Hurricane Irma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My cell is blowing up with alerts.

zslox5.png

[video=twitter;905993738295619588]https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/905993738295619588[/video]

[FONT=&quot]Hurricane warnings now posted for South Florida and the Florida Keys, hurricane watches posted for Jupiter Inlet up to Sebastian Inlet...[/FONT]

Off-Topic – TRAVEL TIDBIT
A recent post noted Jupiter in the Hurricane Watch zone.
That reminded me about a special beach in Jupiter which is a real gem. We visited there about 20 years ago.
http://www.floridarambler.com/florida-best-beaches/blowing-rocks-preserve-beach-jupiter-fl/
BEACHES / SOUTHEAST FLORIDA
Blowing Rocks Preserve: Dramatic beach in Jupiter is unique
JUPITER ISLAND — In a region with miles of sandy beaches, Blowing Rocks Preserve is unique: Its craggy limestone shore looks like it belongs in Maine or Hawaii.
Owned and managed by the Nature Conservancy, Blowing Rocks Preserve on Jupiter Island is as wild and natural as a beach can get. The conservancy doesn’t even let you bring food or beverages.
It gets its name from what the waves and rocks do during rough seas at high tide — water spurts out of holes in the Anastasia limestone, at times spouting 50 feet into the air. These conditions are most common in winter.
[…]
blowing-rocks-peekhole-rock.jpg

I just got home and saw the tweet. As I posted earlier, my family went through Andrew and it looks like Irma is going to be worse. Back in 1992 I remember the news showing stories of "hurricane parties" and a lot of people, including us, decided to ride it out.

Conditions deteriorated so quickly. I remember standing outside, admiring the force of nature then just an hour or so later me, my husband and kids and the teen next door were running from room to room, scrambling out as the roof blew off and the windows imploded. We ended up in an interior powder room. The noise was deafening; it sounded like a freight train. I'll never forget that night.

My daughter's flight was canceled but she got on a 7 pm flight and is on her way to New York. My son-in-law says he's leaving with the pets tomorrow. He's from Washington State and he doesn't have any idea of what the roads and weather will be like tomorrow. I'm afraid he's going to be forced to stay. They're in Zone C/B.

He's planning to drive the pets to Tampa but my husband told me when I got home that areas there are also being evacuated now. It's like there's no place to run to and it's only going to get worse.

I think everyone here gets the seriousness of Irma but I feel sick over what's going to happen. After Andrew we didn't have power until October - two months! FPL has been "hardening" the power grid in many areas since then but even so they said millions will be without power after Irma passes.

Ms. Marple,
I was 12 when Hurricane Andrew hit, but I will NEVER get that freight train noise out of my head! I was petrified!! I'm trying not to panic with Irma, but it's not easy! I hope everyone stays safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm debating which thread is worse for me to read right now---anything in politivent or this thread.

Ok this thread is informative but I'm getting nervous like a long-tailed cat on a porch full of rocking chairs!

Off-Topic – TRAVEL TIDBIT
A recent post noted Jupiter in the Hurricane Watch zone.
That reminded me about a special beach in Jupiter which is a real gem. We visited there about 20 years ago.
http://www.floridarambler.com/florida-best-beaches/blowing-rocks-preserve-beach-jupiter-fl/
BEACHES / SOUTHEAST FLORIDA
Blowing Rocks Preserve: Dramatic beach in Jupiter is unique
JUPITER ISLAND — In a region with miles of sandy beaches, Blowing Rocks Preserve is unique: Its craggy limestone shore looks like it belongs in Maine or Hawaii.
Owned and managed by the Nature Conservancy, Blowing Rocks Preserve on Jupiter Island is as wild and natural as a beach can get. The conservancy doesn’t even let you bring food or beverages.
It gets its name from what the waves and rocks do during rough seas at high tide — water spurts out of holes in the Anastasia limestone, at times spouting 50 feet into the air. These conditions are most common in winter.
[…]
blowing-rocks-peekhole-rock.jpg

Yes! Blowing Rocks!!

[video=twitter;905993738295619588]https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/905993738295619588[/video]

[FONT="]Hurricane warnings now posted for South Florida and the Florida Keys, hurricane watches posted for Jupiter Inlet up to Sebastian Inlet...[/FONT]

Both sides of FL ...... wow!
Thinking of those in Miami & the Keys right now....prayers for your safety

[video=twitter;905999987653345281]https://twitter.com/ABC/status/905999987653345281[/video]

The 11:00 pm NHC has remained consistent to the major shift west made in the afternoon models. The midnight GFS model confirmed the shift west. We may have a trifecta after the EURO models are released at 2 am.

Stay prepared and vigilant. There are still 2 variables that can greatly influence landfall:
(1) how far South the storm dips over Cuba. The moutains could reduce it or shift direction.
(2) it's all about the turn....how far the storm turns can affect the outcome.

http://spaghettimodels.com

a80c60ad198d406c21b6208844e11f09.jpg
27253cccde167be70778ca7243f16fcc.jpg
ef3c07165678a04a09a1fc9512373f82.jpg
813c056e3b5ef188b73e06e3030e64e4.jpg
d30a20c352dd1b7abeeea8b05800f626.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Evacuation mapping of traffic as of 9/8 at 12:25 am

Evac9-8-1225am.JPG

BTW - All Braves baseball games in Atlanta Georgia are FREE, through this weekend, to anyone who shows an ID from Evacuating states (South Carolina and Florida). A nice memory for those that came, especially catching a game ball!

Born and raised in Central and South Fl. but back in NC. My family raises cattle,horses and other animals and they are staying because of caring for them.Praying for a miracle that this storm loses some strength.

Thinking of each and every one of you in Irma’s path. Please just be safe !!

:grouphug:
Sillybilly

I've seen a lot of pictures of wreckage but not really any ocean front properties.
I don't know if they get hit HARDER or not, or if it totally depends?
I know the St. Martin airport got decimated (which is basically oceanfront) I've also heard of hotels that I assume would be ocean front.
Are there any photos from the air of ocean front properties from there?

I am in North Georgia, Dallas area. I don't like that shift to the west. I hope everyone on here in FL or presently away from FL will check in once Irma has passed.
Also, Jose is following Irma's path :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member