Hurricane Irma - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;906650017913556992]https://twitter.com/ccoddcbs4news/status/906650017913556992[/video]

[FONT=&quot]Waterspout over Fort Lauderdale beach. [/FONT]#hurricaneirma[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]@CBSMiami

Official Protocol Change to the Zip Lock Ice Production Mandate !!

Attn all personnel!

Please implement the place your water filled zip lock bags in fridge pre cool process to expedite freezing.

You can rotate your stock to keep your freezer in max procuction mode!

WHen forzen solid move them down to the refridge place precooled in freezer so they can hard freeze when the ones in the refdige start to need a dash of refreeze reverse ones that in freezer. fridge

Same process can be utlized with ice cooler

GOal have as many as close to frozen as possible beofre the world ends

We thank you for your cooperation!

Off topic - The lady signing ASL on the Governor's presser is very expressive. I love watching her facial expressions as she emphasizes certain phrases. I think ASL is a beautiful language.

When we lived in AZ I worked with a lady who worked two jobs, office cleaning (the one I did), and taught ASL at the local School for the Deaf. Very sweet gal, she learned it due to both her parents being deaf, and the way she spoke of them, were clearly a very close and loving family.

Pinellas County, half mile from Old Tampa Bay
Evacuation Zone D, Prepared and staying

This will be the first major test for our $16,000 aluminum roof installed 4 years ago!!

Spent all day securing and storing every potential ‘missile’ in yard . . .
Landscaping yard art galore, plants and pots galore, benches, settees, mirrors (for the peacocks!),etc.
Hundreds of items, garage is full and looks like a garden store.
We have several varieties of huge mature bamboo (including black bamboo), so this will be the first significant wind test for our beautiful bamboo. This is the season for new bamboo shoots, so some of those may not survive or thrive.

Back in my early twenties, I lived in Tampa and had a food truck that I took to a Dunedin beach. When there was a lull in business and I felt like relaxing, the lifeguards would sit in the shade with me and play backgammon. At other times, when business was slow and I was motivated to make money, I threw some onions on the grill and, within minutes, I had a long line of hungry customers. Fond memories of days gone by.

Do we know if our Dunedin member has evacuated or is hunkering down?

Praying for safety for everyone.

15 feet of storm surge possible in SW FL.

15 feet is much higher than a single story home - is halfway up the second story of 2-story homes.

Hoping all our FL members & their fur-babies stay safe! You're all in my thoughts and prayers.
I have family just outside of Tampa so Im curious, how far inland will this surge of water go approximately?

ha it just occurred to me

What goodis frozen raw chicken gonna do me ! I sure as heck aint grilling with there being nowhere to get cooled off after ha

I am implementing the cook stuff and freeze
for myself!!

I might as well die from heat stroke with a full belly !!

I did a bit of reading about it (not on MSM) and it seems to be legit. An honest attempt by a few residents to save as many as possible. moo

ETA: Folding the wings keeps them calm...or so I read.

I have done research too. That is absolutely, positively not legitimate. The legitimate way to transport them would be in a Poultry Carrier Crate. That picture is utterly insane. I hope law enforcement has been notified.

I have family just outside of Tampa so Im curious, how far inland will this surge of water go approximately?

How far away from tampa

are there near any lakes or streams or stuff

like houston water will over top other water stuff for weeks after

just like Houston

tornado boyton beach lantana he saying take cover immed

typically the best time for a torandos are after hurricane has moved off a bit

these are not going be coming in torandos these are gonna be like surprise attacks -- this one is actually moving at 50 mph because of Irma

scary stuff

Victory - the Weather Channel has predicted the storm surge in waterfront areas of Tampa to be between 5 and 8 feet. I'm not sure how far inland the surge will go.

Prayers for your family!

I have chickens, and it really isn't cruel. Like swaddling a baby, chickens can't fight, or thrash around and get hurt if they're rolled in paper and taped, as you see in the picture. I imagine they'll be secured so they can't tumble around after the picture was taken as well.

You're right, it really does. I don't know anything though about transporting chickens ahead of a hurricane. Was this done to save these poor things, or was it some sort of prank, as Melmoth suggested, for possible amusement.

If so, I sure fell for it. Gullible me...

ha it just occurred to me

What goodis frozen raw chicken gonna do me ! I sure as heck aint grilling with there being nowhere to get cooled off after ha

I am implementing the cook stuff and freeze
for myself!!

I might as well die from heat stroke with a full belly !!

Cariis - if I'm ever caught in a hurricane, I can't think of anyone I'd rather ride it out with than you! You're a hoot & a half!

I have done research too. That is absolutely, positively not legitimate. The legitimate way to transport them would be in a Poultry Carrier Crate. That picture is utterly insane. I hope law enforcement has been notified.

KaaBoom - I think these are some of the wild chickens at Key West. It's possible (and probable) the person trying to rescue them didn't have access to poultry crates at the last minute. I think that person is just trying to make do with what's on hand and is trying to save as many of the wild Key West chickens as possible.

How far away from tampa

are there near any lakes or streams or stuff

like houston water will over top other water stuff for weeks after

just like Houston
My daughter is in Valrico. : (

Because the general public, during a hurricane, has time to find and get a poultry carrier in order to save some wild roosters. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky