Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hurricane Sandy: New Jersey Warned of 7- to 10- Day Power Outages

snipped...As Hurricane Sandy loomed off the East Coast, some residents of New Jersey were warned to prepare for 7- to 10-day power outages, and portable generators are selling out all up and down the Atlantic Seaboard as people prepare for the worst.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/hurricane-sandy-jersey-prepares-10-day-power-outages/story?id=17579827

[video at link]

Full moon could play a roll in surges! (at 2:20 minute mark in vid)

Hi nosey! Mr. Bogeygal is on a golf vacation in the Carolina's. He's supposed to be home on Monday, and since I'm such a worrier, Hoping his flight home to Newark airport is safe in this storm! Prayers please for his safe return!

Hi, Bogey :seeya:

I hope Mr. Bogey seriously considers coming home early tomorrow- we left Myrtle Beach a day early last year to (successfully) avoid Irene...although many near us were hard hit. The ride was a little rough but nothing like what it became later.

Either way, prayers are definitely coming your way, and for all others preparing for this storm. I think my sister in Northern Virginia may be in for a rough ride, too...

.....and breaking news on the Weather Channel, just announced a large earthquake has hit in Canada with aftershocks being felt in Alaska. :what:

Sending prayers for all of our sleuthers in Sandy's path. Don't forget to check in when you can and let us know how you're doing. :grouphug:

I'm on the west coast, but I'm watching this monster closely... Stay safe and dry, my WS friends. Praying for all of your well being. :heartbeat:

I'm in Australia so not affected by the hurricane but wish all of you the best.

Keep safe

Looks like the first bit of winds, rain, and waves are hitting the DC/MD/VA area - please check in, capital region folks, and let us know how it looks and how you're doing!

The wind is picking up here, no rain right now but there is some localized flooding in the area. We won't get the brunt of it until late tonight and Monday.

Weather.com tweeters expressing concern that there is already coastal flooding in va, de, and nj even though the storm is still pretty far south.

I'm in the DC area and can say we are "on the line" for the storm. The winds have been going since last night. They are gradually picking up. We will hopefully miss the worst, but have been giving strong wind and flood advisories.

Henry Margusity ‏@Accu_Henry
Still 951 mb which is a very bad storm and basically on the order of a CAT 3 pressure. So winds should get stronger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth
Back