Hurricane Irma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/milita...e-weighs-whether-to-evacuate-for-irma/2336495
MacDill leaders, in riskiest flood zone, weighs whether to evacuate for Irma
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:04pm
TAMPA — Jutting out into Hillsborough Bay, MacDill Air Force Base sits in a primary flood zone.
And now officials at the home of two major commands fighting wars against violent extremists are deciding whether to bug out in advance of Hurricane Irma. It is currently a Category 5 monster menacing much of Florida and expected to make landfall in the state sometime over the weekend.
MacDill is in what Hillsborough County considers Flood Zone A and would have to evacuate if so ordered by county emergency management officials.
As of Wednesday evening, that order had not been given but officials on base, home to about 18,000 military and civilian personnel, are considering making their own decision on whether to evacuate.
[…]

Thanks for thinking of me, JazzTune!

Sorry I haven't posted but Irma had me scrambling today making & cancelling evacuation locations.

Still have 2 options open....hedging my bets until the last second (of course).

So glad you checked in with us! Sounds like you've been really busy today.

Whichever option you choose, we know it will be the best one for you. Stay safe!

Please keep us posted...

Screen name with location list:

CARIIS = Orlando, Florida

Henry2326 = Charleston, South Carolina

Jax49 = Jacksonville, Florida--40 miles inland

oceanblueeyes = south Georgia (Lee County)

Turanna = Jupiter/West Palm Beach

Shin Masamura = Lakeland

Momrids6 = SE GA Coast

Tripplogan = Jacksonville

Cat99 = Jacksonville

southernmimi = south Georgia

No it's not (NIN) = Florida

MaryG12 - Sarasota

katsrfun = Vero Beach, FL

KinderedSpirits = Miramar (close to Miami)

Lonetraveler = Wilmington, North Carolina

SeesSeas =
West Central FL, Pinellas County, half mile from Tampa Bay

Greater Than = Miami

ATasteofHoney = barrier island (Florida)

AC's Grandma = near Tampa (out of state for now)

TY scary tho

Taste are you heading out

I have been to Honolulu, Hawaii.
However I despise water. Lakes, rivers, especially oceans.
Hawaii is big enough I can ignore the fact that I'm on an island.
Then what I learned during Natalee Holloway's case didn't help.
I just hate water.
I totally pictured Irma just wiping everything off the island into the ocean. 😱

Can I ask why you have a fear? Dont go in hurricane season of course but otherwise the Islands are beautiful. Seems many will need to rebuild. Now.

I have weathered Hurricane Sandy and had loved ones at the center. I know how terrifying it was. I hope only the best for the safety of any and all members here during this storm. Please stay safe and on high ground, my friends.

I've been there too and now I'm upset that I have to worry about these cats! The governing bodies made sure to mention that they were evacuating shelters in the Florida Keys, why not these cats?!

I've been there too, and iirc, Key West has a pretty significant population of cats, and chickens, of which both are kinda feral. They just roam the island. The cats might let folks, at least when we were there, pet them, IF the cats felt like being petted, but no one was allowed to pick them up. My s/o attracts cats for some reason so a couple came up to us. They were sort of on the feral side though, as were the chickens, at least when we were there. They may be used to the caretaker though. I'd have started live trapping them sometime earlier this week and put them in a truck and hauled @** out of there. After the pics of Barbado? I'd be seeking shelter in another state.

I know this may be a little late but better late than never. I've heard that some folks don't want to leave because of their pets. I'd be one of those folks. I can't imagine having to leave them behind. I ran across this in my feed and thought I'd share.

Thirty states have some type of animal planning in place in the event of a disaster. The first link shows the the U.S. map, so you can click on, and check your state, and the second link is Fla's plan.

I hope it is of some sort of help to those like me who have critters and don't want to leave them.

https://www.animallaw.info/content/map-states-disaster-planning-laws

http://www.floridadisaster.org/petplan.htm

ugh i would not leave my lady love bug but today I thought if it really starts going nuts here I am going to keep her leash on

truly am pooped at the point where I wanna get it over with already

I just wanted to stop by to offer prayers and love to all of you who may be in the path of the hurricane. I lived in Miami for 18 years and survived Hurricane Andrew-in my bathtub, with my cat. Following closely. Sending love and light.

At the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum in Key West, general manager Jacqui Sands said she’s not going anywhere. She is charged with securing the legendary author’s 19th-century estate as well as ensuring the safety of the 55 cats that roam the lush grounds here, many of them with six and seven toes on each paw.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...4b862b2b3f3_story.html?utm_term=.7cde2789a605

i am sorry just no a good call in the keys give me a break its not like there in a possible outer band thing what someone is gonna hold something up I have seen this clip dont know who from so not sure about posting but the noise is something I have never heard before

THIS is what blows my mind. Generally they slow down as they destroy things.
Irma hasn't AT ALL. Will it slow before it hits Florida? I mean wow.

Philip Klotzbach‏Verified account @philklotzbach 1h1 hour ago

#Irma has now had winds of 185 mph for 33 hrs - no other TC around the globe has been this strong for so long in satellite era (since 1966).

https://twitter.com/philklotzbach?r...icane-irma-caribbean-islands-category-5-storm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/sep/06/hurricane-irma-caribbean-islands-category-5-storm

ugh i would not leave my lady love bug but today I thought if it really starts going nuts here I am going to keep her leash on

truly am pooped at the point where I wanna get it over with already

How close are you to the shoreline, CARIIS? Just in case you do get separated, take a sharpie, and write your name and number on her stomach.

I hear you. Relentless this is.

I keep thinking there is no way Jose can be as strong Irma is stirring up the ocean so the water near the top has to be much colder but who knows

pressure 916 not cool

Crazy times call for crazy thoughts - although I suppose I am really not allowed to use this as an excuse for crazy thoughts!

I am not talking about trying to blow up a hurricane! But is seems like some missles that would land right under the eye could disrupt the sucking up of water and weaken her

sounds silly but what would be wrong with just trying it and seeing if it disrupts it?

Henry

Have you ever used the bathtube raft
and resued it?

Ha I thought if someone has not been on the whole thread it sounds like your kidding me me the dude is going to go rafting in his bathtub while rain is pouring outside -- must be quite a enthusiast!

But is seems if I am alive after this and
empty it there would be no way for it to be dry so it would be gross??

Notions?

Henry

Have you ever used the bathtube raft
and resued it?

Ha I thought if someone has not been on the whole thread it sounds like your kidding me me the dude is going to go rafting in his bathtub while rain is pouring outside -- must be quite a enthusiast!

But is seems if I am alive after this and
empty it there would be no way for it to be dry so it would be gross??

Notions?

I checked on Amazon and they are designed to be one use only.

I have been to Honolulu, Hawaii.
However I despise water. Lakes, rivers, especially oceans.
Hawaii is big enough I can ignore the fact that I'm on an island.
Then what I learned during Natalee Holloway's case didn't help.
I just hate water.
I totally pictured Irma just wiping everything off the island into the ocean. 

You would not want to live where I live.

I checked on Amazon and they are designed to be one use only.

never thought of checking it out where I got it from it from TY

Look at this place we solve crimes get the news better than news outlets and now can do purchase things !

Awesome place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member