Hurricane Irma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twelve shelters opened in Broward County at noon today and already one is full. Pompano Beach High School, one of its smaller shelters, has been filled to capacity at 275. They're directing residents in that area to Lyons Creek Middle School.

As of 5 p.m. today, 1,700 people were in the county's 12 shelters.

Broward, which includes Fort Lauderdale, has about two million residents.

[video]http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/07/us/hurricane-irma-florida-latest/index.html[/video]

All my love and prayers to those in Irma's wake. As a New Orleans native I can relate to your dilemmas. What about the pets? How do I move an elderly or disabled loved one? I want to stay with my home. Shelters are awful. I know all of the excuses. It's not easy by a long shot, but I beg you, if you are in the path of a direct hit; or on the dirty side of the storm, PLEASE evacuate. The entire infrastructure could collapse. No medical resources, no transportation. Washed out bridges and roads, no power, no food, no meds. It's a horrendous experience if you and your spouse and children survive.

We always leave. Had we been threatened this year, i'm really not sure what we would have down now that my husband is sick and disabled, but we would have made our way to a shelter, I suppose, as much as I despise that prospect, though much better than waiting days to be rescued from the water.

Jumping off my soapbox now. You all know that I love our websleuthers, and don't want one of you to be hurt. When and if possible, please check in with your plans, and then as much as possible during the storm.

Love to you all.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

Feedback requested

Rascal bolted about an hour and half ago

she is back

broke my heart

open the door and she was sitting on the balcony

lady love bug no aggression but is not happy with this situation!

I am loyal like she is me to my lady love but

should i go back there tomm and see if the owner is there

but am in a quagmire taking her to a shelter is a murder sentence but then what if i find the owner that has not obviously washed his her baby since the decade before I was born and I am 60

but behaviorally she is very sweet so at some point she was obviously nurtured she loves and wants love

i am having a hard time

i need to make sure lady love bug knows she is lady love bug

i will not keep rascal

i have my own issues with my bipolar issues and two dogs right now aint happening

lady and i have wroked thru my erratic stuff in terms of profound insomnia and she has a place inside to take care of her bussiness because i never know when i am waking up

they need routine as far as there business

i am not getting into a new baby peeing all over and triggering lady to follow those scents

lady love bug and I have managed this to where my living space does not stink

so what should I do tomm try to return her to her neighborhood

try to see if a shllter is taking any babies in the middle of the biggest disaster hitting ?

i am lost

feedback welcome

rascal is right here

ugh

breaking my heart here, CARIIS. I have nothing good to suggest, but do hope that the Rascal is able to stay somewhere safe for now. Please don't take the pup anywhere where they may put her down... some dogs come in one door and are led right back to the bad place, if you know what I mean. Especially now.

That said, my heart and thoughts go out to everyone affected. Politics and passions aside, this is real and bad. Please please try to stay safe and help others when and if possible.

hugs all around

Feedback requested

she is back

broke my heart

i am not getting into a new baby peeing all over and triggering lady to follow those scents

lady love bug and I have managed this to where my living space does not stink hat should I do tomm try to return her to her neighborhood

try to see if a shllter is taking any babies in the middle of the biggest disaster hitting ?

i am lost

feedback welcome

rascal is right here

ugh

I have a miniature schnauzer named "Henry". Lol
He is 7 years old. We do well together although it took some time for him to accept my husband since he came first.

In the early days, I thought Henry needed a friend. So I brought home a Scottish terrier puppy. Henry looked up at me like I was crazy. The pup cried all night and kept both Henry and I awake. The next morning I let them out. Henry and I walked down the stairs to the yard. The pup stayed at the top of stairs whining.

Henry and I looked at each other as if "really".
I returned the pup that morning.
There are some relationships meant to be...that would be me and Henry. Haha. [emoji38]

Maybe that's you and lady bug....[emoji4]

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

South Carolina:

Hurricane Irma on Thursday evening appeared poised to make landfall near the Georgia-South Carolina border late Monday, as a weakening storm.

The South Carolina Governor said a mandatory evacuation order will go into effect starting at 10 a.m. ET on Saturday. Exact locations are yet to be determined, but he expects at least coastal counties, maybe more than that.

During the evacuation Interstate 26 lanes will be reversed to from Charleston to Columbia.

The state is prepared to open 200 shelters and transport 10,000 people by bus if needed.

The city of Charleston has declared a state of emergency and area county officials are urging people to leave early.

Charleston County shelters will open when an evacuation is ordered. The county can provide shelter for about 2,500 people if Irma is a Category 3 storm or stronger. If Irma is a weaker Category 1 or 2, shelter space will be available for about 6,000 people.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_8c493c32-9371-11e7-a119-fb3bb9d6d988.html

Please remember to keep those in your thoughts who do not have the option to evacuate.....my son is one of these and will be staying throughout the storm caring for patients in the ER in Orlando, he will be working alongside many other doctors, plus nurses, radiology techs, hospital housekeeping staff, food service staff, EMS medics, police, fire and utility workers.
Many personnel and first responders are true heroes, and deserving of our admiration and prayers. All the best to your son. Please let us know he makes out. I'll be thinking of you mama. :hug:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback requested

she is back

broke my heart

I am loyal like she is me to my lady love but

should i go back there tomm and see if the owner is there

but am in a quagmire taking her to a shelter is a murder sentence but then what if i find the owner that has not obviously washed his her baby since the decade before I was born and I am 60

but behaviorally she is very sweet so at some point she was obviously nurtured she loves and wants love

i am having a hard time

i need to make sure lady love bug knows she is lady love bug

i will not keep rascal

i have my own issues with my bipolar issues and two dogs right now aint happening

lady and i have wroked thru my erratic stuff in terms of profound insomnia and she has a place inside to take care of her bussiness because i never know when i am waking up

they need routine as far as there business

lady love bug and I have managed this to where my living space does not stink

so what should I do tomm try to return her to her neighborhood

i am lost

feedback welcome

rascal is right here

ugh

CARIIS. Keep her. She is a gift from
God. You can do it. Praying for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is trivia but her pressure now is andrew at landfall then

Here's a great tip you might have heard. Saved my fridge after Katrina and other storms. Place all perishables in your fridge and freezer (meat, cheeses, veggies) in double trash bags in side the freezer. If you lose power, it will be much, much easier to clean out. If you don't lose power, no foul. Believe me, it beats wiping up chicken blood or rotten spinach juice.

Once you remove the bad food bags, clean your fridge thoroughly. The stench will be bad. I use Dawn dishwashing liquid and clean thoroughly. Then I rinse thoroughly with white vinegar and water, half and half. Repeat. Your fridge should be spotless, but the odor of decay will linger. Fill two or three cookie sheets, or make sheets from foil, and layer with charcoal briquets. Keep fridge closed for 24 hours. Then check for odor. If it still smells funky, leave the briqruets in one more day. You'll be shocked at how well this merhod works. If really bad, you might have to teplenish briquets after two days. This method was a lIfesaver for me.

Euro (most accurate) is much more west coast fl now

Here's a great tip you might have heard. Saved my fridge after Katrina and other storms. Place all perishables in your fridge and freezer (meat, cheeses, veggies) in double trash bags in side the freezer. If you lose power, it will be much, much easier to clean out. If you don't lose power, no foul. Believe me, it beats wiping up chicken blood or rotten spinach juice.

Once you remove the bad food bags, clean your fridge thoroughly. The stench will be bad. I use Dawn dishwashing liquid and clean thoroughly. Then I rinse thoroughly with white vinegar and water, half and half. Repeat. Your fridge should be spotless, but the odor of decay will linger. Fill two or three cookie sheets, or make sheets from foil, and layer with charcoal briquets. Keep fridge closed for 24 hours. Then check for odor. If it still smells funky, leave the briqruets in one more day. You'll be shocked at how well this merhod works. If really bad, you might have to teplenish briquets after two days. This method was a lIfesaver for me.

my dear

I have pondered these things but right now I am pretending I am going to try and keep as much coldness as I can find!!

ahhh

this is a real mess guys

it took me 25 minutes to get thro the 24 d batteries packaging

give me a break

have any of you wanted to eat D batteries ?

like exactly why do they need to be packagd that way?

I would be deeply suspect that if you were in the mood to munch on D batteries you would plow through the packaging !!

CARIIS. I know what u mean with some of that packaging, cutting, ripping, pulling :gaah:

I started cooking up everything in the freezer this week. I have a few more days to eat the chocolate mint ice cream and the raspberry sherbert. My work is never done. I live just north of Tampa. Not in a flood zone, but at this point, it won't matter.

my dear

I have pondered these things but right now I am pretending I am going to try and keep as much coldness as I can find!!

ahhh

this is a real mess guys

it took me 25 minutes to get thro the 24 d batteries packaging

give me a break

have any of you wanted to eat D batteries ?

like exactly why do they need to be packagd that way?

I would be deeply suspect that if you were in the mood to munch on D batteries you would plow through the packaging !!
Then youll need a generator.

I wish they would play but I am warning all of you

I am not keeping her

she is so cute

do not start on me

i am having a confusing time figuring out how i got here

do not start on me

I started cooking up everything in the freezer this week. I have a few more days to eat the chocolate mint ice cream and the raspberry sherbert. My work is never done. I live just north of Tampa. Not in a flood zone, but at this point, it won't matter.

shhhhhh
we are dong the same thing why I am not overwieght remians a mystery to me

its genetic all of it is!

I am afraid to pet rascal too much i am afraid lady will be upset

this is the longest storm that has stayed at this intensity for as long as she has in hostory

weather channel

ok both babies are in the other room I want them to play at least that means that lady is getting better with another 4 paws in her space

but at the same time i am petrified I am gonna hear something different

lady love bug has been tolerant I wish it would cross over into lets play

Glad to hear from you, Skully
You were on my mind. Stay safe, buddy. And keep us posted. ;)

CARIIS. I know what u mean with some of that packaging, cutting, ripping, pulling :gaah:

It was abserd it became an "event: I still cant figure out how to do the lantern thing I will take it to my neighbor

we do have a generator but plan on only using it for a few hours on and off. Our garage has it's own AC and we put in a new garage door that is hurricane approved and a new steel door on the side of the house, no window in the garage. We have a TV, radio and chairs. We have food and canned goods. I packed a bag just in case, but at some point you can't drive out. So that is where we will be. Hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HNDere