Hurricane Irma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evacuation traffic map as of 3:45 pm on 9/7. More folks again coming from Sarasota area, and folks in South Carolina and/or from Savannah GA moving inland from a few hours ago. The rest of the map... traffic!

:grouphug:

Evac9-7-345pm.JPG

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.5102397,-82.7310757,6z/data=!5m1!1e1

ETA: RL calls. Will be off until late late late tonight, or perhaps tomorrow.

:seeya: :prayers: for all affected

Evacuation traffic map as of 3:45 pm on 9/7. More folks again coming from Sarasota area, and folks in South Carolina and/or from Savannah GA moving inland from a few hours ago. The rest of the map... traffic!

:grouphug:

attachment.php

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.5102397,-82.7310757,6z/data=!5m1!1e1

ETA: RL calls. Will be off until late late late tonight, or perhaps tomorrow.

:seeya: :prayers: for all affected

Will miss you, but take care of those "refugees". Hope all goes OK for everyone. What a kerfluffle!

Breath....breath.....the EURO model at 2:00 pm suggest the Irma may dip south into Cuba and not make the turn, with significant consequences to entire state of Florida.

If, If, If.....we have seen this version in earlier model runs, but conditions moved it off the table. But it's back on the table.

Irma is very close to Cuba now. Hopefully the midnight model runs will give us better insight to the likelihood of this scenario.

Be prepared and be safe....

http://spaghettimodels.com
47ea13a105b153a78cb634984c8be5b2.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Miami mayor has expanded evacuation orders to now include Zone C. Ugh, my daughter is in C, right on the edge of B. Luckily she and her husband had already made plans to leave. She went through Andrew when she was little and is aware of the damage a hurricane can cause.

Gimenez’s new order covers the rest of evacuation Zone B as well as Zone C, a rapid escalation of Miami-Dade’s efforts to get residents to flee areas considered most vulnerable to dangerous storm surge. On Wednesday, Gimenez told residents in Zone A and the eastern part of Zone B — Miami Beach and the county’s other barrier islands — to begin evacuating at 7 a.m. Thursday.

The expanded order for all of Zone B includes Miami’s two main office and condo districts on Brickell Avenue and downtown, as well as large portions of South Dade. Parts of Cutler Bay, Florida City and Homestead — a city ravaged by Hurricane Andrew in 1992 — sit in the expanded evacuation area. For Zone C, the evacuation orders expand even further inland, encompassing areas that are generally south of Coral Way, but also include both sides of Biscayne Boulevard north of Miami, and parts of Aventura and Coral Gables. While there are some exceptions, the portion of C ordered to evacuate mostly sits east of U.S. 1 and Biscayne Boulevard.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article171780902.html

I am very near Ocala, and plan to stay put. We just went out to top off the car and buy a few items. Our stores still have some bottled water in gallon containers. Lots of other beverages, too.

Talked with a man who had evacuated Miami. He said the normally 4.5 hour trip took him 10.

There was a young family in the Publix parking lot. One little girl was crying, being embraced by her mother. It must be terrifying to pack up and leave your home. I hope they're going to relatives and not a cramped motel.

Screen name with location list:

CARIIS = Orlando, Florida

Henry2326 = Charleston, South Carolina

Jax49 = Jacksonville, Florida--40 miles inland

oceanblueeyes = south Georgia (Lee County)

Turanna = Jupiter/West Palm Beach

Shin Masamura = Lakeland

Momrids6 = south east Georgia coast

Tripplogan = Jacksonville

Cat99 = Jacksonville

southernmimi = south Georgia

No it's not (NIN) = Florida

MaryG12 - Sarasota

katsrfun = Vero Beach, Florida

KinderedSpirits = Miramar (close to Miami)

Lonetraveler = Wilmington, North Carolina

SeesSeas =
West Central FL, Pinellas County, half mile from Tampa Bay

Greater Than = Miami

ATasteofHoney = barrier island (Florida)

AC's Grandma = near Tampa (out of state for now)

fraudqueen = north-central Florida, 3 blocks from Atlantic

Tabirey = Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

bluedivergirl = near Ocala

Walking home from work cursing as I forgot my umbrella. Had to shut myself up as a slight drizzle is nothing.
Keeping everyone in my thoughts. Please stay safe. If anyone needs shelter come to Canada we have an extra room! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother-in-law told me neighbors parents live in florida ? They were in NY and left Tuesday to go home to get valuables and leave again. They were advised against it but left anyway. I'm sure i'll get an update she tells everybody everything.

I am very near Ocala, and plan to stay put. We just went out to top off the car and buy a few items. Our stores still have some bottled water in gallon containers. Lots of other beverages, too.

Talked with a man who had evacuated Miami. He said the normally 4.5 hour trip took him 10.

There was a young family in the Publix parking lot. One little girl was crying, being embraced by her mother. It must be terrifying to pack up and leave your home. I hope they're going to relatives and not a cramped motel.

Breath....breath.....the EURO model at 2:00 pm suggest the Irma may dip south into Cuba and not make the turn, with significant consequences to entire state of Florida.

If, If, If.....we have seen this version in earlier model runs, but conditions moved it off the table. But it's back on the table.

Irma is very close to Cuba now. Hopefully the midnight model runs will give us better insight to the likelihood of this scenario.

Be prepared and be safe....

http://spaghettimodels.com
47ea13a105b153a78cb634984c8be5b2.jpg

The NHC has also picked up this forecast as of 5:00 pm. Two are aligned....waiting on more confirmation.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?cone#contents
9f15c876a0e09b2be0e1a538f1520b9e.jpg

Just want to say, I hope everyone here & in Florida & the surrounding area the best of luck with this hurricane. Md here, a few miles in land from chesapeake bay and a few mile south b'more so could get rain/wind here.

Screen name with location list:

CARIIS = Orlando, Florida

Henry2326 = Charleston, South Carolina

Jax49 = Jacksonville, Florida--40 miles inland

oceanblueeyes = south Georgia (Lee County)

Turanna = Jupiter/West Palm Beach

Shin Masamura = Lakeland

Momrids6 = south east Georgia coast

Tripplogan = Jacksonville

Cat99 = Jacksonville

southernmimi = south Georgia

No it's not (NIN) = Florida

MaryG12 - Sarasota

katsrfun = Vero Beach, Florida

KinderedSpirits = Miramar (close to Miami)

Lonetraveler = Wilmington, North Carolina

SeesSeas =
West Central FL, Pinellas County, half mile from Tampa Bay

Greater Than = Miami

ATasteofHoney = barrier island (Florida)

AC's Grandma = near Tampa (out of state for now)

fraudqueen = north-central Florida, 3 blocks from Atlantic

Tabirey = Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

bluedivergirl = near Ocala

Sigh.

Spoke with a fellow employee today at the office and how we wound up in FL (from OH)- his parents moved when he was still a pre-teen - yet he hates living down here as much as I do.

We are staying put for now, Publix got in more water for consumption only 4.99 a flat - limiting 4 flats per family - I bought 2 flats. Nice to see all the gas stations on Clark Rd out of gas and everyone and their brother driving up and down that road like chickens with their heads cut off.

Looking forwards to high-tailing it back to AZ next year

Please remember to keep those in your thoughts who do not have the option to evacuate.....my son is one of these and will be staying throughout the storm caring for patients in the ER in Orlando, he will be working alongside many other doctors, plus nurses, radiology techs, hospital housekeeping staff, food service staff, EMS medics, police, fire and utility workers.

I don't know if this is the case, or not, but another Floridian, on an acquaintances s.m., suggested to do this;

Empty your dishwasher, and put anything you want to preserver, but can't take with you, inside there. Your dishwasher is waterproof and most are secured to cabinetry, so it is more likely to survive the storm.

Thought I'd pass it along. Again, it's 2nd hand advice. Not sure how well it would work.

Please remember to keep those in your thoughts who do not have the option to evacuate.....my son is one of these and will be staying throughout the storm caring for patients in the ER in Orlando, he will be working alongside many other doctors, plus nurses, radiology techs, hospital housekeeping staff, food service staff, EMS medics, police, fire and utility workers.
Thank him from our hearts....my husband is EMS and we understand the stress of his situation.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers!
I was born in Pensacola, Fl in 1966 and moved to Navarre Beach, FL in 1984. I married military in 1989 and got away from there. I dont miss hurricane season one bit. I am presently in GA. away from the coast.

Feedback requested

Rascal bolted about an hour and half ago

she is back

broke my heart

open the door and she was sitting on the balcony

lady love bug no aggression but is not happy with this situation!

I am loyal like she is me to my lady love but

should i go back there tomm and see if the owner is there

but am in a quagmire taking her to a shelter is a murder sentence but then what if i find the owner that has not obviously washed his her baby since the decade before I was born and I am 60

but behaviorally she is very sweet so at some point she was obviously nurtured she loves and wants love

i am having a hard time

i need to make sure lady love bug knows she is lady love bug

i will not keep rascal

i have my own issues with my bipolar issues and two dogs right now aint happening

lady and i have wroked thru my erratic stuff in terms of profound insomnia and she has a place inside to take care of her bussiness because i never know when i am waking up

they need routine as far as there business

i am not getting into a new baby peeing all over and triggering lady to follow those scents

lady love bug and I have managed this to where my living space does not stink

so what should I do tomm try to return her to her neighborhood

try to see if a shllter is taking any babies in the middle of the biggest disaster hitting ?

i am lost

feedback welcome

rascal is right here

ugh

What is weird to me is this week is technically a short week work wise for me - had Labor Day off - and the past three days seem like the longest ever and it is not even Friday. :\

Dread makes time go so slowly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member