DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen name with location list:

CARIIS = Orlando, Florida

Henry2326 = Charleston, South Carolina

Jax49 = Jacksonville, Florida--40 miles inland

oceanblueeyes = south Georgia (Lee County)

Turanna = Jupiter/West Palm Beach

Shin Masamura = Lakeland

Momrids6 = SE GA Coast

Tripplogan = Jacksonville

Cat99 = Jacksonville

southernmimi = south Georgia

NIN = Florida

MaryG12 - Sarasota

katsrfun = Vero Beach, FL

KinderedSpirits = Miramar (close to Miami)

Lonetraveler = Wilmington, North Carolina

EURO and Canadian models today take Irma into the Miami area. GFS keeps it offshore. All bring it as a major hurricane!

https://mobile.twitter.com/hurrtrac...twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://spaghettimodels.com/
68e344aa1aa012a06a9bdc320371dde3.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

:anguish:

If anyone is missing from the list let us know.

All on the southeast coast of NC are nervous and watching and preparing for Irma. At this time just as many of you are aware, we don't know where we would go to be safe because it isn't known right now where Irma will go.

Be safe everyone.

I live in Miramar, FL (minutes from Miami), and it has been such a crazy couple of days with all the preparations! I'm glad to see everyone taking this potentially catastrophic hurricane so seriously! Hope everyone stays safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shin Masamura = Lakeland

Momrids6 = SE GA Coast

Cat99 = Jacksonville

NIN = Florida

MaryG12 - Sarasota

Add me, Lonetraveler, Wilmington, NC

I remember 'ATasteOfHoney' said she lived on one of the barrier islands there. I don't think she's posted today, but she had been posting regularly up til then.

If I remember correctly, she said she didn't know if she was going to leave or not. She thought she might try to stay there in the local area.

Makes me nervous for her and everyone else. Praying for safety...

ETA: I'm pretty sure too that 'AC's Grandma' posted that she lived on the west coast, outside of Tampa.

Shin Masamura = Lakeland

Momrids6 = SE GA Coast

Cat99 = Jacksonville

NIN = Florida

MaryG12 - Sarasota

Florida native here. Always prepared.
I’m West Central FL, Pinellas County, half mile from Tampa Bay.

My cousins are in puerto rico. No power now, they were hunkered down w beer and the mexican train dominos! Xo stay safe great lists btw.

Shin Masamura = Lakeland

Momrids6 = SE GA Coast

Cat99 = Jacksonville

No it's not (NIN) = Florida

MaryG12 - Sarasota

SeesSeas =
West Central FL, Pinellas County, half mile from Tampa Bay

Greater Than = Miami

ATasteofHoney = barrier island (Florida)

AC's Grandma = near Tampa (out of state for now)

I am in Miami.

Thank you for keeping track of our members who are in Irma's path. :heartbeat:

Thank you. Scary times for so many of us. CARIIS suggested it and a few of us have been keeping it updated. Feel free to add and correct as needed.

Just venting here. Watching The Weather Channel and video of traffic backed up trying to evacuate Key West and once again I can't help but notice that the South bound double lanes going into the Keys are totally empty. So many times I read the hurricane evacuation plans of counties, my own included, that dictate that during emergency hurricane evacuation the incoming lanes of four lane highways will be opened to outgoing evacuation traffic in order to speed up the evacuation process. I watched weather station reporters showing live video of hurricane Katrina evacuation traffic showing the very same thing, ie., outgoing traffic backed up for miles and miles while incoming lanes were totally bare if any traffic. During Hurricane Floyd, interstate 40 west bound, leaving Wilmington, NC traffic was backed up for miles while the storm was moving in. The east bound lanes were totally empty. I waited in traffic in a truck with a truck camper moving only a few feet per hour until the wind got so strong it was rocking the truck. I had a paralyzed, disabled man with me. I had to make the decision to put the truck into four wheel drive, drive across the wide median between the interstate lanes and go back to my home instead of evacuating.

Why in hell doesn't the officials who can, open the incoming lanes to get the people out of danger? It is part of the evacuation plan but so far I've not seen it happen. Not in New Orleans, Not in Wilmington, NC and right now, not in the Keys of Florida.
This sucks.

Thank you. Scary times for so many of us. CARIIS suggested it and a few of us have been keeping it updated. Feel free to add and correct as needed.

Thanks so so much for keeping the list updated, Jax. :loveyou:

I have to get to bed here. Will check in early in the morning, you all keep a watchful eye, and stay safe, please. my thoughts are constantly on these storms, and I am a known worrier over friends/family.

I remember 'ATasteOfHoney' said she lived on one of the barrier islands there. I don't think she's posted today, but she had been posting regularly up til then.

If I remember correctly, she said she didn't know if she was going to leave or not. She thought she might try to stay there in the local area.

Makes me nervous for her and everyone else. Praying for safety...

ETA: I'm pretty sure too that 'AC's Grandma' posted that she lived on the west coast, outside of Tampa.

Thanks for thinking of me, JazzTune!

Sorry I haven't posted but Irma had me scrambling today making & cancelling evacuation locations.

Still have 2 options open....hedging my bets until the last second (of course).

4 shelters accepting pets opened at 5 pm EST today:

North Miami Beach Senior High, 1247 NW 167th St., North Miami Beach

South Miami Senior High, 6856 SW 53rd St., South Miami

Felix Varela Senior High, 15255 SW 96th St., Miami (in the West Kendall area)

The Miami-Dade County Fair and Exhibition, home to the Youth Fair at Tamiami Park, 10901 Coral Way, Miami. This is the shelter that is also accepting pets, and visitors should enter through Gate 2.

The fairgrounds shelter will accept dogs and cats, as well as any pets in a cage.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article171629357.html

Just venting here. Watching The Weather Channel and video of traffic backed up trying to evacuate Key West and once again I can't help but notice that the South bound double lanes going into the Keys are totally empty. So many times I read the hurricane evacuation plans of counties, my own included, that dictate that during emergency hurricane evacuation the incoming lanes of four lane highways will be opened to outgoing evacuation traffic in order to speed up the evacuation process. I watched weather station reporters showing live video of hurricane Katrina evacuation traffic showing the very same thing, ie., outgoing traffic backed up for miles and miles while incoming lanes were totally bare if any traffic. During Hurricane Floyd, interstate 40 west bound, leaving Wilmington, NC traffic was backed up for miles while the storm was moving in. The east bound lanes were totally empty. I waited in traffic in a truck with a truck camper moving only a few feet per hour until the wind got so strong it was rocking the truck. I had a paralyzed, disabled man with me. I had to make the decision to put the truck into four wheel drive, drive across the wide median between the interstate lanes and go back to my home instead of evacuating.

Why in hell doesn't the officials who can, open the incoming lanes to get the people out of danger? It is part of the evacuation plan but so far I've not seen it happen. Not in New Orleans, Not in Wilmington, NC and right now, not in the Keys of Florida.
This sucks.

Hi Lonetraveler. When the governor announced that all tolls are suspended, it was mentioned that southbound tolls were included as well so that people could get to their loved ones to help them evacuate (the elderly, those without transportation, etc.)

Opening all lanes as northbound traffic only sure would ease up the congestion, but I can understand the necessity of allowing some to travel south to assist certain evacuees.

Tough call, for sure.

More than 175 cats and dogs at the Humane Society of Broward County will fly out on Thursday to a partner shelter in the Bay Area of California.

As they leave, new arrivals from Key Largo will take their place.

“We have five dogs and 55 cats coming from the Humane Society of Key Largo on Thursday,” said shelter spokeswoman Cherie Wachter.

After the storm passes, the pets will be returned to Key Largo.

The pets bound for California are heading to the Tony LaRusso Animal Rescue Foundation in Walnut Creek. They are flying out Thursday at 7:15 a.m. from the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/we...shelter-pets-leaving-town-20170906-story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77