Found Deceased IA - Corey Brown, 13, Marshalltown, 22 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ve never tried uploading a file before. It’s a clipping from the Marshalltown Times Republican sent to me by my father. My mother was aware of Corey’s death when I spoke with her, but she wasn’t sure she knew the Brown family from church.

The image of Corey’s locker has made its way around social media as well.

Ty for taking time to share that article with us. I couldn't even get through the third paragraph. I'll read it another time. I guess today isn't the day. Thanks, tough!

Edited to remove a separate post. Post is below.

Corey has been on my mind so much. I feel deeply for his parents, family and friends. I’ve been trying to place myself in a 13yo mindset. I think he could’ve been out to the tower before, maybe only in warmer weather. He could’ve slipped out other times, but was always back before his parents knew. Maybe he’d go there when something was on his mind. You never think you’ll be the person who dies when you’re 13. He likely knew it was dangerous to climb that tower in icy conditions, but assumed he’d be fine. He just needed ‘a few more minutes’ to clear his head. Unfortunately, he fell. Snow, ice, wind, losing balance...many things could have contributed. Is it possible that he jumped: yes, but I get the strong feeling that this was purely an accident. I had a secretive place I’d go to around that age, just to get my distance from my parents for a brief while. It was about a mile away. I did indeed go to it even in horrid weather, and no, my parents rarely knew. I think he’d slipped out before, just to clear his mind. This is a heartbreaking ending. ALL of this is JMO.

I'm taking your thoughts and holding on to them for comfort. Your theory is so logical, so American teen, so real for so many of us. Yep, that's exactly what happened to Corey. Ty!

Sorry, I messed up the other message by adding my reply to your message there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid
Back