Found Deceased IA - Corey Brown, 13, Marshalltown, 22 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
D*mn. :( Rest in peace, Corey.

Marshalltown boy who went missing last week found dead, police say
Corey Brown, a 13-year-old boy who went missing last week, has been found dead, police said.

Marshalltown police said: "The Marshalltown Police Department regretfully reports that Corey Brown, age 13, was found deceased today. His body was located this morning at approximately 10:45 a.m. in a secluded area on the west side of Marshalltown."

Missing Marshalltown teen found dead after days-long search
His body was found in a secluded area on the west side of the city, police said in a Facebook post. No criminal activity is suspected at this time, though all possible scenarios are still being investigated.

Last edited:
Missing Marshalltown boy found dead, according to police
The Marshalltown Police Department posted the following message to their Facebook page Sunday afternoon:

The Marshalltown Police Department regretfully reports Corey Brown, age 13, was found deceased today. His body was located this morning at approximately 10:45 a.m. in a secluded area on the west side of Marshalltown. At this time, there is no evidence or information that indicates criminal activity is connected to this missing person/death investigation. However, this is still an active investigation and all possible scenarios will be thoroughly investigated.

A press conference is not being planned at this time. No other public information is available for release. When additional details are available, we will send them immediately. The Brown family requests everyone honor and respect their privacy. The family wishes to thank the Marshalltown/Marshall County community for all of their support during this difficult time. The family also thanks the public safety personnel, and volunteers, who worked diligently during the search for Corey. The family is not accepting requests for interviews and do not wish to make a public statement at this time.

(cont. at the link)

D*mn. :( Rest in peace, Corey.

Marshalltown boy who went missing last week found dead, police say
Corey Brown, a 13-year-old boy who went missing last week, has been found dead, police said.

Marshalltown police said: "The Marshalltown Police Department regretfully reports that Corey Brown, age 13, was found deceased today. His body was located this morning at approximately 10:45 a.m. in a secluded area on the west side of Marshalltown."

Missing Marshalltown teen found dead after days-long search
His body was found in a secluded area on the west side of the city, police said in a Facebook post. No criminal activity is suspected at this time, though all possible scenarios are still being investigated.
Oh boy. What kind of statement was he trying to make to his parents? Taking off after an argument to make them feel bad? How is that worth ending up dead?

With the details we have on this case, that's how it seems, but I'm not sure it makes sense. He always had the option of returning home, I would hope. Wonder why he didn't. Or if he couldn't.

More details needed on how he died...exposure? Injuries? Possible self harm?

All so sad. Real life can be so tragic. This feels especially so, IMO

Since you are from Marshalltown can you estimate how far it is from his home to the highway interchange? Could he have walked there in that awful weather? Are there truckers stopping there who may have given him a ride? It doesn't seem likely that he would do that but the town seems small enough that he couldn't just "hang out" and not go home without someone seeing him.

I am heartbroken by the news about Corey, as are we all. His parents graduated from the same high school as me just a few years after. Highway 30 would be in walking distance of his home, but he probably walked the other way (north.) Of course I could be wrong but if you look at a map there are two golf courses to the north and west of his home. Those have some forested, brushy areas around them although the area has been built up recently. If he walked further west he would have been in an even more “wild” forested area before hitting the newest construction.

If I’m wrong and he did go toward the highway, then that whole area is undeveloped or farmland.

That part of town would have been uninhabited at that hour and I can see how hypothermia would quickly set in. He could easily have gotten disoriented and lost, and then...

I hope the family doesn’t blame themselves and that they’ll be comforted by folks who I know care deeply. All of Marshalltown was hoping for a different outcome.

Oh boy. What kind of statement was he trying to make to his parents? Taking off after an argument to make them feel bad? How is that worth ending up dead?

With the details we have on this case, that's how it seems, but I'm not sure it makes sense. He always had the option of returning home, I would hope. Wonder why he didn't. Or if he couldn't.

More details needed on how he died...exposure? Injuries? Possible self harm?

All so sad. Real life can be so tragic. This feels especially so, IMO
My best guess is he probably didn't make it past the first night, because of the freezing cold.

8993302-6633133-image-a-21_1548445706525.jpg

Iowa boy, 13, is found dead five days after running away from home during snowstorm because his parents took away his phone
  • Iowa teenager Corey Brown was found dead Sunday west of Marshalltown
  • The 13-year-old had been missing from home since Tuesday night
  • He had a fight with his parents who took his away his phone and he ran away
  • On Sunday, his parents thanked local agencies for spending time searching in adverse weather conditions
  • His school issued a statement saying they are 'saddened' by news of his death
Iowa boy, 13, found dead in 'secluded area' five days after running away from home during snowstorm | Daily Mail Online

5c4e501723846.image.jpg

Corey Brown, 13, was found about 10:45 a.m. Sunday in a secluded are on the west side of Marshalltown, according to a Marshalltown Police Department Facebook post.

“At this time, there is no evidence or information that indicates criminal activity is connected to this missing person/death investigation. However, this is still an active investigation and all possible scenarios will be thoroughly investigated,” the post read.

Police did not release information on time or cause of death.
Missing Marshalltown teen found dead

50632809-600440030402586-3939128924813918208-o-1548628213.jpg

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) —

A 13-year-old central Iowa boy who left home in the middle of a snowstorm has been found dead, bringing the dayslong search -- made difficult by frigid temperatures and blustery winds -- to an end.

Brown was last seen around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday near the Jackie Terrace neighborhood walking south. Surveillance video captured footage of the teenager leaving the house hours after he apparently had an argument with his parents, the police chief said.

A community ravaged by an EF-3 tornado in July 2018 came together once again to assist in finding Brown, an eighth-grade student at Miller Middle School. Residents tied green ribbons around trees and put out green bulbs on their porch lights to show support for Brown.

About 200 people showed up Wednesday for a search party at St. Henry Catholic Church, the Marshalltown Times-Republican reported.

"It says a lot about how community-oriented Marshalltown really is," Marshalltown resident Kara Wilson said.

Brown’s parents made an emotional plea Thursday for their son to return home, saying, “Corey, if you’re out there, bud, you’re not in trouble; just come home.”

Marshall County Crime Stoppers and Lennox Employees Credit Union offered a $1,000 reward for information related to Brown’s disappearance. It wasn’t clear what will happen to that reward money.
Marshalltown boy, 13, found dead days after he left home in snowstorm, police say

"We are saddened to learn of the death of one of our students. Our thoughts and deepest condolences go out to the Brown family and those close to Corey. He was loved by many and will be deeply missed. We will continue to offer additional counselors at Miller Middle School and Marshalltown High School to assist those in need," says the statement.

Miller Middle School is where Brown went to school. His older brother, Sammy goes to Marshalltown High School where their mother, Michelle, also works.
Missing Marshalltown Boy Corey Brown Found Dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid
Back