Found Deceased IA - Corey Brown, 13, Marshalltown, 22 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is one of those cases where I wish for a sad button instead of a like. My heart is broken. Everything in me goes out to his parents, who are in no way at fault. They were just being caring parents. My deepest sympathy to them and may they find peace. My thoughts are with them.

Jan 31, 2019

Revealed: Missing Iowa boy Corey Brown, 13, fell to his death from a communication tower after running away from home following fight with his parents
  • Iowa teenager Corey Brown was found dead Sunday west of Marshalltown
  • The 13-year-old went missing during a snowstorm on the night of January 27
  • Police discovered his body at a communication tower site in the locality
  • He climbed the communication tower, then fell from an undetermined height
  • An autopsy revealed he died of blunt force trauma to the head
  • He had a fight with his parents who took his away his phone and he ran away
  • On Sunday, his parents thanked local agencies for spending time searching in adverse weather conditions
Corey Brown, 13, was found dead Sunday, five days after he ran away from home during a snowstorm after having a disagreement with his parents.

Searchers discovered his body on January 27 at the communication tower site located in the 900-1000 block of West Iowa Avenue in Marshalltown.

Police say their investigation determined Brown climbed over a secure fence to enter the site and climbed the communication tower, then fell from an undetermined height, KCCI reported.

A preliminary autopsy revealed he fell and suffered a significant head injury. His cause of death was likely blunt force trauma, officials said.

Iowa boy, 13, died of 'significant head trauma' after falling from a communication tower | Daily Mail Online

It would be nice if msm would stop referring to "...after a fight with his parents..."
Pretty sure this is hard enough for them without speculation that an argument caused this.
His dad said there was a discussion and the phone was taken. So, not a fight.

In an earlier release, police said Corey was last seen around 11:15 p.m. Jan. 22
Cause of death determined for Iowa boy who left home in snowstorm

That's pretty late. It gets dark here in NC at around 6pm. Did he bring a flashlight with him? And he walked 1.5 miles from his home (that's a approx. 20 minute walk). And I agree with everyone on here that's said his parents are in NO way at fault. They were just being parents. I can see myself as a teen leaving in those conditions if I was embarrassed or feeling shameful of something or even out of teenage boredom. I had places I'd go like the tower he went to not too far away from home. I don't think he meant to be gone for that long.

(This is OT but kind of creepy because the day he was found I watched the That 70's Show episode where the gang has a friend that fatally falls off the water tower.)

I feel for his family right now. This was a very unfortunate accident. I agree that the reports should stop mentioning 'he left after a fight with his parents'. This paints the picture of cause and effect which is irrelevant to this case. The accident could have had happened even if they didn't have that conversation. He could have went out because he couldn't sleep or was bored. I hope people are treating Corey's parents with respect and sympathy.

It would be nice if msm would stop referring to "...after a fight with his parents..."
Pretty sure this is hard enough for them without speculation that an argument caused this.
His dad said there was a discussion and the phone was taken. So, not a fight.

The media sensationalizes for click bait. IMO, it gets the comment boards (thereby ads) going if they can get the public to speculate, argue, and troll each other on topics such as this. As if we don't have enough factual as opposed to speculative stories about bad parents in the news.

Corey has been on my mind so much. I feel deeply for his parents, family and friends. I’ve been trying to place myself in a 13yo mindset. I think he could’ve been out to the tower before, maybe only in warmer weather. He could’ve slipped out other times, but was always back before his parents knew. Maybe he’d go there when something was on his mind. You never think you’ll be the person who dies when you’re 13. He likely knew it was dangerous to climb that tower in icy conditions, but assumed he’d be fine. He just needed ‘a few more minutes’ to clear his head. Unfortunately, he fell. Snow, ice, wind, losing balance...many things could have contributed. Is it possible that he jumped: yes, but I get the strong feeling that this was purely an accident. I had a secretive place I’d go to around that age, just to get my distance from my parents for a brief while. It was about a mile away. I did indeed go to it even in horrid weather, and no, my parents rarely knew. I think he’d slipped out before, just to clear his mind. This is a heartbreaking ending. ALL of this is JMO.

I’ve never tried uploading a file before. It’s a clipping from the Marshalltown Times Republican sent to me by my father. My mother was aware of Corey’s death when I spoke with her, but she wasn’t sure she knew the Brown family from church.

The image of Corey’s locker has made its way around social media as well.

Attachments

• C62FB39F-B769-496C-84D4-F2BDEED697D6.jpeg
    C62FB39F-B769-496C-84D4-F2BDEED697D6.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 31
I’ve never tried uploading a file before. It’s a clipping from the Marshalltown Times Republican sent to me by my father. My mother was aware of Corey’s death when I spoke with her, but she wasn’t sure she knew the Brown family from church.

The image of Corey’s locker has made its way around social media as well.

That’s so sweet with his locker! I just cannot fathom the pain his family, friends, classmates and community are feeling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maccionealex
Back