Hurricane Matthew - Sept-Oct 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So glad they are safe and I pray they continue to remain safe through the night. Any idea what time the worst is supposed to be over for them?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure but hopefully by morning. It's hard to tell - Matthew's such a huge system.

Jax you stay safe! If there's any tall trees near your home please please please get to the safest area of your home away from the trees and windows. Praying for you!

Thanks. I'll be moving into the closet before it gets bad.

Lol, my husband asked me how many cats you needed in order to play it. :doh:

I think I one-upped your husband. Picturing a large bingo card on the floor, my first thought was "How do you get the cats to sit still on the bingo squares?" I quickly came to my senses, but the image cracked me up. :D

Weather Channel reporting at least 289 killed across the Caribbean. So sad.

attachment.php
around midnight

attachment.php
1:22 am

attachment.php
3:03 am

near midnight.jpg~midnight After one am.jpg~ 1am three am.jpg~4am After six am.jpg~6am Eight am.jpg~ 8am

Forecast images from here, as of this time: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/?ftag=CNMe94798 live coverage

I think I one-upped your husband. Picturing a large bingo card on the floor, my first thought was "How do you get the cats to sit still on the bingo squares?" I quickly came to my senses, but the image cracked me up. :D

I was picturing the exact same thing!! I imagine playing bingo with cats would be about as easy as herding cats. :p

Hi guys

how are my florida friends. Feeling a bit better we will see, media hype , inland, I think is gonna be a lot easier than they carried on about !!

coastal is gonna be devasting -- we are IMO talking a $40 billion event.

Feeling easier central fl

where and what conditions are you experionceing ?

Have you lost power yet

reports pls the

Oralando a couple of neat bands heavy but neat and exciting! Been quiet the last hour

Just about time for me to go :offtobed: I hope anyone here who lives in the storm's path has found safe harbor and that your families, friends, and pets will be safe, too. Thoughts and prayers for the safety of all who must endure Hurricane Matthew.

Gusty and gray up here in north central Florida with some rain. Just experiencing outer bands from Matthew. Had several emergency cell phone alerts and even home landline robocalls so far telling us to seek shelter immediately; and we're about 50 miles inland. The Florida government has done a great job at least in this area and the local Jax news has been covering things well.

11pm update from News4Jax reports that Matthew has wobbled a couple of times and wobbled a little east which is good news for Jax.
http://www.news4jax.com/
Stay safe Florida friends. The good part is that we're all on the eastern side of the storm!

From Jacksonville FL
e417d9957f36aa335157b17a799100fc.jpg

Wow amazing photo. Everyone in the path of the hurricane is in my prayers please stay safe and check in with us to let us know you are ok when you're able.

Hoping everyone is safe - I managed to get a flight to Atlanta late this evening. I don't think Savannah is prepared for what is heading that way.

I was evacuated from two hotels today - one by the river, one by the airport. The Civic Centre was busy when it first opened at noon. I'm worried for the people of Savannah as they became complacent because storms usually brush by them. Homeless people along the river in the historic district planned to stay where they were.

What a beautiful photo -,looks like a hand reaching down from the sky.

attachment.php

Very true, otto, PositiveLight's image from Jacksonville, FA, is awesome alright. Glad you had a safe trip.

Screenshot 2016-10-07 at 12.56.03 AM.jpg

projected storm surge cap from here http://www.cbsnews.com/live/?ftag=CNMe94798

may vary depending on if/when/where storm moves

More than about est. 140,000 without power, overall.

Brevard County official David Water, in summary watch for flying objects and downed power lines, about 10,000 without power.

Storm surges of concern as hurricane moves up the coast. Melbourne

St. Johns City, officials, has curfew in evac areas, to prevent looting. Surge of concern on coast and inland waterways. Please evacuate if in the area of surge. Wind about 30 mph and increasing.

70 mph wind gusts in Vero Beach, now. 90 mile band may be possibly heading into the coast, shortly, bypassed Jupiter area. One very strong band still on West Palm Beach

Screenshot 2016-10-07 at 1.12.19 AM.jpg Screenshot 2016-10-07 at 1.22.46 AM.jpg Projected wind speed, center image 2 am, not in order

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie
Back