Hurricane Irma - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hurricaned out taking a break from Irma Harvey threads !!

https://weather.com/maps/satellite/atlanticoceanweathermap

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...-threat-western-atlantic-170914080623710.html

There are two disturbances, clusters of thunderstorms, but both stand no more than a 10 percent chance of developing into a tropical depression.

atl_oce_sat_1280x720.jpg

Take your break,CARIIS. you have been through a lot of stress. Decompress! And hug ther Lady Bug.

I accidentally posted this in the Harvey thread, so am bringing it over here. Where are our Texas/Harvey members now?
Slightly off-topic, but we are looking for our WS members who were affected by Hurricane Harvey. If you know of their conditions or are one of them, please stop by the Harvey thread to update.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?348246-Hurricane-Harvey-2/page3#post13626109.

Hey all. Just checking in from Dunedin. We are ok! Just got power on. The tree in our backyard almost took out our neighbors house. Hellish couple of days but so grateful. Could have been so much worse.

Criminal probe opens into 8 deaths at Florida nursing home after Irma

Florida Power & Light said it had provided electricity to some parts of the Hollywood nursing home but that the facility was not on a county top-tier list for emergency power restoration.

Irma killed at least 29 people in Florida, plus seven more in Georgia and South Carolina combined.

Some 4.2 million homes and businesses were still without power on Wednesday in Florida and neighboring states, down from a peak outage tally of 7.4 million customers on Monday.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...-at-florida-nursing-home-after-irma/23207842/

Hey all. Just checking in from Dunedin. We are ok! Just got power on. The tree in our backyard almost took out our neighbors house. Hellish couple of days but so grateful. Could have been so much worse.

Glad all is ok with you!

Thanks for sharing that! one of the evacuees groups here is from Dunedin and they did not want to return until power was back. I will let them know to check.

The other evacuee group up here is from Tampa, and they left at 6 this morning to return home.

Glad all is ok with you!

Thanks for sharing that! one of the evacuees groups here is from Dunedin and they did not want to return until power was back. I will let them know to check.

The other evacuee group up here is from Tampa, and they left at 6 this morning to return home.
Most of Dunedin is back on. If anyone needs me to try to scope out an area I can do so later today. Most if not all street lights are back on.

[h=1]What 10 days without power will look like -- and what to do[/h]
[video=cnn;us/2017/09/12/irma-aftermath-florida-damage-power-outage-young-dnt-lead.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/us/10-days-without-power-guide-trnd/index.html[/video]

"I'm afraid the death toll from Irma is not over yet," said Craig Fugate, former administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Fugate himself had no power Wednesday in his Gainesville home.

Electricity can literally be a lifeline, powering everything from hospitals to oxygen tanks.

Most of Dunedin is back on. If anyone needs me to try to scope out an area I can do so later today. Most if not all street lights are back on.

Thanks! They contacted a neighbor, and it's still off and the neighbor said they were told it may be Sunday night before the electricity is restored in their area. Some folks are luckier than others if they are next to a hospital or a power station etc. iykwim?

Irma causes one of the largest disaster power outages in the nation

http://www.tbo.com/news/business/en...idents-still-without-power-after-irma/2337158

Irma triggered one of the nation's largest natural disaster-related power outages ever measured. For comparison, Hurricane Andrew left 1.4 million people without power in South Florida in 1992, and it took months to be restored. Hurricane Wilma caused 3.4 million outages for Florida Power & Light customers in South Florida in 2005. Hurricane Sandy cut power to 8.2 million people across 17 states.

About 12,000 utility technicians, some coming from as far away as Canada and the West Coast, are working in Florida to try to get power restored as soon as possible. About 700 of those Duke Energy employees are staying at the Mahaffey Theater in St. Petersburg. TradeWinds Island Resorts on St. Pete Beach housed another 700.
About 1,500 workers from the Midwest were deployed to Georgia where they waited for Irma to pass before making their way to Florida to start restoration as quickly as possible, Nissan said.

😎 Team work.

Great to hear/read, glad neighbors home was spared.

JEA which serves north east Florida, is making good progress (easy for me to say, I was only out 2 days).

https://www.news4jax.com/weather/hu...rough-florida-leaving-millions-without-power_

"at the peak of the outages 284,000 customers lost power because of Irma. That was 62 percent of the grid, record high number."

Active Electric Outages: 406 Customers Affected: 68,235
Last Updated: Sep 14 2017, 12:20 PM

ETA: "
JEA officials reminded Jacksonville residents that talking to crews in the field and asking them questions just slows them down. Also, if you have power, leave your porch light on day and night to help teams assess more quickly where power is out."

I didn't know we were supposed to leave a porch light on. Makes good sense.

Death of 8 at Florida Nursing Home Prompts Outrage, Demands for Answers
by Daniel Arkin

Carolyn Eatherly and Linda Horton were like sisters. Eatherly, an only child who never married, lived with Horton for 20 years. But when Eatherly was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a decade ago, she had to move into a nursing home. She ended up in one in the Florida town of Hollywood, about 20 miles north of Miami.

For a year, Horton called Eatherly every week. Horton once visited the Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills, but that seemed to aggravate Eatherly, who was wracked by dementia.

"She got agitated. They had to sedate her," said Horton, who is now 65. "After I left, she tried to escape."

Horton said she had "to do a tough love thing" — refrain from visiting and leave Eatherly in the hands of medical professionals at the nursing home.

"I thought it was OK," Horton said on Thursday morning, referring to the facility. "But apparently it wasn't." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...-home-prompts-outrage-demands-answers-n801306

Florida Business Owners:

On Thursday, Gov. Rick Scott activated a loan program designed to support small businesses impacted by Hurricane Irma. The bridge loan program will provide interest-free, short-term loans to small businesses that had physical or economic damage in the storm. Business owners can apply Thursday through October 31. Scott OK’d up to $10 million for the program, which is managed by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.

Business owners must: Have between two and 100 employees, be located in the 67 Florida counties affected by Irma, have been established before September 4, 2017 and demonstrate economic injury of physical damage from the storm. The loans — worth up to $25,000 — will be granted in terms of 90 to 180 days.

To complete an application by the Oct. 31, 2017, deadline, or for more information on the program, visit www.floridadisasterloan.org. For questions regarding the Emergency Bridge Loan Program, contact the Florida Small Business Development Center Network at 850-898-3489 or email Disaster@FloridaSBDC.org.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article173271346.html

Just checking in . . .
I'm at the library using a SLOW computer, but at least it's faster than my home computer with no power.
Electric went off Sunday evening 10:30 PM. Radio reported that Duke Energy said all of Pinellas County will have power by tomorrow (Friday) midnight. A neighbor's large tree fell on two power lines in our neighborhood.
Today is the first really hot day. Mon, Tues, Wed were mild, thankfully, with lots of yard clearing work.

Death of 8 at Florida Nursing Home Prompts Outrage, Demands for Answers
by Daniel Arkin

Carolyn Eatherly and Linda Horton were like sisters. Eatherly, an only child who never married, lived with Horton for 20 years. But when Eatherly was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a decade ago, she had to move into a nursing home. She ended up in one in the Florida town of Hollywood, about 20 miles north of Miami.

For a year, Horton called Eatherly every week. Horton once visited the Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills, but that seemed to aggravate Eatherly, who was wracked by dementia.

"She got agitated. They had to sedate her," said Horton, who is now 65. "After I left, she tried to escape."

Horton said she had "to do a tough love thing" — refrain from visiting and leave Eatherly in the hands of medical professionals at the nursing home.

"I thought it was OK," Horton said on Thursday morning, referring to the facility. "But apparently it wasn't." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...-home-prompts-outrage-demands-answers-n801306

There should be manslauther charges in my opinion -- a hostpal is across the street shame on all of you

prison time earned

ldont remeber where Iheard this on a scale of 1 to 5 this joint got a 1

If we find out they had medicare funding there charges should be added

anyone know if the owners were living in mansions and driving Mercedes

prison ( one that has no AC preferred )

I would like to know the credentials of the folks who were doing custodial care?

Were there any Docs or ARNP on site during a stressful crisis

shame shame murderers

imo enraged

anyone found out owners names??

Looking

moo

There better be no Mercedes pulling in ........

thats Fraud -- a felony

what was there staffing rations during the darn biggest storm in history

repulsive

moo -- there is an angle with Demtentia /Alz folks being placed in any new environment is extradinailary stressful and can agitate some to the point where they can become wildly violent and need to be placed in seclusion with restraints on

They can spit bite kick claw you with nails etcetc

When trying to calm a female who was acting out about her meds she spit and it went into my mouth

but murder ??

CARIIS ... you are supposed to be taking a break from weather-related upheaval! Tut-tut

Just checking in . . .
I'm at the library using a SLOW computer, but at least it's faster than my home computer with no power.
Electric went off Sunday evening 10:30 PM. Radio reported that Duke Energy said all of Pinellas County will have power by tomorrow (Friday) midnight. A neighbor's large tree fell on two power lines in our neighborhood.
Today is the first really hot day. Mon, Tues, Wed were mild, thankfully, with lots of yard clearing work.

Glad you were able to check in, SeesSeas. so sorry you have a lot of work to do to clean up, but it sounds like our did better than many... right? Is your home going to need much work? Hope you get your power when expected, if not sooner. Be well ... try not to overwork yourself into getting sick.

Husband uses chainsaw to free wife in labor, get her to hospital

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/1...o-free-wife-in-labor-get-her-to-hospital.html

labor, get her to hospital

Published September 14, 2017Fox News

1505370021540.jpg
A man holds the hand of his newborn baby. (Janzwolinski)

A couple in suburban Atlanta will likely never forget Monday, the day they became parents of twins.

Wife Heather Yavaliollah went into labor inside their home, but couldn’t get out because a storm resulting from Hurricane Irma had knocked down a tree, blocking the door.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back