southwest Florida by midday Sunday as a Category 4 storm, as predicted by NHC.

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/irma-reorganizes-en-route-devastating-florida-hit
fcc6be2c3796b33c12d6f75b6ed185e7.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

True. I actually think kindhearted, Mani, should be given the "Save the Wild Chicken" award by the Mayor. :) It does show what a truly caring man he is. IMO

Again I would like to see evidence that he saved the chickens. All we have is a single picture of him wrapping them up and dumping them in the backseat of his car. We have no way of knowing what happened to them after that.

JMO, but ..... Do we really need to debate the logic of removing swaddled chickens when human lives area at stake and people are doing the best they can under extremely horrendous circumstances? No one has much time to decide if they used the most humane method. It's easy to judge from a distance, but in that situation who knows what one might do.

Let's keep the thread supportive and not lean toward a bit of bickering or debate on whether something was right or wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member