Hurricane Irma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear from you, Skully
You were on my mind. Stay safe, buddy. And keep us posted. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

thank you Bessie. I will keep you posted once it's over. I do think we will be without power. Charlie in 2004, left us 3 days without power. But my hubby is an electrician so he can get up hooked up once they power back on, if our lines come down. We have one tree that is dead and close to the line coming into our home. So that will be a problem.

this is beyond my brain

how a little things fur could get so effed up is mind numbing

just mind numbing how effed up her fur is

I don't know if this is the case, or not, but another Floridian, on an acquaintances s.m., suggested to do this;

Empty your dishwasher, and put anything you want to preserver, but can't take with you, inside there. Your dishwasher is waterproof and most are secured to cabinetry, so it is more likely to survive the storm.

Thought I'd pass it along. Again, it's 2nd hand advice. Not sure how well it would work.

I think it would work, unless the building was destroyed. I've heard similar advice for front-loading washers.

Florida humidity CARIIS. Not kind to hair/fur lol

Screen name with location list:

CARIIS = Orlando, Florida

Henry2326 = Charleston, South Carolina

Jax49 = Jacksonville, Florida--40 miles inland

oceanblueeyes = south Georgia (Lee County)

Turanna = Jupiter/West Palm Beach

Shin Masamura = Lakeland

Momrids6 = south east Georgia coast

Tripplogan = Jacksonville

Cat99 = Jacksonville

southernmimi = south Georgia

No it's not (NIN) = Florida

MaryG12 - Sarasota

katsrfun = Vero Beach, Florida

KinderedSpirits = Miramar (close to Miami)

Lonetraveler = Wilmington, North Carolina

SeesSeas =
West Central FL, Pinellas County, half mile from Tampa Bay

Greater Than = Miami

ATasteofHoney = barrier island (Florida)

AC's Grandma = near Tampa (out of state for now)

fraudqueen = north-central Florida, 3 blocks from Atlantic

Tabirey = Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

bluedivergirl = near Ocala

Skully = north of Tampa

this is beyond my brain

how a little things fur could get so effed up is mind numbing

just mind numbing how effed up her fur is

Poor little thing. Sounds like it needs to be clipped, not combed?

my dear

I have pondered these things but right now I am pretending I am going to try and keep as much coldness as I can find!!

ahhh

this is a real mess guys

it took me 25 minutes to get thro the 24 d batteries packaging

give me a break

have any of you wanted to eat D batteries ?

like exactly why do they need to be packagd that way?

I would be deeply suspect that if you were in the mood to munch on D batteries you would plow through the packaging !!

If you don't have them, pick up some kitchen shears in the future. Best way to get through that dang packaging.

I don't know if this is the case, or not, but another Floridian, on an acquaintances s.m., suggested to do this;

Empty your dishwasher, and put anything you want to preserver, but can't take with you, inside there. Your dishwasher is waterproof and most are secured to cabinetry, so it is more likely to survive the storm.

Thought I'd pass it along. Again, it's 2nd hand advice. Not sure how well it would work.

Thanks, I've never thought about this. Great idea.

Lady love bug is in the other room so i can snuggle with this 3 pound adorable baby

the hair is unreal it is like crazy glued sh#t

it is unreal

it is awful

depressing

it is not ok

i am not bringing her back to that neighborhoold tomm it is awful its like crazy glue all under her little body

If you don't have them, pick up some kitchen shears in the future. Best way to get through that dang packaging.

ok I will go to gardening section at lowes for shears!

they would also help to chop of this babies hair blops

oh my god

I have several family members, friends, and acquaintances in South Florida, some near the coast or coastal waterways who had time and the resources to evacuate but chose not to. This saddens me because if any of them don't fare well in this monstrous hurricane, they will know it could have been prevented. I don't understand. I hope and pray for them and all who have been and may be affected by Irma as well as all those who suffered Harvey's wrath in our country, and everywhere the storms have hit.

On another note, we are in Raleigh, NC, and although we may experience tornadoes, some flooding, power outages, and some wind damage, we are relatively safe. Yet, when I went to get gas today, the lines were over the top, and some pumps didn't have gas. From there I went to BJ's, and the shelves were half empty. Cart after cart was filled with enough water for a week. The storm, if we are affected by it, is days away. Better to prepare before all-out chaos ensues, but it was just amazing to see people so far inland preparing for this monster. Thank goodness we were able to get enough supplies, we are keeping up via The Weather Channel and NOAA, and we will do what we can to help anyone in need. Best outcomes and safety to each and all who may be in Irma's path. :blowkiss:.

I, like Relay, am pretty far inland, and in Virginia. So I don't expect much here from the hurricane. But I'm really praying for all of you in these areas--gas shortages, evacuation nightmares, very little bottled water to be found...then, there's the dread of what will yet happen. Please know those of us not in the immediate area of the landfalls are standing with and for you. We will help you just as folks have been there to help the Texans. We will put feet to our prayers, not just empty words. Blessings and peace to all.

Screen name with location list:

CARIIS = Orlando, Florida

Henry2326 = Charleston, South Carolina

Jax49 = Jacksonville, Florida--40 miles inland

oceanblueeyes = south Georgia (Lee County)

Turanna = Jupiter/West Palm Beach

Shin Masamura = Lakeland

Momrids6 = south east Georgia coast

Tripplogan = Jacksonville

Cat99 = Jacksonville

southernmimi = south Georgia

No it's not (NIN) = Florida

MaryG12 - Sarasota

katsrfun = Vero Beach, Florida

KinderedSpirits = Miramar (close to Miami)

Lonetraveler = Wilmington, North Carolina

SeesSeas =
West Central FL, Pinellas County, half mile from Tampa Bay

Greater Than = Miami

ATasteofHoney = barrier island (Florida)

AC's Grandma = near Tampa (out of state for now)

fraudqueen = north-central Florida, 3 blocks from Atlantic

Tabirey = Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

bluedivergirl = near Ocala

Skully = north of Tampa

Collectively we have done well with this

this is good imo

Florida humidity CARIIS. Not kind to hair/fur lol

me dear!

this is dog neglect

what is so heartbreaking is she is sweet

so as time goes on I am wondering if her real mom or dad lost her and she has been running around for a long time

she is young (teeth) not a puppy but young

she has very "bed" snuggle stuff

like my lady love bug

i am visual to give you this i am on bed pillows holding me up

she is behind me sitting on the top of the pillows

if i put my head back i would be on her

miss lady love but is right here by my side

miss ladylove is around 48 pounds of doggie love!

lady is a wildly energetic baby i def think over the last couple of days she has picked up on daddies stress and now she has 4 new paws in her space

she is zonked out right here on my right

she usually gets really nuts around 4-5

she takes after dad in terms of mood stuff bipolar stuff !

[video=twitter;905959021852725249]https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/905959021852725249[/video]

We will have a full house by tomorrow. Our daughter, her hubby, and two little granddaughters plus their doggy will hopefully make it here today or late in the night. Tomorrow six other family members from Savannah will arrive at our home to stay. We have told everyone if they need a place to stay they are more than welcome to stay with us. We have a large home and there is only myself and my hubby here now with our two adorable fur babies.

If I can have 35-40 people here for the holidays every year we sure can offer our home for family members who are in such need now. I have already started to prepare food for a large crowd and will freeze most of it until needed. I pray we don't lose power but if we do my hubby has the generators all ready to go.

I do have to admit that I worry sometimes about our family coming into our area during times like this because we can experience forceful tornadoes- very high winds from hurricanes like Irma. It would be devastating if any of them got hurt thinking this area was safer. That probably doesn't make sense to most. Its just my worried thinking as a devoted mom, grandmother, mother-in-law who worries about my beloved family. That's what we all do, right? Worry, worry, worry that the right decision has been made in order to keep all of us safe and sound?

My heart, hugs, and prayers are with everyone who may be in the path of this raging unrelenting monster. For our beloved posters in areas that could be hit please continue to check in if at all possible so we know you are okay. You are part of my family too. :heart:

Adding my hugs and prayers for all affected. Watching and worrying with the rest of you.

oceanblueeyes: Everyone should have a family member or friend like you.

Lady love bug is in the other room so i can snuggle with this 3 pound adorable baby

the hair is unreal it is like crazy glued sh#t

it is unreal

it is awful

depressing

it is not ok

i am not bringing her back to that neighborhoold tomm it is awful its like crazy glue all under her little body

CARIIS, you have a heart of gold! It shines through in all your postings.

I don't want to try to influence you one way or the other about what you decide to do with Rascal. I think your instincts are right though about not hugging Rascal or doting on him in the presence of your Lady love bug.

I know a young lady who is kind-hearted like you. She has her own dog too but also started feeding a stray dog who ventured into her yard.

She had fed it several times while her own dog was present, (and had just been fed too, and petted) but one time last Fall, something clicked with her dog.

When she reached down to feed the stray, her dog suddenly bit her pinky finger off down to the second joint.

They never found her finger, so it couldn't be reattached. (So sorry for the graphic visual.)

But to show how kind she truly is, she never blamed her dog. She even kept him. Said she understood why he became jealous, even though she did nothing different the last time.

So just one of those things to remind us that our pets don't like to share us.

Good luck with this huge dilemma. Both dogs sound so precious!

The timing of this could not have been worse for you. Will keep you and these fur-babies in my thoughts. Stay safe!!

Fort lauderdale intl airport closes down tomm 745 at night

Eric Blake 🌀‏Verified account @EricBlake12
#Irma
has me sick to my stomach. Need to be very lucky for it to miss Florida now. Prepare & follow advice of your local emergency manager.

This hurricane is as serious as any I have seen. No hype, just the hard facts. Take every life saving precaution you can

I have little doubt #Irma will go down as one of the most infamous in Atlantic hurricane history.

Trust the NHC professionals for the best possible forecast. Protect you and your loved ones. I hope I have a house to return to.

I know it sounds dire. But a Category 4/5 into South Florida is one of those scenarios that sends chills.

Remember this is only my personal opinion not NHC. Heading it from someone who is going thru all the emotions can be helpful

Hearing it rather. Anyway it is good to put all these thoughts down and help get everything out. Please be safe everyone and prepare!

this is the longest storm that has stayed at this intensity for as long as she has in hostory

weather channel

ok both babies are in the other room I want them to play at least that means that lady is getting better with another 4 paws in her space

but at the same time i am petrified I am gonna hear something different

lady love bug has been tolerant I wish it would cross over into lets play

me dear!

this is dog neglect

what is so heartbreaking is she is sweet

so as time goes on I am wondering if her real mom or dad lost her and she has been running around for a long time

she is young (teeth) not a puppy but young

she has very "bed" snuggle stuff

like my lady love bug

i am visual to give you this i am on bed pillows holding me up

she is behind me sitting on the top of the pillows

if i put my head back i would be on her

miss lady love but is right here by my side

miss ladylove is around 48 pounds of doggie love!

lady is a wildly energetic baby i def think over the last couple of days she has picked up on daddies stress and now she has 4 new paws in her space

she is zonked out right here on my right

she usually gets really nuts around 4-5

she takes after dad in terms of mood stuff bipolar stuff !

CARIIS, maybe try rinsing rascal with cream rinse to help with the combing? They make some that don't have to be rinsed out, but shopping should not be high on your priority list right now. or shave her with an electric razor (night never work well in humans again). [a few spoons of olive oil makes a cream rinse, leave on 15-30 minutes and rinse].

Should you decide Miss Ladybug and Rascal could be companions, it take so few days to develop their sense of comfort and place in the pack order. Since Miss Lady Bug was there first, she had established where she gets to sleep, and Rascal will adjust and find another niche to crawl into. It could work out.

And if you keep her only through the worst of this storm season, you can still find an appropriate rescue to help her find a permanent home. Think of it as being a foster parent for now.... she will adjust.

Whatever you do will be right for your home. Wishing you a safe journey through the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo